FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, July 10, 2020

Review #1,940: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2020

Reviewed on 7.10.2020 (Review #1,940)


Here comes anotha round of Promo Only & Dance Radio! My Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2020 review iz here & it’s lookin’ like a good tracklist! I may know a good portion of tha songs from tha POOL player (I get a taste outta tha non-Dance Radio tracks tha last day of each month), so it’s lookin’ like this edition’ll qualify for a good run; we’ll officially see now! Start Time: 8:57 PM | End Time: 11:40 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2020 Review (Review #1,940) reviewed on 7.10.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Alesso feat. Liam Payne “Midnight (Rompasso Remix)”
Label: 10:22pm/Astralwerks/Capitol
Let’s see how this dry/non-dancey original can be spiced up…! >>> Pretty good lil’ faster remix, here… Beats are kinda dry but at least they’re not slow-slow, like tha original. I think this iz an okay collab, for tha two of them. Does Alesso wanna keep pushin’ this pop approach, at times? Like, too versatile? Should just stay in tha “One Last Time”/tha past timez? Decent remix, overall; energy never dies…! My Rating: 3.9


02. Matt Nash “Lose It All”
Label: STMPD
Lookin’ like this one wants to get a noticeable push? Caught it on in my mom’s new car, via BPM & it sounded good ta hear, in some wayz. Now, it’s here fa a review… >>> Definitely feelin’ tha vibe in tha beats; sounds like a dope duet, at times? Just feelin’ tha growin’ energy & strong chorus a lot!! Tha drop cool; that was what caught me tha most, on its 1st taste. Instead, it blends in real nice with tha anticipatin’ verses! Sounds like it’s tha right kinda energy fa tha questionable future! Luv when tha energy’s on tha right track, no matter if you have to “Lose It All”! My Rating: 4.7


03. Joel Corry feat. MNEK “Head & Heart”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Anotha one ready for a bigger push. Sounded good/okay, based off its new Music Choice Dance add… >>> An okay male-vocal track; sounds best on tha drop, here, with tha supplyin’ vocalizin’ melody. Good lil’ beats goin’ on, here & tha decent vocals turn into somethin’ more catchier than a first thought, due to all that catchy, doubled-up melody, on tha chorus! A great way to make a deep house-soundin’ vibe into somethin’ to really appreciate…! My Rating: 4.4


04. Sonny Fodera & Dom Dolla “Moving Blind”
Label: Three Six Zero
One of my POOL-heard ones on an early tip…; luv Dom Dolla gettin’ anotha round of exposure, here! Luvin’ tha super-catchy, super-repetitive vibes of tha “keep shakin’ it,” in tha background, throughout 90% of tha track! Great combo; big upz to Dolla! It’s like you’re trapped in tha forced, good vibe! My Current Rating: 4.7


05. Ava Max “Kings & Queens (MOTi Radio Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
Looks like tha mix they wanna push; was figurin’ MOTi would be easily qualified? Kinda skimmed through ‘em & thought Danny Verde & Phil Romano had tha best vibe, at first? We’ll see; tha drop, here’s pretty hypnotizin’ & dope! As far as tha song, I’m definitely feelin’ its anthemic vibes, between tha chorus, lyrics, energy & what it’s tryin’ to bring to tha mainstream table. Most definitely a great chance at havin’ better exposure with me! Great job, Ava & hypnotizin’-MOTi! My Rating: 4.6


06. Karen Harding x Digital Farm Animals “Undo My Heart”
Label: Ultra
Here’s anotha one that seems to be gettin’ a bigger push than usual…; good goin’, Karen! I think this a dope dance/deep-soundin’ collab, here; great job, y’all! Feelin’ it more as it gets out there more, I guess? Sometimes, tha drop part can be a lil’ repetitive but it all depends on which zone you’re in. Like, on a regular day, it can be ehh/okay but on a high, a lil’ more surroundin’ of feelin’ “piece by piece?” I think so… Either way, great lyrics, Karen spice & bangin’ beats, overall…! My Current Rating: 4.2


