FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Review #1,950: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2020

Reviewed on 11.08.2020 (Review #1,950)
 
 
Still goin’ thru a mid-life crisis & haven’t been too much in a music mood, lately. No matter what I do/try, nothin’ seems to pop off… Either way, I’ll keep tha faith wit this review, as I’m only 50 reviewz away from my 2,000th review! Here goes my review fa Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2020! Let’s do dis…!! Start Time: 5:52 PM | End Time: 8:16 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2020 Review (Review #1,950) reviewed on 11.08.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. NOTD & Catello “Nobody”
Label: Island/Republic
I’ono how we gon start wit dis one, since I’ve already seen it out there; we’ll see how it goes… >>> A semi-good vibe, tho these deeper-soundin’ songs that sound like MEDUZA tracks kinda bore me… Vocals are ehh; kinda feels like another “The Business” or somethin’… Tha chorus sounds okay but tha drop has, like, barely any power to it; dry energy… My Rating: 3.3
 
 
02. Oliver Heldens & Party Pupils feat. MAX “Set Me Free”
Label: Heldeep
I’ono…; more dry vibes? Not really crazy ‘bout tha Pupils or MAX & they seem to always collab… >>> A decent chorus; this kinda has a dry vibe like tha previous track on here. However, Mr. Heldens adds a lil’ bit of a boost to it… Nothin’ much ta say ‘bout this one. It’s ahead of bein’ shitty but just about on a decent level, overall… However, I may like “Nobody” better, on tha 1st listen, so we’ll see if this has a growing power to it, later on… My Rating: 3.1
 
 
03. VASSY x Outgang x TwoWorldsApart “OXYGEN (Outgang x Vanitz Remix)”
Label: Robbins
Looks like a dope lineup, especially with VASSY & Robbins connectin’…; lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this one! Looks short but hopefully, this’ll be tha 1st big track fa me, on this edition…! >>> I’ono, yet; seems like anotha decent track? Cool to always hear VASS but it sounds decent, durin’ tha 1st minute (1st verse, chorus & drop). Anotha drop with a dry-soundin’ delivery, too; kinda expected more power… It kinda sounds cool as tha drop picks up but still a lil’ dry… Just like tha past two tracks on here, I’m gonna have to adjust ta this one, as well… My Rating: 3.6
 
 
04. Eric Prydz “NOPUS”
Label: Three Six Zero
More like tha hype, officially? >>> Seen this one get out there & it’s cool that an instrumental track—well, sounds like it—like this can get some deserved exposure… Have been lazy with tha adds, as of lately. It’s me not workin’ a full-time job & havin’ those past music vibes that I had, that’s been fuckin’ me up… Either way, definitely likin’ tha electronic-soundin’ vocals, in this. Reminds me of 15 years ago, when he remixed Duran Duran’s “Nice”, into an electronic feast, lol… For tha most part, tha song speaks for itself; glad this gettin’ tha hype it deserves on tha Sirius channels…! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
05. Sam Smith “Diamonds (Joel Corry Remix)”
Label: Capitol
Not really interested… >>> Been likin’ Joel but I don’t have no interest fa Sam & Joel’s dry-soundin’ beats, here…; shoulda been a dance artist, here! My Rating: 1.4
 
 
06. Imanbek x Afrojack feat. Gia Koka “Hey Baby”
Label: One Seven
After how GREAT “Someone Like You” sounded on its 1st listen, as well as it gettin’ out there, I hope Gia can keep up tha big dance-music anthems of today…! Hoping for a HUGE one but at tha same tyme, I have a feelin’ this’ll be a lil’ dry…? >>> Kinda sounds like it’ll be catchy, later on in tha song? Likin’ how Gia comin’ through wit tha lyrics & vibe, here, throughout tha 1st verse & chorus; I’ll give her tha props. Tha beats are dry, of course, with not much excitement goin’ on. However, with this combination of artists on a track, I feel like it’s worth more than tha other decent tracks on here… Tha breakdown sounds a lil’ cool, after tha 2nd chorus; I’ll give it anotha plus, in my book… My Rating: 4.0
 
