FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Monday, September 14, 2020

Review #1,947: Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2020

Reviewed on 9.14.2020 (Review #1,947)


Doin’ a Promo Only review, while in Louisiana! Should be interesting…! My final day, durin’ a two-week break, here & it’s been a mission (music-wise)… I know I had to at least have a Promo Only review, durin’ tha trip, due to there’s not too many moments where I stay two weeks somewhere, other than my area… With that bein’ said, here goes my review fa Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2020! Start Time: 11:15 AM | End Time: 12:32 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2020 Review (Review #1,947) reviewed on 9.14.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Lucas & Steve feat. Alida “Another Life”
Label: Spinnin’
Love that we’re startin’ this edition off with this collab…! >>> Sounds like it gon be another exciting one, just like “In Your Eyes” & tha new Yves V one, from tha last edition…! Sounds like a great lil’ chorus & tha drop’s pretty nice; yes, definitely a nice lil’ new one ta start thangz off…! Hoping for a good October, which no matter how beautiful Octobers are, I seem ta fall apart, when it comes to my current life. With that bein’ said, nice job with tha vocals, Alida & tha beats are still cool, during tha verses. Of course, its peak iz tha chorus/drop parts, fa me! My Rating: 4.5


02. Martin Garrix x Ytram x Elderbrook “Fire”
Label: RCA
Looks like an okay collab? Let’s see what’s good wit Garrix, E-Brook & tha Ytram newbie, this time round… >>> Sounds like a catchy lil’ track wit tha combination of tha artists; nice flamin’ vibes from E-Brook, here. Really feelin’ tha energy durin’ tha 2nd ½ of tha chorus & then, tha interesting drop that don’t sound like no typical blah-blah…! Cool lil’ collab; let’s see how we heat up tha Octo, lol…! My Rating: 4.3


03. Sigala feat. James Arthur “Lasting Lover”
Label: Arista
Always dig Sigal’, though not Mr. Arth… >>> Cool lil’ Sigal’ start but yeah, still not crazy about tha Arth… Hearin’ tha chorus and it okay; cool music, once again, but shoulda been a different vocalist. Like, no luv for tha Sigala feat. Ella Henderson repeatin’ moment, just like tha J.Lo & Pitbulls, tha Steve Kroeger feat. Skye Hollands, you know? With that bein’ said, just an okay song, here; Mr. Arth makes this only a random song for me to enjoy… My Rating: 3.0


04. Steve Aoki & KREAM “L I E S”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Now, we have titles in tha style guide of not havin’ tha periods? >>> Hearin’ tha start and it sounds like it’s samplin’ Sunshine Anderson & her 19-year-old “Heard It All Before”, here… Kinda seemed a lil’ dry, especially wit tha lower-pitched vocals. However, I’m diggin’ tha KREAM beat combination; great job, y’all—mainly, tha KREAM team! Speakin’ of Ms. Sunshine, tha now-18-year-old “Easy” w/Groove Armada woulda been big, if it was released today, spin-wise. Now, this iz, like, its kid, lol…! My Rating: 4.1


05. Oliver Heldens feat. Kiko Bun “Break This Habit”
Label: Heldeep/Payback
How will this sound from tha dry “Details”? >>> Just a lil’ betta but not bad; props on tha better effort wit tha male vocalist & beats… As it progresses, it sounds like it’s worth it ta hear, so props on impressin’ me more… My Rating: 3.7


06. JES “Under The Midnight Sun”
Label: Magik
Always exciting ta see one of tha best dance artists continuin’; that’s how I roll! I have that saying in an upcoming song I got comin’ soon! For now, can’t wait ta hear this one…!! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ start & nice ta hear JES, of course… Sounds like a cool lil’ chorus, too. For an original version, this sounds cool for what it iz. That chorus could feel catchier, tha more I hear it…? Think it’s an option! Cool lyrics, too, with that “fire”—this edition’s all about tha “fire,” like “Fire”! My Rating: 4.3


07. Tritonal & Linney “Electric Kids”
Label: Enhanced
Previously heard for a second but now, here comes an official review/full listen from me…! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ beginning with these female vocals; anotha nice collab! Good lil’ chorus & feelin’ tha strong beats fa tha drop! Neva got ta add tha previous song wit Brookey-Brooke, from tha previous edition. Almost wasn’t sure what happened at 2:31 but I guess it’s a lil’ random breakdown interlude or somethin’… Nice lil’ addition; always gotta have an Easter egg, somewhere along tha line…! My Rating: 4.5