07. Britney Spears “Mood Ring (By Demand) (Pride Remix)”
Label: RCA
I dunno…; let’s see… >>> Sounds okay; really, that’s about it. It’s almost like a bonus track, like as if it was tha last track on tha edition… Drop, decent; chorus/lyrics/vocals, decent. Either way, sometimes, it seems like life iz good (in its own wayz) when Britney’s around… My Rating: 3.0


08. Kungs feat. JHart “Dopamine”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
[No preview, due to I literally tried to think of what it coulda been with just “Casablanca/Republic, 126 BPM & Main Version” as hints, lol, fa almost 20 minutes, as I just zoned out…!] >>> Didn’t get it but it’s cool that it’s a great collab, between Mr. “Untouchable” (Tritonal/Cash Cash collab) & Mr. “This Girl”! Feelin’ this male-vocal track tha most outta almost all of ‘em on here, behind Matt Nash! Great lil’ chorus, catchy lyrics & nice drop, here! Hope this one does good in tha dance world; let’s get it! Age 32, it’s on-n-poppin’—finna be huge soon!! My Rating: 4.4


09. R3HAB feat. A R I Z O N A “I Can Feel Alive”
Label: APG/Atlantic
Not 100% sure of tha vibe these two gon bring to tha table, here… >>> Sounds like a cool lil’ dance vibe, based off this collab…! Nice lil’ 1st verse & catchy lyrics! Neva thought I’d appreciate “cigarettes & a lil’ red wine” as much till this, lol! Not that those two things are in my life but this song takes tha cake fa that! Also, nice drop; great job, y’all! Luv hearin’ tha 2nd verse, too! Keep shmokin’, lol! My Rating: 4.5


10. Alyx Ander “Can’t You See”
Label: AFTR:HRS
Seems like I gon be real anticipated fa this one? I know it gon be in a much betta direction than that “Spotlight” swampiness, lol…! >>> Hyped up tha beginning so much & now, here we are!! Sounds like a great beginning & a familiar, unlisted vocalist, here? Definitely soundin’ good, like a powerhouse! Cool lil’ chorus & beat/drop; definitely somethin’ cool, here! Continues on ta keep its power & rides out in a decent way… Gonna tie it wit tha “cigarettes & red wine,” lol, tho that’ll beat this in tha tie-breaker…! My Rating: 4.5


½time: Ooh, we got a 4.3 for tha ½time rating! Nice, as we continue through these confusing timez…! Glad we got plenty of hype & excitement ta keep us goin’! Gotta find your gold!! “Leggold”—new word I just created, at 10:20 PM (almost tha Alesso time, lol), on July 10, 2020? Weird ‘cause tha “10” & tha “20” are in tha day/year & hour/minute! “Leggold” meaning “leggo” (to “gold”—I merged tha two words together, tho “leggo”’s already a merge from “let’s go,” lol)!


11. Vicetone feat. Jordan Powers & Bekah Novi “Animal”
Label: Monstercat
Glad ta hear that Vice keeps it goin’! Now, to start a 2nd ½ off? That seems priceless, especially wit tha collab goin’ on, here…!! >>> Sounds like a hot lil’ beat & Bekah chick, on tha voice…! Thought it was gon be more on tha less-liked vibe, with that electro sound (e.g., “Nevada”) but it’s a more-excitin’ drop, here! Definitely nice, here! Hot lyrics, especially when tha verse comes through! Definitely feelin’ ‘em & they remind me of how hot Jauz & KARRA’s new joint, “Wildlife”, sounds; all about tha “animal,” lol! Definitely great ta have a strong drop & hot vocals; it’s major—pressure! My Rating: 4.6


12. Robin Schulz & Wes “Alane”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
I don’t know…; I dunno which way my compass (mind) goin’ with tha anticipation… >>> A lil’ kid in tha beginning? A pitch? A deep-soundin’ dude? Sounds like a bunch of voices blended in a blender shake, lol… Drop’s pretty nice, too; that’s tha flava! Great, confusing, hidden quality, here! I’ono about tha Spanish-soundin’ bridge, tho. Since everythang that went down wit me last year (hittin’ da bottom), it’s like one day, they luv ya & tha next day, they completely turn they backs on ya! That’s why, my appreciation/anticipation went south with them… My Rating: 4.0