 
07. Icona Pop & Sofi Tukker “Spa”
Label: Ultra
An interestin’ song I caught on Diplo’s Revolution, recently… Sounded a lil’ funny, so I’m gonna give it tha review/1st official full listen, here… >>> Cool beats & vibes from Icona Pop, in tha beginning, here… Funny that this iz focused on tha “steam of tha sona” & tha “Spa”; makes for a funny vibe, overall? Creepy-soundin’ vibes from Sofi’s male vocalist, even tho it fits wit this “steam,” lol. Likin’ when Sofi’s female vocalist comes through & repeats tha chorus. Overall, I’d say this a cool lil’ collab. Nothin’ like a special dance track but a cool one, at that, I’ll put it. My Rating: 3.9
 
 
08. Secondcity & Paul Woolford feat. Andrea Martin “All I Want”
Label: Three Six Zero
Been seein’ this one get out there, as well… Gave it some listens but neva really got to experience it, in full… >>> Not as dry as tha typical house tracks on here; just sounds like a good lil’ female powerhouse, at that. Whoever tha hidden singer iz, they deserve to get out there, publicly. We’ll see how everythang turns out, in tha long run? Overall, this cool for its house vibe; props to this collaboration, here… My Rating: 4.0
EDIT: S/O Andrea Martin!
 
 
09. Sigala feat. James Arthur “Lasting Lover (Tiësto Remix)”
Label: Last Nite/Arista
Not really interested in this re-enterin’… >>> Like, why & how did this vocalist infect tha dance world?? I have ta say, not recognizin’ tha MGMT “Time To Pretend” sample in tha beat on tha original version, it does sound pretty nice as a drop, here… Fa’real, tha only thing I like about this iz tha drop & tha only chance it’ll prolly get with me iz if I have a full-time job, with music playing; that’s it… My Rating: 3.4
 
 
10. Will Sparks & Luciana “5 Minutes”
Label: Robbins
Really likin’ tha collab & tha Robbins signin’, here… Prolly gon be way better than tha VASSY collab, surprisingly… >>> Sounds like it’ll be a cool track, as most Luciana tracks be… Once again, not really a feel-good dance track but a good lil’ cool dance track, instead… Feelin’ tha rhymes & tha dance beats ta go wit this one, tho I’ono if it’ll be big in tha dance world… Nothin’ much else ta say, except I feel cool wit Luciana bein’ back on tha scene, wit Willy…! My Rating: 4.2
 
 
½time: Seems like anotha decent release, so far… Surprised that tha previous edition had a better ½time than this one… This one’s only at a 3.6 for tha ½time rating; we’ll see how it goes, despite a good portion of my anticipated ones have passed, already… I hope one day, tha dance world can get outta this dry phase of dry beats & go back to some exciting—maybe, even faster beats…!
 
 
11. Zookëper feat. Alex Mills “Body Talk”
Label: Musical Freedom
Been a lil’ clueless as to what to exactly expect, throughout this edition. I feel tha same way with this one, tho I have a bit of a higher anticipation level for Mr. Këper… >>> Sounds like a cool, female R&B track, like from tha late ‘90s/early ‘00s, with tha vocals? I’m feelin’ like I can appreciate this vibe; I like how tha mysterious singer mentions havin’ “USB,” lol; good shit (“BSB”? Lol…)… Sounds like a nice lil’ chorus & drop; definitely somethin’ more interestin’ than what I’ve experienced on this edition, currently (with tha exception of Eric Prydz)…! My Rating: 4.4
EDIT: S/O Alex Mills!
 
 
12. Marshmello & Imanbek feat. Usher “Too Much”
Label: Joytime Collective/RCA/Effective
I dunno…; I don’t see this goin’ an effective way with me, anticipation-wise… >>> An okay track, tho it seems weird to hear Usher on actual dance tracks (non-remixed). It’s kinda cool that I think this sounds like one of tha better ones for his dance contributions… Sounds like a cool 1st verse, with how he handles tha two DJs’ combined vibes… Also, cool chorus? Nice job, Urshur…; catchy vibes, tho not 100% sure how they’ll do, in tha future… My Rating: 4.2
 
 
13. Kapera & EMME “In Too Deep”
Label: Enhanced
Expectin’ anotha good outcome…? *Crosses fingers…* >>> Literally thought it was “Lonely Heart”, from tha previous edition’s start (ahh, that deep sound!!)…! Either way, this sounds like a cool collab; diggin’ these female vocals & beats, durin’ tha 1st verse…! Also, cool lil’ chorus; drop sounds like it makes for an interestin’ track, overall? Cool—brownie points…! Tha rest of it progresses slowly but nicely, so props, once again…! Extra beats added before tha 2nd drop? At least it’s a bonus part & not a way to overshadow tha actual drop; good thinkin’…! My Rating: 4.5
 
