FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, May 1, 2020

Review #1,930: Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2020

Reviewed on 5.01.2020 (Review #1,930)


Kickin’ off May as we dip inta June, here… Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2020 iz here & it’s time to see what we got in store! I think it’ll be a good release, figurin’ that not much has went on, durin’ these quarantined times. That means, a lotta new music iz here! Not much ta really say on this intro, so lemme just get to it, now! Start Time: 5:07 PM | End Time: 7:04 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2020 Review (Review #1,930) reviewed on 5.01.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Tiësto & Becky Hill “Nothing Really Matters”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Seein’ it appear, tho I’ono if I’m really feelin’ it that much… >>> Sounds like a good start, even tho with Becky, it’s a hit or sometimes-miss with me, as far as really likin’… Sounds like a good chorus, as well as tha 1st verse; drop ain’t bad, tho more on tha decent side… Good verses & chorus part, at least, so it’s some (good) props… My Rating: 4.3


02. Sonny Fodera & King Henry feat. AlunaGeorge “Before U”
Label: Three Six Zero
A decent track that’s been around. Was on tha lazy side ta add it, but now that it’s here, I guess that means tha laziness goes away… Sounds pretty good durin’ tha verse & pre-chorus; a lil’ dry wit tha drop part… Either way, no hate, just neutral… My Current Rating: 4.3


03. Love Regenerator, Calvin Harris & Eli Brown “Moving”
Label: Columbia
#FlashbackFriday: A long while ago (always don’t seem it…), in 2004, Music Choice Dance had their Bryan Cox “Music Is Movin’”. Now, here we are, 16 years later…! Didn’t think it would get a rework but this sounds good ta refresh it, I guess? Liked some of tha Regenerator’s other shit more than this, even tho it’s still nice… Consistent music parts but not enough good music parts… My Current Rating: 4.4


04. Steve Aoki & Icona Pop “I Love My Friends”
Label: Ultra
Slowly startin’ ta get out there, as well… >>> An okay start; really like IP, tho neva really get tha best results outta Steve. Then again, since tha “Popcorn”, Steve’s been pretty dope… This has cool lil’ sound parts, frequently in this. Kinda stop-and-go with tha 128 BPM vibe, tho; that’s what doesn’t make this 100% pure fa me… Either way, props on tha collab…! Gotta “love” tha “friends!” My Rating: 4.3


05. Michael Calfan & Martin Solveig “No Lie”
Label: Spinnin’
Caught a lil’ bit of this one, too & I think it’s dry (from what I heard)…? >>> Yeah, kinda a dry-soundin’ vibe, tho a nice one… Just like tha other good/dry Solveig collab (wit Guetta, on that “Thing For You”), this has an uncredited female, soundin’ good… Like how tha chick wants us to “keep it 100,” like tha summer shirt I have; good shit…! Kinda a lil’ bit of a guilty pleasure for tha plain vibe, at first, tho I’m seein’ this as a good one. Might like it betta if I had a face to tha voice… My Rating: 4.3


06. Demi Lovato “I Love Me (Zac Samuel Remix)”
Label: Island/Republic
… (that’s all I have to say…) >>> Sounds like a good lil’ upbeat remix; I’ono how special it’ll be… An okay 1st verse, tho as it progresses into tha chorus, it sounds a lil’ plain/nothin’ that would be special… Thought it was gonna be a lil’ on tha better side of a remix, when it first came on. Now, I feel like it’s not a 5 “outta” 5, Demi & on this release, tha 1st one that’s not a 4 “outta” 5My Rating: 3.2


07. Matoma & Brando “The Bender”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Hope they have a special collab together…! >>> Thought it was gonna be a lot more special than this but this cover shit of Earth, Wind & Fire sounds like trash, from tha beginning, smh… Rather hear Brando on his “Look Into My Eyes” dry/remakin’ shit on MCD… Woulda been okay/decent with tha drop but it didn’t work out that way, shmoked-out or not…! L I also think that tha covers/remakes are far from done, here, smh…! My Rating: 1.6


08. Brooks feat. Gia Koka “Say A Little Prayer”
Label: STMPD
Literally, I would insert, “…*continued from where I left off on tha last song…* >>> I’m so glad I misjudged tha title as Diana King’s, here…! Thought it woulda sounded better, regardless, with Gia on vocals than Brando… Sounds like a cool new house track & then, tha typical bouncin’ vibe from Brooks, on tha drop… Not bad, overall; tha energy’s in its own spots… My Rating: 3.9


