FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Review #1,948: Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2020

Reviewed on 10.10.2020 & 10.11.2020 (Review #1,948)
 
 
I finna do my 1,948th review, eva: Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2020! Im really lookin forward ta this! So, stay tuned, as I get my 1,948th review! Start Time: 10.10.2020 @ 2:59 PM | End Time: 10.11.2020 @ 3:08 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2020 Review (Review #1,948) reviewed on 10.10.2020 & 10.11.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Tiësto feat. YAMI “The Business”
Label: Atlantic
I’m in this dead cornfield, ya heard me & I’m hoping to get to “The Business”, throughout this review. So, let’s see if we start off great with this 120’d Ësto… >>> Oh, shit, do we have a secret, here? Could be either a similar-soundin’ voice, if you think of, like, “da-da…” MEDUZA? Them Goodboys? Iz this “The Business” we’re goin’ with? To me, I mean, it’s cool; it kinda, just, a lil’ dry… Tiësto, you’re not usually this dry & then, it just picked up a lil’ but it’s a lil’ dry. Just gotta make yo way, every year, no matter what tyme, for tha Ësto! You can’t “lose” him. Are we hittin’ tha blunt [I thought “with tha bullshit” was “hit tha blunt,” lol]?? Cool lil’ startin’ track but remember, this iz only tha beginning. We got plenty more ta go—20 mo! My Rating: 3.8
 
 
02. Joe Killington feat. Lovely Laura “Painkiller”
Label: NHMM
I know Music Choice Dance had got this, so guess here we are, now. >>> Sounds like an okay, decent dance track. Sounds like a pretty-good, nice, upbeat drop, ya know? As tha song continues on, it seems like a deeped-up Laura, as far as tha voice goes: Deeped-up. Like deep-house got deeper; deeper voice, ya heard me? I mean, like, if Klingande had, like, a Joe Killington, that would be, like, tha cousin, ya heard me? Or, even a sibling? It’s that close, with tha sound. My Rating: 3.7
 
 
03. Bingo Players & Disco Fries feat. Viiq “Forever Love”
Label: Hysteria/Spinnin’
Could be an okay song, I guess? Let’s see if tha more people in tha song, tha better… >>> It sounds like those times, like with “Cry (Just A Little)”, only like, to me, it would be statistically better. I didn’t expect it to be female, so it’s more of a plus. At tha same tyme ta me, it just sounds decent with its vocal style, I guess, soundin’ like a pitch, ya know? Just regular-kinda beats, with tha both of them on tha track, ya know? Not too much ta highlight, here… All about tha “drug” for tha content; I was thinkin’, like, it was, like, some rappin’ track they was gon put out, instead of a house track, lol. My Rating: 3.6
 
 
04. Marshmello & Demi Lovato “OK Not To Be OK (Duke & Jones Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: Island/Republic
Ain’t get ta hear this mix, yet; we shall see… >>> It sounds like it’s betta than tha original, right here. So, it’s “OK […] to be” betta than tha orig.! Yeah, a lil’ better with tha way that it sounds, sped up. “It’s OK not to be OK;” that’s what you gotta tell yourself. “…High on emotion & you lose all your focus”—I’m not losin’ tha “focus,” as far as goals. So yeah, great job from tha Duke & tha Jones, with tha Marsh-to-tha-mell-to-tha-o & tha Demi Lovat-to-tha-o. My Rating: 4.0
 
 
05. Miley Cyrus “Midnight Sky (Jonas Blue Remix)”
Label: RCA
I already know it, courtesy of, I guess, curiosity of it gettin’ out there? Now, it’s here! I have ta say, I can’t believe tha “years went by,” Miley! Seven years since tha sluttiness & just lovin’ tha highs! You know what? Her highs above, in tha “Midnight Sky,” I would say, it’s all about bein’ up in tha clouds; good job, Miley. I just feel like she’s just, like, always tha slut that you gotta appreciate but as tha, like, tha sluttiness. I can’t take her, like, “Oh, Miley, OMG, you’re moving these adults!” Well, you’re moving my 32-year-old-ass, so I guess, good job, Miley & Jonas-to-tha-sky color, lol. Sounds like a great good lil’ drop but I’m just feelin’ how Jonas decided ta go from, like, tha slow “Naked” ta this. So, great job, Jonas & Miley fa this collab; maybe, anotha one in tha future? You neva know! She says she doesn’t like tha “blurry eyes?” Yes, you do!! You luv tha high eyes, Miley! You luv those red-colored eyez! My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
06. GATTÜSO & Disco Killerz “I’ll Be The One”
Label: Enhanced
As Amber Van Day iz just really bracin’ their “Cruel” vibes, durin’ these “cruel” tymes, got that goin’ on MCD. So now, we got this one goin’ on… >>> Seems like an okay male-vocal track, here. Gotta enjoy tha music somehow, if it’s goin’ ta lead ta memories like this… Seems like an okay chorus, ya know? I’ono, I want, like, a huge drop or somethin’. We need, like, somethin’ ta, like, flip tha head! Sounds like somethin’ finna drop: tha drop! Yeah, I give it a plus; great job, great effort, between tha TÜS & tha Dis! We’ll see if it grows a lil’ better? It’s prolly gonna need—I mean, this a great moment but it’s gonna need some active moments, ya heard me? So, I give y’all a plus fa tha effort, y’all. My Rating: 4.0
 