 
14. tyDi “Fool For You”
Label: Black Hole
More expectations comin’ true…? I believe…? >>> Sounds like it could be a mainstream dance track? Cool chick on tha vocals, with a regular/good dance vibe, tha whole way round… Sounds like an interesting drop that has a lil’ bit of a dry sound. Likin’ tha variety of sounds Mr. ty contributed, here…! All tha other dry drops need to take “additional notes;” get it, lol?  Either way, in tha end, this a cool/good lil’ (soon-to-be-mainstream) dance track, with another hidden singer… My Rating: 4.1
 
 
15. John Summit & Fousheé “Deep End (SIDEPIECE Remix)”
Label: Three Six Zero
Silly-ass song, in my opinion, lol, courtesy of Diplo’s Rev…! Seen it a bunch of tymes but tha YouTube comments made me laugh with this mix, lol. It went sumthin’ like, “Nice mix but they need to let this song & number of remixes die, already.” Like, lol, but it’s cool with this plain-soundin’ SIDEPIECE, lol… Just tha way tha track rides with these female vocals preventin’ themselves from goin’ “off tha Deep End” sounds nice. Didn’t think it was gon make an appearance here but we’re here, now; nice lil’ addition, I’ll call it? It’s a world of a Dip—it’s a world of a SIDE…! “DipSIDE;” future name, lol? My Current Rating: 4.2
 
 
16. Landis with Amanda Collis “Same Mind”
Label: Enhanced
Could be a special collab…? I…hope…so…, lol. >>> Off to an interesting start; sounds like a good track? Thought it was gon have a special vibe but this has more of a cool slice to it… Sounds like a cool lil’ drop & decent lil’ dance vibe, overall… Hopefully, Music Choice Dance’ll pick this up, since they decided to go with my least-likin’ “Find Me”, tha previous Landis track that got out there? Hope they go for this; didn’t seem so short… Either way, nice lil’ energetic vibe…! My Rating: 4.3
 
 
17. Tungevaag & Rat City feat. Rich The Kid “Afterparty (Joe Stone Remix)”
Label: Spinnin’/Warner
Ooh, I forgot this was on here, fa a second…! Looks like an interestin’ collab & I have to admit, I’m lovin’ Rich The Kid on dance tracks; what a brilliant mind!! >>> Sounds like cool singin’ in tha beginning, here; definitely a nice male collab, here…! Deserves ta be somethin’ big? Definitely diggin’ this; “move like Cardi,” huh? Crazy that I would like a reference like that but this definitely takes tha cake…! Ooh, Rich sounds a lil’ dope & somewhat-silly wit how he come through wit it. Either way, definitely a nice addition & tha catchiness continues with tha singer, right after…! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
18. Lodato & Bright Sparks “Good Thing”
Label: Spinnin’
Glad Lodato be on his grind…! Hope he made a good, lil’ slow dance track, this time round… >>> Sounds like cool lyrics, especially tha “gettin’ high” part? Almost thought it seemed like a semi-cheesy, disco-pop track but it turned inta somethin’ even mo catchy, as it progresses! Nice lil’ chorus & drop, too; a call for good (future) vibes…? Cool lil’ collab, here, as tha Bright Sparks were “On [Their] Way”, in 2017 & now, here’s a good sequel…! My Rating: 4.3
 
 
19. Don Diablo & Imanbek feat. Trevor Daniel “Kill Me Better”
Label: Hexagon
A way ta celebrate Imanbek fa havin’ a record-settin’ three appearances on an edition? Definitely what’s up, tho don’t 100% know about this 160 on tha single-or-double BPM…? That’s just my anticipation, as well as this known Trevor on tha vocals… >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ fast vibe, in tha beginning…! Really wasn’t sure how I’d feel about tha negative-soundin’ lyrics, in tha beginning. However, tha surprise & luck iz with me? Definitely feelin’ this fast & unique vibe, here & no, not no trap, double-timed BPM…! I figured that out after workin’ wit my Baton Rouge producers, recently! But yeah, always tha single-timed fastness iz tha (organic) way ta go…! Anyway, despite tha negative start, it really made a turn-around…!! Like, it sounds like it can fit in a bunch of genres? Tha Emo Trap shit? Tha dance world? Mainstream world…? Also, what an excellent, (auto-)winning way of celebratin’ Imanbek’s triple appearance feat!! I’ll be definitely generous & give this a ***PERFECT RATING***, especially since it surpassed my expectations by a whole… (lot)! However, its bright future ahead means it gon need ta expect a bright future in order ta be successful wit me… Let’s keep our fingers crossed & believe in tha music…!! Hope I called it early!! My Rating: 5.0
 