08. Alok & Vintage Culture feat. FAULHABER “Party On My Own”
Label: Spinnin’
What could this be…? >>> Anotha cool lil’ male-vocal track from Alok, here; nice triple collab! Cool lil’ sound, just like “On & On”, only more on a dance vibe… Also, if you combine Vintage Culture’s 1/20 effort of their “In The Dark”, I can see why these two blended together to make this… My Rating: 4.0


09. Felix Jaehn feat. Nea & Bryn Christopher “No Therapy”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Got out there on my outlets, already… An okay/good lil’ mainstream dance track, pretty-much… Drop cool; I’ll give it a thumbs-to-tha-up, somewhere along tha line. Glad ta hear anotha Bryn track, after only knowin’ him off tha Sigal’ & Bryn collab, courtesy of Dance Radio March 2016. Now, we got this; good lil’ vibe to “live it up!” My Rating: 3.9


10. Kito & ZHU feat. Jeremih “Follow”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Nice ta see anotha track from Kito, after tha successful-then-vanishing “Wild Girl”, courtesy of Dance Radio December 2019. Now, we got this; been seein’ it around. How interested should I be…? >>> Sounds like a cool collab; I’ll give tha three of them a big thumbs up, here… Likin’ this one a lil’ betta than tha Felix Jaehn triple threat… Jeremih comin’ through wit anotha triple-threat feature; feelin’ his pre-choruses & shit…! My Rating: 4.1


½time: Sounds like this edition’s off to a nice start; I feel what’s goin’ on, here…! Let’s hope it gets mo & mo exciting, courtesy of tha current 4.0 ½time rating…!


11. Chico Rose & Afrojack feat. Azteck “Speechless”
Label: Wall/Spinnin’
Oh boy, this… When tha critics come through wit their reviewz & bash its MEDUZA-soundin’ vibes, especially tha lil’ drop… Either way, to each iz catchy, I guess, lol? My Current Rating: 3.6


12. HALIENE “Walk Through Walls”
Label: Black Hole
This one should be exciting; can’t wait ta hear…! >>> A lil’ bit of a slow start but then, it picks up, including some catchiness…! Oh, a lil’ slow on tha drop; sounds like tha 132 BPM was cut in half. Oh, now that I watch my Louisiana producers produce, they produce in double-time. Basically, that’s how this came about? That’s how tha logic works, now that I see it… Kinda turnin’ into a sahara, when it comes to tha dry pace, durin’ most of tha track… I mean, cool, though a lil’ too slow for an obsessive liking. Either way, definitely nice with how she sings “through” tha “walls!” My Rating: 3.8


13. Deniz Koyu feat. Jess Bell “Without You”
Label: Protocol
This’ll prolly be a cool one; thought I mighta seen this somewhere? >>> Yeah, this sounds nice with these female vocals & this dance vibe…! Luv tha consistency Mr. Deniz iz bringin’ to tha 2020’s, after grippin’ his comeback on tha end of tha 2010’s with his “Enemy” banger…! Tha vibe & its good dance vibe makes tha future seem interesting, I guess, lol? I mean, tha title? I’ono… Either way, definitely anotha good one…! My Rating: 4.4


14. Lost Kings feat. DeathByRomy “Hurt”
Label: RCA
What do we have, here…? >>> Soundin’ like it’s real catchy (maybe?), in tha beginning, between tha vocals & beats! Usually, tha Kings have been kinda slow. However, this upbeat dance vibe with this Au/Ra-meets-Ava-soundin’ DeathByRomy sounds pretty dope. As far as tha chorus, it’s okay…? Maybe, I have to get used to it? Just felt like tha verses were much more catchier, which iz, like, tha opposite of L&S & Alida, lol… My Rating: 4.4


15. Steve Aoki & Frank Walker feat. AJ Mitchell “Imagine”
Label: Ultra
This one all over, as well; prolly just a regular-soundin’ dance track, even tho he’s makin’ an extra appearance on this edition. However, extra appearance, different labels; rare opportunity, lol… >>> Sounds like a good lil’ track wit these male vocals; just a regular-soundin’ track, basically. Tha drop sounds cool; this iz tha future, I guess, lol? My Rating: 3.8


16. Tyler Shaw “Remember (Madism Remix)”
Label: Sony Canada
Not too sure what to expect… >>> I see someone with a name like this & their sound reminds me of tha James Arthur voice; I’ono… Either way, tha beats are kinda cool… Seemed more exciting durin’ tha 1st verse, climax & chorus than tha drop… Either way, not too bad of a track, here… My Rating: 3.9


