FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, April 3, 2020

Review #1,927: Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2020

Reviewed on 4.03.2020 (Review #1,927)


It seems like tha world’s been really changin’, since my last review… This whole Corona thing’s a lil’ nuts… Luckily, I’m all good, even tho two weeks ago, I visited Baton Rouge, LA, for some music things. I don’t have no bad symptoms & I will continue to do me! I ain’t expect this May edition so fast, especially with Corona takin’ over everyone. We’ll see how June turns out, as far as an arrival/production date. For now, here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2020—happy 14 years of me reviewin’ Dance Radio editions, with this edition! Also, right b4 I typed this up, we had a heat issue; it reached 77 in tha house (average iz 69)! I told my stepbrother, “This’ll be tha dance review we’ll remember as when it was 77, in tha house [during cold seasons],” lol. I then told my mom, “In 10 years, when it’s 2030 & you’re 69, we’ll remember this day as tha day tha heat went up to 77, in tha house;” facts! With all that bein’ said, let’s see how we do with this review, in a Corona’d world or not [my world]! Start Time: 6:10 PM | End Time: 7:59 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2020 Review (Review #1,927) reviewed on 4.03.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Moguai feat. Cheat Codes “Hold On (2020 Edit)”
Label: Spinnin’
A return of this song…? I dunno; interesting or “Corona wreck,” as I may word it…? A 27-year-old Frankie iz back?! >>> Lol, I’ono, just like Calvin Harris with his “I’m Not Alone” 10-year revival, here comes this song’s five-year revial? Just a lil’ shorter? Seems like an added chorus part? Funny that this’ll randomly revive itself, durin’ these times… Basically, I’d say, it’s like a steady rating, though a “2020”? My Rating: 4.2
^ Had to look up tha old rating, from tha 11/15 edition. That review was definitely somethin’ nice, so I had to revisit it! That was, like, tha 1st edible review of Dance Radio for me; definitely nice/great way I put things! Glad you revisited it, in a 2020 way, with this edit, lol.


02. Fisher “Freaks”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
More from this Fish, here; let’s get it…! >>> I’m likin’ this new-house, deep-soundin’, Fisher’d-up vibe, all tha way round! Glad he keepin’ tha more instrumental-soundin’ house bangerz comin’; definitely nice! See, now tha deep-houserz out there should take notes! If all their deep-house tracks had buku elements, like our man, Fisher’s, then things would be more hype/positive & less boring, I’d say…? My Rating: 4.7


03. DVBBS “Wrong About You”
Label: Ultra
Let’s keep tha new comin’ ta get us through tha damn Rona! >>> On Fisher’s level, from tha start, it sounds like a pure breed of his track, lol. It str8/cool, though doesn’t have all those elements like our boy, Fisher, had…! Nice lil’ part at 1:18 to break it up, at least; we’re gettin’ some juice out… My Rating: 4.2


04. Elderbrook “Numb (VIP Mix)”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Let’s see what our good-ole boy got, this time… >>> Kinda startin’ to remind me of Anabel Englund’s “So Hot”, with MK bein’ tha irony between tha two artists, too? Right in tha middle, too… (My map: March 2020: “So Hot (MK x Nightlapse Remix)”…April 2019: “Old Friend (MK Remix – Radio Edit)”…; May 2020: “Numb”); nice male version of “So Hot”, for me, with its deep-soundin’, melodic vocalizin’… Likin’ this calmer, deeper-soundin’ Elder, here… My Rating: 4.3


05. Don Diablo feat. Zak Abel “Bad”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
My guess: tha more of a mainstream Diab, here, with our “Power” Zak? >>> Liked that 1st seven seconds; didn’t know what to think… Sounds like it’s okay; beats are kinda plain, tho they sound like they’re samplin’ somethin’…? Not exactly a sample, but a slight reminder that it sounds (to me) like Seven Lions & Jason Ross feat. Paul Meany “Higher Love”? As I’m in that zone, I kinda feel like teased a lil’ that this sounds better to me? Still a lil’ plain but a dope effort… My Rating: 4.0