 
20. BONNIE X CLYDE “Worst Enemy”
Label: Ultra
Followin’ up that huge song I just heard on here with our “Love Is Killing Me”-times’ follow-up! I seem to always have some sort of an interest to their tracks. It seems like their previous track really made them a lot bigger…? I hope they keep gettin’ tha success they deserve, despite them seemin’ like a lower-4.0 group… >>> Likin’ tha sexy, explicit vibes of them, here…! My highest-rated track from them was their track two years ago & now, they seem to have finally gotten bigger…? This sounds cool; like I said, I like tha sexy, explicit vibes, all tha way round… Sounds like a cool lil’ slow drop; definitely nice how they slowed tha vibe down a good way…! Hope this has a good amount of exposure, ya know? Like, always a BONNIE, always a CLYDE, success-wise. I define that as, if one side had to already be successful (BONNIE (“Love Is Killing Me”)), then this track deserves ta follow-up their success (CLYDE (“Worst Enemy”)); that’s how I look at it… So yeah, overall, nice vibe tha whole way round, overall…! My Rating: 4.6
 
 
21. JAD3D feat. Alley Parton “Find My Way”
Label: Careless
I’m hoping my anticipation’s with me, wit this one… It’s here fa a reason, so I will have my hopes up…, somehow… >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ female-vocal track, here; I feel like I gon dig it, all tha way round… Definitely feelin’ tha lyrics with tha “breakaway” power; definitely what’s up…! Well, tha drop may be my least-favorite part of all tha cool, anticipated vibes this track has brought, so far… Either way, like I said, I will give this track its props tha whole way round, regardless…! I feel like tha drop has its cool sounds & all that. It’s just, tha rest of tha song went above-and-beyond with its coolness, which tha drop didn’t have that 100+% power… Either way, definitely a dope track; I hope it gets out there for some good exposure…! I still think tha rest of tha track overshadows its drop part, so I will be pretty generous, here…! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
Overall: For my dry-soundin’, decent start that I heard, tha 2nd ½ picked up in a major way…?! That means, somethin’ real golden iz on tha way & I can’t wait ta figure out what it iz…!! I feel like there’s some psychic vibe for a bright-ass future fa 2021 comin’ fa me…? Props to every moment that let that vibe out, durin’ tha 2nd ½; definitely made a nice mark in tha review…!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. Sam Smith “Diamonds (Joel Corry Remix)” 1.4
20. Oliver Heldens & Party Pupils feat. MAX “Set Me Free” 3.1
19. NOTD & Catello “Nobody” 3.3
18. Sigala feat. James Arthur “Lasting Lover (Tiësto Remix)” 3.4
17. VASSY x Outgang x TwoWorldsApart “OXYGEN (Outgang x Vanitz Remix)” 3.6
16. Icona Pop & Sofi Tukker “Spa” 3.9
15. Secondcity & Paul Woolford feat. Andrea Martin “All I Want” 4.0
14. Imanbek x Afrojack feat. Gia Koka “Hey Baby” 4.0
13. tyDi “Fool For You” 4.1
12. Marshmello & Imanbek feat. Usher “Too Much” 4.2
11. Will Sparks & Luciana “5 Minutes” 4.2
10. John Summit & Fousheé “Deep End (SIDEPIECE Remix)” 4.2
09. Landis with Amanda Collis “Same Mind” 4.3
08. Lodato & Bright Sparks “Good Thing” 4.3
07. Zookëper feat. Alex Mills “Body Talk” 4.4
06. Kapera & EMME “In Too Deep” 4.5
05. BONNIE X CLYDE “Worst Enemy” 4.6
04. Eric Prydz “NOPUS” 4.7
03. Tungevaag & Rat City feat. Rich The Kid “Afterparty (Joe Stone Remix)” 4.7
02. JAD3D feat. Alley Parton “Find My Way” 4.7
01. Don Diablo & Imanbek feat. Trevor Daniel “Kill Me Better” 5.0
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                      84.6
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   4.0