17. BTS “Dynamite (EDM Remix)”
Label: Big Hit/Columbia
Don’t know what I wanna think about these overrated boyz… >>> An okay song but if my full-time job just ended & there’s no access to listen to music while workin’ tha full-timer, then tha spins & luck of feelin’ tha songs that are out decrease? Seems like tha ethics, though this edition’s pretty nice, so I can’t lie about that… My Rating: 3.2


18. NEA “Some Say (Felix Jaehn Mix)”
Label: Milkshake/Columbia
Chick, lol…? >>> Yeah; she sounds like a cool lil’ new chick. Sounds like an okay mix from Felix, here; cool chickness, basically, lol… Iz it me or I can tell this sounds like a pop song, since it wants to sample “Blue” by Eiffel 65, lol…? Then again, because it’s currently hidden in this mix, I think that’s a good lil’ added vibe to tha track/mix. Nice lil’ bridge with tha vocals, too; oh, lol, trapped in tha blue! My Rating: 4.0


19. Anabel Englund “Picture Us”
Label: Ultra
Oh, nice to see her on another edition & generatin’ $ucce$$! >>> Quicker intro, this time round? Funny that less-than-2:40 has an easy chance to be shortened below 2:20, this time round, lol… Either way, of course, luv Anabel; a lil’ slow & dry for me to love-love but it’s still cool, of course. Lol, so short that it ended so fast…! My Current Rating: 4.2


20. Wafia “Good Things (R3HAB Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
Hoping for “Good Things,” right? >>> Sounds like a cool lil’ dance-meets-soul vibe, here… Likin’ when tha beats kick in with tha vocals; sounds “good,” here… Tha drop & chorus sound “good;” all about tha “good!” Cool lil’ track/remix, here; keep ‘em comin’, Waf! My Rating: 4.3


21. Illenium feat. Annika Wells “Nightlight”
Label: 12Tone
Ending with a traptastic Illenium? >>> Uncredited vocals; why do I feel like I have a guess, from what I remember? *Checks* Yup, wow, instantly correct with tha Annika Wells guess! Tha hidden vocalist from tha 2/20 edition, thanx to Midnight Kids & their “Run It”! With that bein’ said, this sounds cool with tha vocals & how tha beats build up, throughout tha verses & chorus. Tha drop cool; I digz it, for an Illenium one. Really likin’ how tha 2nd drop has more of a heavy rock guitar sound; definitely nice for a pre-drop feel, for a 2nd round…! My Rating: 4.2

Overall: Seemed like this was a nice edition. Definitely felt what was brought to tha October 2020 tables, here; definitely nice! Gonna keep tha faith & hopefully, listening to music while working will return! Gots to have some sorta better frequency of listening to nothin’ but tha best…!


Rankings:

21. Sigala feat. James Arthur “Lasting Lover” 3.0
20. BTS “Dynamite (EDM Remix)” 3.2
19. Chico Rose & Afrojack feat. Azteck “Speechless” 3.6
18. Oliver Heldens feat. Kiko Bun “Break This Habit” 3.7
17. Steve Aoki & Frank Walker feat. AJ Mitchell “Imagine” 3.8
16. HALIENE “Walk Through Walls” 3.8
15. Tyler Shaw “Remember (Madism Remix)” 3.9
14. Felix Jaehn feat. Nea & Bryn Christopher “No Therapy” 3.9
13. NEA “Some Say (Felix Jaehn Mix)” 4.0
12. Alok & Vintage Culture feat. FAULHABER “Party On My Own” 4.0
11. Kito & ZHU feat. Jeremih “Follow” 4.1
10. Steve Aoki & KREAM “L I E S” 4.1
09. Illenium feat. Annika Wells “Nightlight” 4.2
08. Anabel Englund “Picture Us” 4.2
07. JES “Under The Midnight Sun” 4.3
06. Wafia “Good Things (R3HAB Remix)” 4.3
05. Martin Garrix x Ytram x Elderbrook “Fire” 4.3
04. Lost Kings feat. DeathByRomy “Hurt” 4.4
03. Deniz Koyu feat. Jess Bell “Without You” 4.4
02. Tritonal & Linney “Electric Kids” 4.5
01. Lucas & Steve feat. Alida “Another Life” 4.5


Average Rating Review:

Total Score:                      84.2
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   4.0