13. The Shapeshifters feat. Billy Porter “Finally Ready (7”)”
Label: Glitterbox
I think that, despite havin’ such a great main artist, that this might be what I think I heard a sample of…? >>> Yeah, it kinda iz, with a better twist, tho. More like a disco-house vibe than tha full-on disco vibe I thought I was gonna hear, here… Not that it’s fully not my kinda track ta enjoy to tha fullest, I have to say that it may get playlist luv with me. Basically, at least it has a qualifyin’ chance…! Vocals may be a male but tha way it blends into appreciatin’ it as a female or vice-versa sounds like it blends good, in a certain way. Go, Shape: UK! Either way, kinda a toss-up between how much I can enjoy this… My Rating: 3.1


14. Sia “Together (Lodato Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
Here we continue with… >>> I dunno, I think it falls in tha Britney category fa me, with tha no feedback. Not really my appreciation, here; appreciated her dance vibes more than pop bein’ dance-remixed! Difference; facts! Drop ain’t really that special; just a lil’ slower remixed vibe, here… My Rating: 2.5


15. Julian Jordan feat. Feldz “Nobody Knows”
Label: STMPD
Wanna anticipate it to tha fullest, tho he disappointed me wit his “To The Wire”ness, durin’ tha sober times of last year… >>> Sounds like it can be promisin’ from tha beginning, tho I was always used ta him deliverin’ powerful beats…? Ain’t expect a female, here; sounds like a good track, tho. Sounds like a good lil’ repetitive chorus & drop; I feel good about it. Great job to tha two of them, with a future-good track… My Rating: 4.3


16. The Oddictions x Britt Daley “Goodbye”
Label: That Girl Wendy/Oddicted To The Game
*That moment where I can guess tha next song based off only seein’ its length of characters in its label(s)!

Also, luv that tha 2nd label name iz a play-on spelling of an exclusive Kevin Gates track (as Dead Game Records/Bottomline Music Group), from ’06 (“Addicted To Da Game”), produced by my boy, Guss Make My Beats, who I’m expectin’ to link up with, soon! I feel that with all those positives, it’s like, “Goodbye” to any past tryna get on my current/valuable level! Gotta earn it! With that bein’ said, as far as this track, a nice lil’ POOL discovery & now, more of a push? I feel great about that, especially since Britt be good peoples, based off of followin’ me on Twitter…! Now, we in 2020 & her/The Oddz are back! I think it’s pretty catchy, especially its content warningness; a nice, regular-soundin’ production wit more excitement in it. Luv tha three different languages to say tha title, in tha chorus; definitely dope! Luv how Britt comes through wit it + her Oddicted Oddictions! Catchy lyrics from our girl, as well as tha bridge & its chess’d-out “checkmate;” nice…! Not sure how much this gon get out there in tha world… I have a feelin’ that I’ll be one of tha only ones that gon show it tha most luv, despite it only bein’ a regularly-played track fa me, so far. Either way, hope they continue to stay Oddicted To The Game, like their label!! My Rating: 4.4


17. Lodato “Perfect Crime”
Label: Source
Keepin’ it movin’; can’t believe it’s time ta move on from tha “Good” track, already…! Now, here we are with… >>> Sounds like a sexy female on tha track with a nice, slow dance vibe, here… Soundin’ like an Ellie Goulding, only a lil’ sexier fa my tastes? I like this vibe a lil’ betta than “Good”’s slow, disco-influenced vibe… Sounds like a strong lil’ drop, here; aimin’ fa perfection, huh, lol? Pretty nice track, overall; great goin’, Lodat—as I like to call him & sexy chick! My Rating: 4.1