 
07. Lucky Rose & Jason Walker “HELP”
Label: Ultra
I didn’t need no “HELP;” I made it here [at tha Worlds End State Park] by myself! I didn’t eat anything; that’s what a hero ‘pose ta do! You ‘pose ta have that energy, ya heard me? So now, I finna keep dat energy goin’ wit #07! >>> I dunno, I think it’s gonna be, like, a decent track… It’s anotha one of those male-vocal tracks so it’s kinda, like, it goes with tha one I just heard from: GATTÜS & Dis. An okay chorus, okay vocals, but with this one, tha drop, I feel like it’s just, it keeps tryin’ ta build up fa a climax & it just, here’s tha 2nd verse… Maybe, we should scream, “HELP,” for it because its rating’s gonna be decent? My Rating: 2.7
 
 
08. Afrojack & DLMT feat. Brandyn Burnette “Wish You Were Here”
Label: Wall
This looks like a great collab but with anotha male-vocal one, gotta see it happen. >>> See, like, I fucks wit Brandyn; I give him tha props, as far as just how he comes through on tha track. It’s a good lil’ message about, ya know, havin’ ta be “here.” I’m feelin’ tha lil’ climax on tha chorus, so shout out ta tha Jack & tha D. As far as tha drop, I guess it’s str8, ya know? I mean, I seem ta like tha verses—how tha verses are goin’ more on this track than tha past couple male-vocals that just came through. Still soundin’ good, Brandyn; tha 2nd verse, ya know? Keepin’ it goin’… It just sounds like a better song with tha verses & a lil’ bit of tha chorus than relyin’ on tha drop. I’m glad I “got it on my own,” Brandyn! This iz what success feels like! My Rating: 3.7
 
 
09. Markus Schulz, London Thor & Valentino Alessandrini “Feel Alive”
Label: Coldharbour/Black Hole
Tha appreciated vocal start, here ‘cause you know how Markus like ta do it! He just has great ears fa tha female vocalists, especially when he makes vocal trance, at tymes! It sounds like a good lil’ production part, ya know, where it has, like, tha violin ta start off tha climax & tha chorus beat; you gots to “Feel Alive”! Pretty-cool lil’ drop, you know? We’re at 128 BPM right now, ya heard me? Just “feel” tha good energy with “Feel Alive”! Hearin’ tha 2nd chorus part, it sounds like how Jason Ross would help out tha Lions—Seven Lions, that iz, with this dubsteppy-kinda, lil’ part/drop, where tha beats are reduced in ½. Tha rest of it cool; we’ll see how it does, though, in tha dance world. Can it get tha boosted spins, spins, or any kinda luv? My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
10. Mobile Legends: Bang Bang x Shanguy “Bang Bang”
Label: Robbins
Oh, baby! Can’t wait ta hear anotha Shanguy track, this tyme in a collaboration? This gon be tha sickest; it prolly gon be my top-rated on here! >>> Sounds like a cool lil’ track, ya know? It’s great ta have Shanguy! Yup, “talent iz tha match;” “break tha limits!” I definitely am feelin’ this! It just has a great vibe to it & I hope they keep gettin’ out there! “À Paris, à Paname;” I’m “Back To Life”, baby! Just keep aimin’ “for tha stars!” Sounds like a cool lil’ track, ya know what I mean? “Bang Bang”—tha “Bang Bang!” Tha “Bang Bang!” Yea, it definitely sounds like it got a lot betta afta tha chorus, ya know? Great lil’ drop part & always representin’ them other countries, ya heard me? All countries matter! Whoo! “One shot, one kill?” Oh boy, tha hunt begins! Yeah, “we’re runnin’ outta tyme;” look at it gettin’ darker out! “Bang Bang! Bang Bang!”—whoo, bangin’ ova here! Like, 20 years ago, two decades ago, where Ricky Martin was like, “She bangs, bangs!” Now, here we are, 20 years later, I’m still doin’ Top 10 countdowns, ya know? Great job & we’ll see if it tops…! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
½time: [I unexpectedly paused for tha night, here, due to I thought I lost my lens cap & it got darker out. I wound up finding my lens cap in tha back seat of my car, at least…!] I have ta say, this edition, not too bad. I mean, Demi Lovato says it best: “OK,” I guess, with Melo, I know. Most of tha tracks seem to be just OK, which iz, like, one or two highlights, here & there. I feel like we can do better but will we be able ta do better? We’ll have ta find out. Fa now, we’re at an average ½time rating of a 3.9. So, that’s still pretty OK, I guess? So, stay tuned ta see where we end up fa tha 2nd ½ of Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2020!
 
