FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Review #1,951: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2021

Reviewed on 12.15.2020 (Review #1,951)
 
 
Pretty hyped fa this upcomin’ review, right chea: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2021! Looks like we’re gonna have a good 2021, based off this review? Should be…! As far as me, life still ain’t movin’ anywhere, despite December’s nice review… I still gon think positive & just know that tha good gon come soon! I know they finally got tha vaccine fa tha virus out, so I’m hoping that it’s a start to recovery/tha economy… Fa now, here goes tha 1st PO review fa 2021! Also, trippy/good luck? Today’s my boy, Doe-Doe’s son’s 8th birthday. In honor of it, exactly four years ago today, I reviewed tha Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2017 edition, gettin’ a 4.5 overall rating. Now, I’m startin’ this review exactly 1:20 after I took some 4:20 PM tincture edibles, for a boost (“1:20” iz numerical ‘cause 1/20’s Doe-Doe’s birthday; applyin’ magic?)…! Start Time: 5:40 PM | End Time: 7:22 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2020 Review (Review #1,951) reviewed on 12.15.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Kaskade “Solid Ground”
Label: Monstercat
I dunno if it’s ‘cause Music Choice Dance just got this yesterday that I’m anticipatin’ it more than a usual Kaskade track? Was hearin’ tha beginning, without lookin’ at what it was. Then, I seen Kaskade’s pic & was like, “*Stops track* Save tha 1st listen for tha review!” Also, Kas releasin’ on Monstercat? Interestin’; let’s see if tha hype pay$ off…! >>> Feelin’ this hidden female, on tha vocals; likin’ tha lyrics about today’s bullshit world…! Likin’ when she repeats tha words, in tha chorus; definitely somethin’ powerful, so far…!! Definitely feelin’ tha drop; haven’t heard a strong Kaskade track like this in a long-long tyme (luck?)!! Definitely a nice, strong vibe, mixed with today’s struggle! I would think it’s a novelty thing but this song’s much stronger than just a novelty…! I’mma leave a small space for somethin’ else to have an opportunity ta beat this, if so; definitely huge, tho!! My Rating: 4.9
 
 
02. deadmau5 & Kiesza “Bridged By A Lightwave”
Label: mau5trap
Irony? From Kaskade to tha mau5, just like their collabz of some of my favorite tymes (2008 – 2010). Either way, tha Kaskade one a lot betta than this but I do like that this sounds like a (hidden?) boost from what’s considered tha ‘original version,’ out on dance outlets. I’m definitely likin’ this faster ‘version’ (not ‘mix,’ since both don’t have a mix) with tha added beats. Sounds like it has a trippy, strong vibe without beats, durin’ tha beginning of tha chorus. Then, it cruises down tha highway with tha strength of tha dance/house vibes…! Also, nice to hear Kiesza, again. I feel like, personally, since all this digital shit poppin’ off, I believe that anybody releasin’ music today shouldn’t have a problem keepin’ tha consistency up…! With that bein’ said, great review/special version, here, though not as special-special as Kaskade’s track…! My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
03. Chris Lake & Armand Van Helden feat. Arthur Baker & Victor Simonelli “The Answer”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
One track that seems to be pickin’ up, around tha dance world… Thought our current ‘world’ seemed too overrated fa this kinda throwback houseness? Glad it has an opportunity… Nice collab, catchy lil’ track/a way ta fight today’s bullshit world… Mainly, it’s a decent track fa me but still cool, includin’ tha drop switch… My Current Rating: 3.8
 
 
04. Hook N Sling & Taranteeno “Stuck In ‘93”
Label: Ultra
[No preview/instant playin’; what shall appear?] >>> Oh boy, lol; sounds like it’s really repetitive, whateva it iz… I’ono… *Checks ID* Heard tha title right b4 I checked it & remembered its name. However, forgot who was behind this, vs. tha beginning… Sounds like it’s a lot betta wit tha actual chorus, includin’ tha whole theme of “’93.” Like, this, like, a 50/50 fa me; not really fuckin’ wit tha “1, 2, clap your hands” shit, but tha other side of it’s pretty dope. Definitely great lil’ chorus, climaxes & drop! My Rating: 3.6
 