06. Kierra Sheard “Don’t Judge Me (Country Club Martini Crew Remix)”
Label: RCA Inspiration
A special hit-mixed track, despite tha raplessness? Either it’ll be a surprise or somethin’ down tha drain, based off my expectations… >>> Tha beginning vibe doesn’t even make me think there would even be rappin’ in this. Sounds like an okay pop song, remixed, basically. Not too sure how it’ll do with me? Drop part sounds a centimeter better, in my opinion… Might just be a random song for me, depending on its reputation in tha world… My Rating: 3.7


07. Waze & Odyssey vs. Tommy Theo “Always”
Label: Arista
More of tha deep-deep sound, lol…? >>> I seek a remake on tha way…? Kinda; a part of me wants to say this trashy. Then again, it has, more of, like, that ‘90s-soundin’ deep vibe? Like, I can picture myself bein’ a pre-teen… Kinda a 50/50-soundin’ deep-house opinion from me… Kinda sounds like Mary J. Blige? We’ll see, in tha future; for now, kinda unsure… It’s not a full failure, though. My Rating: 3.1


08. Alyx Ander & Dallerium feat. Kaleena Zanders “Spotlight”
Label: Perfect Havoc
It’s ‘bout time a Perfect Havoc song made it to a PO…! However, let’s look back at 20-year-old Frankie (I swear, lol, to go with that 2030 comment, in tha beginning, I talked about what I did 10 years ago, b4 this review. It was a Saturday & I was on tha radio, after bein’ on TV, durin’ my college’s news packages news broadcast). Tha 20-year-old Frankie was like:


Now, 31-year-old Frankie be like, “Numba eight, again, lol? Why remake this?” Just makes my 2008 feel ancient, even tho it makes me legendary, today! Good to have Kaleena on tha vocals, Perfect Havoc on tha label & Alyx in tha mix, but too dry wit tha beat, R&B/remakin’-soundin’ vibe & I don’t think it should have all tha exposure it’s gettin’… My Current Rating: 1.5


09. Disco Killerz & Holly T “Nothing To Lose”
Label: Enhanced
I think we’ll be back to tha goodz, now…? “Yalp…!” >>> Not bad for a faster-soundin’ song, so far… Sounds like we got a good pre-chorus & a strong chorus/climax, here…! Strong drop; definitely nice & anthemic, here! Sounds like a great combination of everything; hope it does good, in tha future! Speakin’ of “Disco”, we got tha other “Disco”, on this CD (tha Fries) & this whole vibe gave me close to a “Beat Of Your Heart” vibe, which was tha Fries’ most-recent banger b4 this CD…! My Rating: 4.6


10. Alesso & DubVision “One Last Time”
Label: 10:22pm/Astralwerks/Capitol
While shit like “Spotlight” can make a dry/shitty revival, here comes a good revival of tha Alesso power! Also, with tha Dub boyz? Definitely feelin’ tha power & these hidden female vocals! Definitely nice with tha combined power! Glad Alesso leavin’ tha dry land of deep & goin’ back to tha power! My Current Rating: 4.7


½time: Looks like a dose of strong, with a few bumps in tha road… Either way, definitely nice, with tha compilation of tracks, here… We got a 3.9 for tha ½time rating; let’s see this continue…!