18. Deniz Koyu “Next To You”
Label: Protocol
A slower side of Deniz, here…? I think he’ll go tha same good way as Lodat… >>> Sounds like a great beat start fa a slow dance track! Also, anotha hidden vocalist (a male) & what a surprise to sound betta than tha sexy female! I’m feelin’ this vibe a lot betta? Cool lil’ chorus & vibe in it; great job, y’all! Great job mixin’ tha electric guitar with tha dance beat! My Rating: 4.4


19. The Killers “Caution (Dave Audé Remix)”
Label: Island/Republic
Always neva had tha most anticipation fa these guys but I think it’ll be a lil’ different, now that it’s 2020 & Dave’s on tha mix—slow mix? >>> Actually, more like my old tastes? Feelin’ Dave’s nice beat & drop but not really tha vocals/pop & alternative vibe? Nothin’ really else fa me ta say, here… My Rating: 2.6


20. Elle Winter “Yeah, No. (Andrelli Remix)”
Label: Winter/The Orchard
A new one that got added ta Sirius XM, recently. Got a quick sample, tho nothin’ too excitin’? Lemme give it a full listen, here… >>> An okay slow dance vibe, here; just sounds like a pop/R&B song, remixed. An okay lil’ chorus with this confusing answer as tha title, lol. Tha drop’s pretty nice; sounds betta ta hear on tha 2nd verse, too… I can appreciate this one a touch betta, at least. We’ll see how much bigger it’ll get, in tha future… My Rating: 3.7


21. Krewella x Yellow Claw “Rewind”
Label: Mixed Kids
After tha overplayed “Greenlights”, compared to their underplayed “Good On You”, here comes this collab ta finish this edition off! Hope it’s exciting; looks like it’ll be doe-to-tha-pe, lol! >>> Sounds like a pretty dope beginning/chorus; nice way ta throw back to a throwback! As far as tha drop, it’s pretty strong; a lil’ on tha noisy tip? Definitely feelin’ tha lyrics & a way to try & create tha memories! Good shit, in a way; just not tha noisy drop. Now, tha final drop’s pretty nice; I like that bass-soundin’ vibe more than tha noisy shit…! My Rating: 3.6


Overall: Seems like a promising edition with promisin’ vibes ta keep good times comin’ along, as 2020 continues into its 2nd ½. I don’t really have much else ta say, except that I enjoyed this, once again; keep it up…! Big times are comin’! I just celebrated my 20th anniversary of doin’ my daily top 10 countdowns, on July 5th! Feels great to achieve such a milestone!!


Rankings:

21. Sia “Together (Lodato Remix)” 2.5
20. The Killers “Caution (Dave Audé Remix)” 2.6
19. Britney Spears “Mood Ring (By Demand) (Pride Remix)” 3.0
18. The Shapeshifters feat. Billy Porter “Finally Ready (7”)” 3.1
17. Krewella x Yellow Claw “Rewind” 3.6
16. Elle Winter “Yeah, No. (Andrelli Remix)” 3.7
15. Alesso feat. Liam Payne “Midnight (Rompasso Remix)” 3.9
14. Robin Schulz & Wes “Alane” 4.0
13. Lodato “Perfect Crime” 4.1
12. Karen Harding x Digital Farm Animals “Undo My Heart” 4.2
11. Julian Jordan feat. Feldz “Nobody Knows” 4.3
10. Joel Corry feat. MNEK “Head & Heart” 4.4
09. Deniz Koyu “Next To You” 4.4
08. The Oddictions x Britt Daley “Goodbye” 4.4
07. Kungs feat. JHart “Dopamine” 4.4
06. Alyx Ander “Can’t You See” 4.5
05. R3HAB feat. A R I Z O N A “I Can Feel Alive” 4.5
04. Ava Max “Kings & Queens (MOTi Radio Remix)” 4.6
03. Vicetone feat. Jordan Powers & Bekah Novi “Animal” 4.6
02. Matt Nash “Lose It All” 4.7
01. Sonny Fodera & Dom Dolla “Moving Blind” 4.7


Average Rating Review:

Total Score:                      84.2
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   4.0