 
05. Robbie Mendez feat. Sofie Vellinga “Imagine”
Label: Spinnin’
Lovin’ that tha strong music’s comin’ through a lot, lately…! Anotha one that’s out there & I’m definitely feelin’ its strength…! Reminds me of nice lil’ early 2010’s throwback to them David Puentez’s tracks, climax-wise…! Also, dope hidden voice from Sofie Vellinga…! Once again, dope/superior superior drop!! My Current Rating: 4.8
 
 
06. Diplo & Sonny Fodera “Turn Back Time”
Label: Higher Ground
Keepin’ tha tracks that are known comin’…; this one basically a decent one. However, it sounds slightly betta while listenin’ to it, as we speak… Likin’ how tha D & SF are collabbin’; great vibe, despite me originally just stereotypin’ it as ‘anotha dry house track.’ My Current Rating: 3.7
 
 
07. Luca Schreiner “Ready For You”
Label: Robbins
I dunno…; I’m expectin’ good, in honor of Tate McRae breakin’ Luca “first,” on her remix…? Likin’ that Robbins iz in charge of this & am unsure of which direction this gon go in… >>> Sounds like it’s anotha hot, hidden female; definitely nice, so far… Glad this sounds like a pure-soundin’ Robbins track than anything cheesy; all about tha dance quality over tha $$$! Sounds like a good lil’ chorus & drop; will this get proper exposure in tha mainstream to get its proper props? My Rating: 4.4
 
 
08. Gaullin feat. Katy Tiz “So We Go (Martin Jensen Edit)”
Label: One Seven
Looks like it’ll be an interestin’ track with Kate-to-tha-y, on tha collab…? >>> Sounds like an unexpectedly-catchy beginning part/beat ta introduce tha track…! Definitely hot with how this sounds, tha whole way round…! Sexy-soundin’ vocals, beats/sounds & vibes, here; definitely a turn-on! Likin’ how this has been tha year of tha “Du Du Du”, “Tu Tu Tu” & now, “Da Da Da…”! My Rating: 4.8
 
 
09. Dezza & Lauren L’aimant “Settle”
Label: Enhanced
A nice lil’ slow track, courtesy of its luv from BPM…! Kinda reminds me of a good lil’ slow vibe from Above & Beyond + their vocalists…! Should be bigger than it already iz, already? We’ll see how its promotion goes… My Current Rating: 4.0
 
 
10. Taska Black feat. Emily Vaughn “Easier”
Label: Create
! ! ! Ouch!!! ! ! ! Cursed…? Well, not was it just only an okay/semi-slow track that’s been out but its label, from what I believe, iz currently in clash with my boy, DJ B-Real’s current music funds! It bothers me that there’s a clash in funds, due to B-Real releasin’ tha music on his own label. Not to mention, a “Create Music Group” vs. “Create Media Group” mix-up, on their end? Months of confusion… It’s messed up but as far as tha song, just decent. Kinda sounds depressin’ with tha “leave” part & repetitiveness; only an okay drop, fa tha most part… Also, lol @ Emily’s sincerity…! My Current Rating: 2.1
 
 
½time: Seems like an exciting review, so far; glad I predicted a fantastic one…! Definitely feelin’ a lot of expected strength comin’ out tha future; 100! Currently, this review’s standin’ at a 4.0; how will it continue? Excited for what’s next…!
 
 
11. Robin Schulz feat. KIDDO “All We Got (Joel Corry Radio Edit)”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
When I first heard tha original, it seemed like somethin’ that was too slow fa me. However, I think this gon have tha “Tick Tock” remix effect, to where this sounds better? >>> Not 100% sure if I still like tha kiddy-soundin’ vocals but, just like “Tick Tock”’s remix, I’m likin’ how J-Cor gave this a boosted touch, from tha original… Overall, just an okay track & remix, as well… My Rating: 3.9
 
 
12. Joe Stone & Ally Brooke “Feeling Dynamite”
Label: Spinnin’
Likin’ Ally’s interest in collaboratin’ wit tha current DJ giants…! How will this collab turn out ta be…? >>> Sounds like a generic-type of dance track, tho it’s better than just tha average/typical “generic” definition… Meaning, I’m likin’ tha pre-chorus, lyrics/content & upbeatness…! My Rating: 4.4
 