11. Jonas Blue + Paloma Faith “Mistakes”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Looks like it’ll be a nice collab, followin’ a “Lullaby”, lol… >>> Beat sounds are cool, tho tha beat vibe’s a lil’ dry, for tha start… A lil’ better, before tha chorus comes on; let’s see… A cool lil’ chorus; thought it was gon be a stronger dance vibe but it still cool… Hearin’ tha 2nd verse & it makes me feel like I slightly like this track a lil’ more. Like I said, I ain’t expect it to have more cool sounds than a strong dance vibe. Either way, it gets a plus from me. My Rating: 4.2


12. Sharam feat. Bengle “The Rain (London Radio Mix)”
Label: Yoshitoshi
Well, at least some1 still reppin’ for tha good-ole Yosh…! I remember durin’ my dayz growin’ up, there were quite tha amount that inspired me to be who I am, today. Always a good vibe thinkin’ of that, especially seein’ somethin’ like this in 2K20…! >>> Wasn’t exactly sure what tha vocalist was gon sound like but I always have been used to Sharam & his Anousheh chick. Either way, these male vocals sound nice; this sounds like tha better-soundin’ deep vibes. This more tha throwback to me growin’ up-type sound, vs., say, today’s & tha Waze & Odyssey ‘90s vibe. I like tha whole aspect of dependin’ “on tha rain,” durin’ tha chorus. Cool lil’ deep vibe; decent track for me, overall. Not sure of this in tha mainstream dance world? Would be cool, tho I don’t think it’ll do big numbers…? My Rating: 3.6


13. 220 Kid & GRACEY “Don’t Need Love”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
We got my stepbrother’s birthday in tha new DJ’s name, here; looks like it’ll be dope…! Expectin’ a good vibe outta these two newbies…! >>> An interestin’-soundin’, distorted background vibe, in tha beginning? Sounds good with this female; likin’ tha “Drunk text to come over; we don’t talk when we’re sober” part… Drop & vibe sounds a lil’ dry but it okay, I guess…? Sounds like it could be better than it’s soundin’, later on. Either way, at least it’s an original track…! Nice ending ta end it off, too… My Rating: 3.9


14. Love Regenerator & Calvin Harris “Give Me Strength”
Label: Columbia
As they continue to bring tha great, undaground, interestin’ vibes… >>> This much betta, as far as tha quiet, deep-soundin’ vibes. Like how Calvin decided ta up it ta 130, on tha tempo. This woulda been, like, 120, if it was other peeps, in my opinion… Feelin’ how tha sampled female sounds on this. Sharam & a Love Regenerator collab? Sounds like they could go in parallel lanes… Sounds like a long breakdown to get lost in, while this progresses… Not as consistently-fast as their “Hypnagogic (I Can’t Wait)” but still dope, especially durin’ those 130 kicks! Despite Harris gettin’ so much exposure in tha world, I’m glad he can find this undaground, dope-soundin’, faster vibe! My Rating: 4.7


15. Disco Fries “Anybody”
Label: Enhanced
There’s my 120 I was talkin’ about, just on tha Calvin track, lol. Hope it’s pretty strong, creative or cool, in some type of way… >>> Sounds like a young R&B female on tha vocals, here… Decent lil’ house vibe; I’m likin’ that tha 120 tempo ain’t too dry, here… Tha Fries keep bringin’ some nice, new females on tha tracks. Now, we got a mystery one; who could it be? Good lil’ drop ta enhance tha Enhanced track, as well, lol… My Rating: 4.1


16. Topic feat. A7S “Breaking Me”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Lots of Astralwerks/Capitol releases, these dayz… Caught this on Music Choice Dance (wow, it took me 16 tracks ta mention MCD & I wouldn’t’ve mentioned them, if I woulda reviewed this on time (they added it right after)) but I don’t think I’m feelin’ it that much? >>> Not inta these male vocals; sounds like their pitch iz pitched lower? Like, how much deeper did they want tha voice, in my opinion? It’s like, deep-house + deep voice = double deep…? Tha A7S dude tryna be catchy wit tha “la-la-la”in’…? Not really my interest; too sappy with tha sound… My Rating: 2.1


17. PUBLIC “Make You Mine (Habitat Remix)”
Label: Island
Time for remixes… ? >>> Thought it was gonna be a lot slower but it okay; nothin’ too poppin’ with it for me, tho… This iz as if tha deep-house dry vibe got faster… Compared ta how short tha other songs were, this sounds long & it’s only 3:42. Nothin’ spectacular, here; time ta move on… My Rating: 2.4