 
11. Purple Disco Machine feat. Sophie & The Giants “Hypnotized (Club Dub Mix Edit)”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Never was really too big wit tha Purpa Dis but we shall see how they gonna do wit these Sophie Giants… >>> I mean, I guess it’s cool for a club dub-kinda mix edit? As far as excitement, it’s just gonna be OK, once again. I mean, it’s cool; it’s cool ta be “Hypnotized”, ya know? Especially “by tha lights,” ya know what I’m sayin’? Kinda like tha DJs are, it’s kinda got that disconess, which iz ehh… Kinda likin’ that chorus part, as short as it was, all dubbed out… I just like really just when that chorus has that lil’ build-up toward tha end of it; I mean, it’s a lil’ somethin’… I’ll be a lil’ generous wit this one, compared to some of tha decent ones… My Rating: 3.8
 
 
12. Alyx Ander & Mýa “Without You”
Label: SPRS
I have ta say, Happy Birthday (yesterday), Mýa! Now, we are here. As far as Alyx, he usually comes with some pretty-great beats, at tymes. I think this one iz like, tha most calmest, blahest, especially ta have Mýa on tha track. Think: She was tha 1st eva artist ta top one of my year-end countdowns & I will be on my 21st year-end countdown, comin’ soon! I mean, it might still need some growin’. They wanna try & push this track; it’s just, you gotta work on them beats, a lil’, Alyx! I have ta admit, a lot betta than tha “Spot[-to-tha-]light”! At least this iz original! This iz Mýa at her remediest…; like I said, it needs a lil’ growth, still. My Current Rating: 3.7
 
 
13. Tate McRae “you broke me first (Luca Schreiner Remix)”
Label: RCA
Know this one, too, thanx ta Diplo’s Revolution. They are tha ones that “broke” this one “first.” It sounds like a pop song, remixed, but I caught on to it pretty nicely. We’ll see if it does bigger numbers, after this. She sounds like a lil’ youngin, on tha vocals that she’s deliverin’, here. It seems like she gives off a lil’ bit of a sad vibe, too, but it seems a lil’ better when you hear Luca Schreiner on tha remix; cool lil’ chorus & lil’ beats that go with it. Sounds like “shit don’t go your way?” I’ono, she must be sneakin’ in a clean word or some “shit?” Gotta hate people with nerves, ya heard me? Gotta calm tha nerves, ya heard? My Current Rating: 4.1
 
 
14. Galantis & NGHTMRE feat. Liam O’Donnell “Tu Tu Tu (That’s Why We)”
Label: Ultra
If I’m not mistaken, this gotta be one of tha shortest Promo Only tracks eva, on a Dance Radio review? Look at its length: 1:55! Are you ser—that’s so short, lol! It’s crazy when you break records! >>> It sounds—definitely a lot mo catchier than a lot of tha decent tracks on this edition, so far. Somethin’ about just lettin’ tha beat play; I gotta come up wit somethin’ like that fa my “autistic stoner rap,” where you just hear [tha beat play]. This one, you got tha “Tu Tu Tu” chorus goin’ on; it’s definitely catchy. To me, it follows up where “I’m Just Feelin’ (Du Du Du)” left off. “Du Du Du” with “Tu Tu Tu”? “Du Du Du-Da-Du” with “Tu Tu Tu-Da-Du!” Like, as if you’re tootin’ a horn; some may call it cheesy but I consider it somethin’ catchy. Good lil’ added beats toward tha end, too, so that’s a props. *Tongue noises* What a way ta end it wit your tongue goin’, “*Tongue noises*!” My Rating: 4.3
 