09. Party Pupils feat. Gary Go “West Coast Tears”
Label: Dim Mak
Been on MCD fa a while, now… For this “Cinema”tic singer to make a comeback here, I’ono… I think it’s a lil’ boring/dry fa me; no special vibes outta this one… Guess that’s those “West Coast Tears”? L My Current Rating: 2.1


10. Robbie Doherty & Keees. “Pour The Milk (Joel Corry Remix)”
Label: Three Six Zero
I hope this a good one, whateva it may be… >>> Anotha tricky title…! Got me wit tha DNA & Suzanne Vega track, now here… Tha “milk” threw me off, as it’s tha taste of “coffee,” here; ouch… Actually, lol, later on, tha “milk” comes in but to be tha actual title? No, lol…! Again, just like tha Matoma track, this has a good lil’ 2nd ½ of tha drop but that’s about it. My Rating: 1.5


11. KANDY feat. Siera “Upside Down”
Label: Thrive
MCD fa tha win! Glad ta see this, here! Look how quick it iz! Also, likin’ how it sounds almost like his 1st single that blew up, “Keeping Secrets” (mainly, tha chorus part)! Too bad this KANDY release decides to hide tha vocalist. Luckily, I know who it iz! This a better—tha best one he’s released, in my opinion… Just feelin’ tha verses a lot, especially tha pre-choruses! My Current Rating: 4.7


½time: Seems like a really great release till tha remakes took over, smh… Rockin’ back & forth with tha scores, here, this release iz currently at a 3.5 for tha review rating! Only decent, tho I’m lovin’ tha tracks…!


12. SZA & Justin Timberlake “The Other Side (Oliver Heldens Remix)”
Label: RCA
I’ono…, no comment. >>> Not really for me, mainly with tha vocals/it bein’ a pop song, remixed… My Rating: 2.2


13. HOSH & 1979 feat. Jalja “Midnight (The Hanging Tree)”
Label: Three Six Zero
Why this route? How can this be remade, already? Not even six years old, yet…! God, don’t make me think bein’ 26 was old, already! I still feel like a kid, at heart, always! >>> Not a bad dry sound in tha background, at times… I think this gon be pointless (literally), for me. I’m not gonna skip it, tho, just ta see how it rides out… Yeah, overall, nothin’ to impress me; no more covers/remakes, unless they, like, 140+ BPM!! My Rating: 1.0


14. Kygo feat. Sasha Sloan “I’ll Wait”
Label: RCA
Let’s hear tha next chapter fa Kygo, here… >>> Likin’ this choice of slow/growin’ beats with a laidback chick, here… Sounds like a nice lil’ drop; feelin’ Kygo’s upbeatness, here… Ain’t nothin’ much ta say about a good lil’ dance track that doesn’t need much feedback… My Rating: 4.2


15. Kelly Clarkson “I Dare You (Gozzi Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: Atlantic
Not gonna write a preview; don’t know where my mind be at… >>> Sounds like an okay start & then, builds into a better-soundin’ guilty pleasure, durin’ tha chorus? I guess, if this iz how tha world should enjoy Kelly, it should be on a Gozzi remix…! Think I woulda liked it more if I was younger. I ain’t sayin’ I’m old, now, tho… I’ono, more on tha okay tip fa me… My Rating: 3.7


16. Shirry D & Terri B! “Say You Want Me”
Label: Carrillo
Hope it’s good/original, I guess? >>> Sounds like a good lil’ new track, for tha verse & what’s goin’ on, here… Sounded like a nice climax that lead into a dry-soundin’ drop? Ehh, not bad, at least; just a decent track, here… Terri not really on top of my female vocalists lists, tho this ain’t bad, overall… My Rating: 3.6


17. Sam Feldt feat. Ella Henderson “Hold Me Close”
Label: Heartfeldt/Spinnin’/Warner
Sam’s been better, these dayz…; hope they make a dope collab! >>> Sounds okay; a regular-soundin’ dance track, here… Likin’ Ella on these tracks; forgot she was a pop singer in 2014/2015 with that damn “Ghost” that played out, while I was always around my 1st full-timer! She’s come a long way, thanx to these dance tracks… Either way, sounds good, regardless; just liked her other collabs better… My Rating: 3.8


18. Oliver Heldens feat. Boy Matthews “Details”
Label: Kangarooli Tracks/RCA
Thought he sounded best on his “Fire In My Soul”; most of Heldens’ shit’s always dry… I heard a sample of this, too & I think tha same (my “dry” opinion)… >>> Yeah, this anotha boring male-vocal track; I don’t wanna be bored… Dry vibes/beats just bring a bore outta me… My Rating: 1.4