18. Sofi Tukker “Purple Hat (KC Lights Remix)”
Label: Ultra
So, I remember, when I reviewed tha January 2020 edition, I shuffled tha tracklist & tha original version of this was tha 1st 2020 PO-reviewed song I did, lol. Now, seems like tha world done changed up so much since that review & it was only four months ago…! Not sure how a remix’ll do, since tha orig. seemed ta fall off, recently? >>> Sounds kinda funny/odd to be on a faster beat, though a lil’ random ta appear on here? Nothin’ too terrible, though I think it just wanted to be a filler? Sofi’s dude sounds weird all slowed down & shit, while Sofi’s chick sounds pretty good. Might just have ta be a random one, if I decide ta temporarily add it (non-playlist song)? My Rating: 3.0


19. Robin Schulz feat. Alida “In Your Eyes (LUM!X Remix)”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Didn’t expect this hot one ta return fa Part 2! Been catchin’ it on MCD, here & there—it’s actually on, now. This iz one of those tracks where I like tha original version better. Somethin’ about how Robin touched it vs. LUM!X. Even down ta how he took care of LUM!X, on tha 10/19 review, he took care of his own self, with this track. Faster beats & drop ain’t bad, here; always good ta have. Not much ta say different from its vibes of tha original, except how this was a good lil’ bonus… My Current Rating: 4.2


20. Molly Parton “California”
Label: eOne
Oh boy… Thought it was all remixes till this came outta nowhere…! Her name, which looks like a take on Dolly’s, looks pretty dope. Wonder what this’ll be like, courtesy of tha good-ole Koch-turned-E1-turned-eOne, lol…? >>> Thought this was gon be some trap-soundin’ shit. Sounds like a strong pop/slow-dance vibe, here, with a good sound? An okay chorus; nice view of Cali, huh? I said a “take on Dolly’s name,” though it’s startin’ ta make me think it’s a relative of theirs? Can see this sound a lil’ better, in tha future (maybe…)? Either way, maybe, a remix can help it, too… My Rating: 4.0


Overall: Thought this turned out ta be a great review, despite some vibe-bumps I had with a few tracks. At this point, durin’ tha whole virus breakout, it sounds refreshin’ just ta hear new music, in my opinion. We’ll see how tha future of dance continues ta define this new decade, with everything goin’ on…


Rankings:

20. Alyx Ander & Dallerium feat. Kaleena Zanders “Spotlight” 1.5
19. Topic feat. A7S “Breaking Me” 2.1
18. PUBLIC “Make You Mine (Habitat Remix)” 2.4
17. Sofi Tukker “Purple Hat (KC Lights Remix)” 3.0
16. Waze & Odyssey vs. Tommy Theo “Always” 3.1
15. Sharam feat. Bengle “The Rain (London Radio Mix)” 3.6
14. Kierra Sheard “Don’t Judge Me (Country Club Martini Crew Remix)” 3.7
13. 220 Kid & GRACEY “Don’t Need Love” 3.9
12. Don Diablo feat. Zak Abel “Bad” 4.0
11. Molly Parton “California” 4.0
10. Disco Fries “Anybody” 4.1
09. Moguai feat. Cheat Codes “Hold On (2020 Edit)” 4.2
08. Robin Schulz feat. Alida “In Your Eyes (LUM!X Remix)” 4.2
07. DVBBS “Wrong About You” 4.2
06. Jonas Blue + Paloma Faith “Mistakes” 4.2
05. Elderbrook “Numb (VIP Mix)” 4.3
04. Disco Killerz & Holly T “Nothing To Lose” 4.6
03. Alesso & DubVision “One Last Time” 4.7
02. Fisher “Freaks” 4.7
01. Love Regenerator & Calvin Harris “Give Me Strength” 4.7


Average Rating Review:

Total Score:                      75.2
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   3.8