 
13. KREAM feat. ZOHARA “Water”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Nice to see this one get out there; feelin’ tha KREAM beats & contribution to tha dance world of today…! Also, heat from ZOHAR’, providin’ tha hot vox…! Definitely hope this continues ta keep tha strength/good vibes goin’, fa tha future/2K21…! Dope lyrics & ref’rences to “Water”! My Current Rating: 4.8
 
 
14. Lost Kings feat. Ty Dolla $ign & GASHI “Oops (I’m Sorry) (KC Lights Remix)”
Label: Disruptor/RCA
Likin’ tha collab but didn’t get much of a vibe off tha original…; can Mr. “Girl” give it that Corry-needed boost…? >>> Beats, not bad, but yeah, not feelin’ Ty on tha vox, this tyme… Also, a lil’ spooky with GASH on tha next vocal part… Either way, definitely likin’ tha climax to tha drop; definitely nice…! Cheesy title part & then tha decent drop that progresses long & well… Ahh, tha icky vocals returns…! At least it’s less Ty but tha spook continues with GASH-to-tha-I…! Just like tha Hook N Sling & Taranteeno collab, this has its 50/50 wayz with me. That means, I’m really diggin’ a certain part but really not diggin’ anotha part… My Rating: 3.3
 
 
15. Ananya “Everybody’s Lost (Charlie Lane Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: Hustling Hearts
A discovery of mine from tha POOL, recently! Likin’ its independent release but likin’ its label name even more! Also, how will this compare to tha dope Unto Uno remix that I’m really diggin’? I have ta say, it’s a real nice track, regardless of which mix I like betta…! >>> From tha vibe I got from what I’ve been used to, with this track, this mix sounds outta place. Between tha beats & pace of tha vocals, I’ono… Sounds like tha vocals are too fast, vs. Unto Uno’s vibe. Like, sounds like a completely-different track? Now, I feel like it’ll only be our lil’ exclusive? I’ont thank this one’ll get out there? Only a supa-movin’ future ahead can make this one/mix be worth it? My Rating: 3.1
 
 
16. Ofenbach & Quarterhead feat. Norma Jean Martine “Head, Shoulder, Knees & Toes (Robin Schulz Remix)”
Label: Spinnin’/Big Beat/EMG
Title reminds me of tha Dance Radio edition from October ’09, thanx to tha K.I.G. Family & their “…Kneez & Toez”. I’ono how it gon sound with this supa-sized collab; we’ll s…e…e…? >>> Sounds like a completely different vibe; sounds good, especially since it’s more like a feeling…! Beats are a lil’ dry (that “Brazilian Bass,” they call it?); just a generic song/remix, here… I’m just glad it has a good vibe, between tha lyrics/vocals. My Rating: 3.8
 
 
17. Dash Berlin feat. Jordan Grace “No Regrets”
Label: TurnItUp
Liked tha DB from earlier in tha previous decade, thanx to their way of keepin’ tha mid-fast beats comin’. However, they seem to have slowed down to a generic pace, as tyme went on… Now, they’re finally on a PO. Not too sure how I’ll feel wit this slow one but let’s run it… >>> Yeah, a lil’ too slow fa a start, here… Not tha outstanding 105 BPM vibe like tha January ’17 PO I mentioned, earlier (“Stranger”). As far as this, it’s decent; sounds like a positive track but not a DB vibe I’d appreciate, that much… One thang that’s not bad iz that this iz short, despite its slowness… My Rating: 3.4
 
 
18. nowifi x LissA “What If We Love It”
Label: Robbins
Lovin’ that there’s another new Robbins track & this new team, here…! Looks interestin’; can it be on a pure dance level, like tha previous Robbins song on this edition…? >>> Sounds like an okay, slow lil’ dance track. Sounds like an outta-country female vocalist, here; cool… I like how she mentioned that her “BPM explodes;” definitely nice line…! Sounds like an okay drop, too; just like DB, this not really tha Robbins dance vibe I’m used to. Might be a lil’ too slow, so it’s mainly on tha decent level, imo… Also, I’ono how this one gon do with exposure, imo; that’s just me, tho… My Rating: 3.5
 