19. Vicetone feat. BullySongs “I Feel Human”
Label: Monstercat
I’ono about tha vocalist, at times, tho I have faith in Vicetone, as always…! >>> An okay vocal start; vocals sound a lil’ too strong, durin’ tha chorus? Either way, compared ta most of tha unknown vibes this release has brought, so far, this bypasses that! Likin’ tha Vicetone power-soundin’ beats, durin’ tha chorus, as well as (sometimes) tha strength of tha vocals… My Rating: 4.1


20. Jay Robinson & Idris Elba “Know Yourself”
Label: mau5trap
Hopin’ I get a good/new vibe outta this one… >>> Sounds like an unexpected house vibe; decent, so far… Kinda likin’ this dry vibe better than some of tha other dry vibes on this release; sounds a touch better… I’ono how well it’ll do with me but it’s just a nice lil’ filler, here… My Rating: 3.5


21. OTR & Au/Ra “Broken”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Happy to see anotha Au/Ra collab! Not sure how it’ll exactly sound with this OTRness but here goes nothin’…! >>> Sounds like a good, slow, not-dry vibe with tha greatness of Au/Ra on this…! Lovin’ tha chorus; definitely feelin’ her on this!! Finally, after a lotta waitin’, here comes somethin’ excitin’! Definitely likin’ tha drop for a slow track, too; pure greatness! There may’ve been a bunch of low-rated songs on here but at least there’s this greatness ta help out! It’s worth it…! Really liked KANDY’s song on here, tho I felt like a new, 1st-time-hearin’ track should be on top! My Rating: 4.8


22. Alex Newell “Mama Told Me”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Know of Alex from tha “Rescue Me” remakeness from last year. Now, I have a feelin’ we gon end this off on a remakin’ tip? >>> Not 100% sure but I sense somethin’ not really for “me,” here? Not really diggin’ that slow start & even tho we love our “mama,” I’ono, it’s kinda like gospel music ta me, here… It’s like, it belongs more in that category? Tha things I’m always used to, I don’t expect ta hear in music or somethin’? I always tend ta go for tha opposite of me? That’s what I always was like, while growin’ up… I’ono, tha vocals/vocal strength gives me a cringe… My Rating: 1.3


Overall: I’m not tryna be a hater, here… I’ono, I thought I enjoyed myself. It’s just, tha lower-rated tracks weighed in a lot! Too many covers/remakes, but mainly, a lotta dry/vocal vibes that weren’t for me… Does this mean an unlucky June fa me? I’ono, though I’ve been more confident than this…


Rankings:

22. HOSH & 1979 feat. Jalja “Midnight (The Hanging Tree)” 1.0
21. Alex Newell “Mama Told Me” 1.3
20. Oliver Heldens feat. Boy Matthews “Details” 1.4
19. Robbie Doherty & Keees. “Pour The Milk (Joel Corry Remix)” 1.5
18. Matoma & Brando “The Bender” 1.6
17. Party Pupils feat. Gary Go “West Coast Tears” 2.1
16. SZA & Justin Timberlake “The Other Side (Oliver Heldens Remix)” 2.2
15. Demi Lovato “I Love Me (Zac Samuel Remix)” 3.2
14. Jay Robinson & Idris Elba “Know Yourself” 3.5
13. Shirry D & Terri B! “Say You Want Me” 3.6
12. Kelly Clarkson “I Dare You (Gozzi Remix – Radio Edit)” 3.7
11. Sam Feldt feat. Ella Henderson “Hold Me Close” 3.8
10. Brooks feat. Gia Koka “Say A Little Prayer” 3.9
09. Vicetone feat. BullySongs “I Feel Human” 4.1
08. Kygo feat. Sasha Sloan “I’ll Wait” 4.2
07. Steve Aoki & Icona Pop “I Love My Friends” 4.3
06. Tiësto & Becky Hill “Nothing Really Matters” 4.3
05. Michael Calfan & Martin Solveig “No Lie” 4.3
04. Sonny Fodera & King Henry feat. AlunaGeorge “Before U” 4.3
03. Love Regenerator, Calvin Harris & Eli Brown “Moving” 4.4 (lmao!)
02. KANDY feat. Siera “Upside Down” 4.7
01. OTR & Au/Ra “Broken” 4.8


Average Rating Review:

Total Score:                      72.2
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   3.3