 
15. Clean Bandit & Mabel feat. 24kGoldn “Tick Tock (Joel Corry Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
I already got a lil’ familiar with it; I prolly expected a lil’ more from tha three of them on this “Tick Tock” remix… >>> It kinda just gives me, like, that Anne-Marie feel with Mabel. Like, she was tha “dancer,” last year; I mean, I guess it adds a lil’ spice to tha original version’s pace… It’s just, ta me, it’s Joel-to-tha-Cor; it’s cool but it’s crazy how “Head & Heart” has crossen over & ta me, his catchiest track but it’s, like, his most cross-overed one. I’ll give this a lil’ more props, ya know? Clean Bandit, they’re no strangers to #15; same thing with tha Anne-Marie. Now, I’m kinda likin’ that 24kGoldn on tha feature, here; I think his rappin’ definitely applies great with tha Joel-to-tha-Cor on tha re-to-tha-mix! I feel better with this one, actually; this one, I think’s got a lil’ bit of a growth. Now, we just need a lil’ more moments! My Current Rating: 4.2
 
 
16. Jason Derulo “Take You Dancing (R3HAB Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
[No preview, due to I wanted to see which remix was gon strike at me…] >>> As far as tha track goes, I would say, Jason iz still appearin’ in tha dance world with these remixes, so I guess there’s some value? I think Bruno Martini got a cool lil’ remix on this, with how he adds that Romania feel, I feel like. R3HAB, with Jason Derulo, it’s different; this one’s got, like, tha female “da-da-da-da-da”in’, compared to what Bruno Martini did. I just think, iz it gonna get more mainstream exposure? So, I had Bruno Martini’s mix; MCD has an Owen mix & now, we have R3HAB. Like, so much chances fa Mr. Derulo…! Yeah, so for tha most part with this remix, it’s cool/good but I feel like tha drop deserves tha plus-plus. It’s kinda silly when tha hit-mixers kinda toppin’ this review… My Rating: 4.5
 
 
17. Hermitude feat. Daniel Bedingfield “Spotlight”
Label: Nettwerk
Fa 2020, ironically, I’ono if it’s ‘cause it’s a quarantined thing that’s been goin’ on but there are a lot of people, even down ta last year, makin’ comebacks after over a decade! Now, we have, after 12 years—since tha October 2008 edition (Sharam & Daniel Bedingfield “The One”)! >>> See, now that they got Daniel Bedingfield ta come back, like, we need his sista, Natasha, ta come back! She hasn’t even been around with highs goin’ on?! Crazy; we need this! We need tha Tasha back inta tha game! ‘80s babies in our 30’s! It sounds like he’s got some more focus, now that it’s 12 years later. As far as tha music & all that, it’s okay; I just think there’s a lot of decentness… As far as that drop goes, I guess we’re just clubbin’ somehow in our quarantined areas… Sometimes, you may get that vibe, when hearin’ this? You just gotta dig up your vibes… Compared to tha shortness on some of tha tracks on this edition, this one iz longer—almost 4:00 long. I mean, fa this kinda song, it’s a lil’ long… My Rating: 3.2
 
 
18. Tyron Hapi, SUD & Sam Bruno “Lonely Heart”
Label: Robbins
With tha way that this review’s been decent, for tha most part, I hope we can have some luck with this bein’ a Robbins Entertainment-signed track. We shall see, as we bring tha newcomers to #18, here; don’t disappoint! >>> It sounds like tha beats are kinda gettin’ on that MEDUZA level but I’m diggin’ these female vocals, right now… I’m likin’ tha lil’ chorus with tha “ooh-ooh-ooh;” it’s a cool lil’ chorus but let’s see what tha drop iz! Don’t be no “dunn-dunn-dunn!” Ahh, I kinda was on tha right path with what I was thinkin’! Kinda starts off a lil’ on that dryness level but addin’ a lil’ bit slowly but surely… I mean, I guess that’s what most dance tracks, which I would say 124 BPM are like, these dayz? Kinda has this—I feel like I categorize them in tha same category; it’s str8, it’s str8… Feelin’ tha line with tha “patterns,” you know? Just “stuck” but I’m not hidin’ my feelings, anymore! “My Feelings!” See, I would give this tha props for tha chorus, ya heard me? I would also say that this makes a good fit for those 124 beats-per-deep-housed-minutes vibes, where I like ta call ‘em “dry?” My Rating: 4.3
 