 
19. Timmy Trumpet “Cold”
Label: Spinnin’
I see there’s a hidden 140 BPM track on this edition somewhere. I literally thought it was gon be this one, especially since tha previous edition’s #19 was “Kill Me Better”, tha unexpected, real-fast anthem! Also, I’ve heard him keep tha pace all tha way turnt up…! Either way, what could it be…? Let’s see if this still has hype in me, tho… >>> Unexpected, instant start with tha chorus; sounded like it was cut from somewhere, lol? Sounds like a hot/dope drop, tho! As far as tha vocals, tha hidden female sounds familiar vs. soundin’ like a mainstream/Alessia Cara-type chick; nice blend? Might have ta get used to that instant, cut-soundin’ start but for tha most part, it sounds like a nice, new track! Also, perfect title as for preparin’ for an upcomin’ snowstorm…! My Rating: 4.1
 
 
20. Tritonal, Dylan Matthew & Au5 “Happy Where We Are”
Label: Enhanced
Let’s see how tha slower side of Tritonal gon sound, nowadayz… >>> Sounds like a good lil’ start with these beats & male vocals… I literally thought this slow one was gonna be tha final song on here (sounds like one of those types of tracks) but it’s tha semi-finale, here…! Cool lil’ chorus but it seems like I can neva 100% appreciate Trit collaboratin’ in a trap style. I mainly hear tha Trit euphoric-soundin’ part in tha verses but that’s tha most quality I can get outta ‘em, in this collab. Also, I’m really likin’ tha “smokin’ on tha problems, you think they disappear” line; definitely nice! Tha rest of this ain’t too-too bad; I’ll give it props… My Rating: 3.6
 
 
21. Showtek feat. Sonofsteve “Show Some Love”
Label: Skink
Couldn’t think of what it was gon be but here it iz…!! Can’t wait ta hear…! >>> Sounds like a message for tha bullshit world we’re currently livin’ in; definitely catchy, tho…! Cool lil’ chorus but lovin’ tha drop part; definitely catchiness at its finest…! Also, definitely need tha courage durin’ these tymes; my mom just got diagnosed wit breast cancer just four dayz ago, smh. Neva was that type of cancer in our family but I’m just hopin’ for tha best…! My endurance, perseverance, consistency & all positive vibes gon get us through tha journey…! Hoping for tha best results next week; we’ll see how everythang go…! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
Overall: Seemed like this review had tha same type of quality as tha previous edition. Lots of hype, thanx to my initial connection with tha January ’17 edition; glad we got tons of upcomin’ bangerz…! Like always, I feel like we know that only good lies ahead…!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. Taska Black feat. Emily Vaughn “Easier” 2.1
20. Ananya “Everybody’s Lost (Charlie Lane Remix – Radio Edit)” 3.1
19. Lost Kings feat. Ty Dolla $ign & GASHI “Oops (I’m Sorry) (KC Lights Remix)” 3.3
18. Dash Berlin feat. Jordan Grace “No Regrets” 3.4
17. nowifi x LissA “What If We Love It” 3.5
16. Tritonal, Dylan Matthew & Au5 “Happy Where We Are” 3.6
15. Hook N Sling & Taranteeno “Stuck In ‘93” 3.6
14. Diplo & Sonny Fodera “Turn Back Time” 3.7
13. Ofenbach & Quarterhead feat. Norma Jean Martine “Head, Shoulder, Knees & Toes (Robin Schulz Remix)” 3.8
12. Chris Lake & Armand Van Helden feat. Arthur Baker & Victor Simonelli “The Answer” 3.8
11. Robin Schulz feat. KIDDO “All We Got (Joel Corry Radio Edit)” 3.9
10. Dezza & Lauren L’aimant “Settle” 4.0
09. Timmy Trumpet “Cold” 4.1
08. deadmau5 & Kiesza “Bridged By A Lightwave” 4.3
07. Joe Stone & Ally Brooke “Feeling Dynamite” 4.4
06. Luca Schreiner “Ready For You” 4.4
05. Showtek feat. Sonofsteve “Show Some Love” 4.7
04. KREAM feat. ZOHARA “Water” 4.8
03. Gaullin feat. Katy Tiz “So We Go (Martin Jensen Edit)” 4.8
02. Robbie Mendez feat. Sofie Vellinga “Imagine” 4.8
01. Kaskade “Solid Ground” 4.9
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                      83.0
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   4.0


Same song count & average rating as tha previous edition, only 1.6 points less, this tyme round…