 
19. Steve Kroeger “So Cold”
Label: Spinnin’
A solo track without Ms. Skye? Well, let’s see if he can do it with “So Cold”. How will it turn out? I’ono but I wish tha best of luck for Mr. Steve Kroeger! >>> When I hear him & Skye Holland, I always think of a vacation; they just have that… He filled his “cup;” he always fills that “cup!” I feel what he comin’ through with, here… I’m happy that we sped up a lil’, toward tha end of this edition… As far as tha drop, I mean, I dunno. I feel like it falls again with that 124 quality, with tha deeper/plain sounding. I’ono how much I can dig tha drop part but it seems like I like tha 1st verse & now, tha 2nd verse…; seems better, which iz strange, sometimes. Some tracks have that kinda dose in them—diagnosis, that iz… Yeah, I like fillin’ “tha cup” part tha best, it seems like… So, good job with tha chorus & then tha rest shall follow. Try a lil’ more adjustment on that drop, how I feel with me… My Rating: 4.1
 
 
20. ILLENIUM feat. Annika Wells “Nightlight (Michael Calfan Remix)”
Label: 12Tone
Seems like it needs, like, a lil’ bit of agility, ya heard me? >>> Fa only 118 BPM, it sounds pretty fast… I feel like this a cool lil’ fast remix—like, faster remix; I think they did a great job. Yeah, it sounds like a better chorus, ya know? Tha original did pretty-good, for my rating, having a 4.2, last month. Now, we have this remix, which, to me, sounds better. And then, like, tha cool Calfan beats on tha drop, so this iz acceptable. So, great job, Promo Only, fa gettin’ Mr. Calfan fa tha #20 slot, here, on tha remix of “Nightlight”! Keep it goin’, Annika & Mr. ILL-to-tha-ENI-to-tha-UM! My Rating: 4.3
 
 
21. Kygo x Donna Summer “Hot Stuff”
Label: RCA
Now, I know Kygo had been bringin’ back tha throwback singers from tha ‘80s & now, tha ‘70s: Ms. Donna. How will I feel about this? I think I might like this one tha best outta “Higher Love” & “What’s Love Got To Do With It”… >>> Okay, I’m feelin’ that he added, like, a lil’ bit goin’ on, here; givin’ it a lil’ more energy… Kinda like when Summer hit up Giorgio Morodor for “I Feel Love”… Tracks like these are like guilty pleasures but this was one of my songs, back then…; it iz what it iz, I guess? It’s just like it was resurrected from tha dead… I used to be, like, less than 10 years-old & just be like, singin’ this one like it was one of those anthem songs. Like, tha drop part izn’t too bad; it’s probably my favorite outta tha Whitney one & tha Tina Turner one, so I’ll give Kygo tha props fa feelin’ tha “Hot Stuff”… My Rating: 3.9
 
 
Overall: I have ta say, for a decent review, not too bad. I mean, as far as tha memorable Novembers, I’ont think this’ll be one. I know I’m tryna get my feet off tha ground, again, so we shall see. I enjoyed filmin’ & all tha adventures that went along wit this live review that I did; hope you guys appreciate it…!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. Lucky Rose & Jason Walker “HELP” 2.7
20. Hermitude feat. Daniel Bedingfield “Spotlight” 3.2
19. Bingo Players & Disco Fries feat. Viiq “Forever Love” 3.6
18. Alyx Ander & Mýa “Without You” 3.7
17. Joe Killington feat. Lovely Laura “Painkiller” 3.7
16. Afrojack & DLMT feat. Brandyn Burnette “Wish You Were Here” 3.7
15. Purple Disco Machine feat. Sophie & The Giants “Hypnotized (Club Dub Mix Edit)” 3.8
14. Tiësto feat. YAMI “The Business” 3.8
13. Kygo x Donna Summer “Hot Stuff” 3.9
12. Marshmello & Demi Lovato “OK Not To Be OK (Duke & Jones Remix – Radio Edit)” 4.0
11. GATTÜSO & Disco Killerz “I’ll Be The One” 4.0
10. Steve Kroeger “So Cold” 4.1
09. Tate McRae “you broke me first (Luca Schreiner Remix)” 4.1
08. Clean Bandit & Mabel feat. 24kGoldn “Tick Tock (Joel Corry Remix)” 4.2
07. Tyron Hapi, SUD & Sam Bruno “Lonely Heart” 4.3
06. Galantis & NGHTMRE feat. Liam O’Donnell “Tu Tu Tu (That’s Why We)” 4.3
05. ILLENIUM feat. Annika Wells “Nightlight (Michael Calfan Remix)” 4.3
04. Markus Schulz, London Thor & Valentino Alessandrini “Feel Alive” 4.3
03. Miley Cyrus “Midnight Sky (Jonas Blue Remix)” 4.4
02. Jason Derulo “Take You Dancing (R3HAB Remix)” 4.5
01. Mobile Legends: Bang Bang x Shanguy “Bang Bang” 4.7
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                      83.3
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   4.0