FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Review #2,001: Promo Only "Dance Radio July 2021"

Reviewed on 6.13.2021 (Review #2,001)
 
 
I’m feelin’ good, on this Sunday; how ‘bout y’all? Glad to have hit my 2,000th review earlier on Thursday! It was at 12:47 PM, exactly a whole decade since I hit my 1,000th review; talk about consistency!! Now, to follow up my 2,000th review, here’s Promo Only Dance Radio July 2021, my 2,001st review! Looks like this gon be tha way to start off summer? Let’s see if tha new Calvin Harris track’s tha 1st song on here; I tried makin’ a guess dayz b4 this edition was released, due to it was playin’ on both BPM & Diplo’s Revolution at tha same tyme…! Start Tyme: 4:18 PM | End Tyme: 5:49 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2021 Review (Review #2,001) reviewed on 6.13.2021 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Martin Garrix feat. Bono & The Edge “We Are The People”
Label: RCA
Ah ha…! This was my 2nd guess for who would kick off this edition but I had favored closer to Calvin & Grennan… Anyway, fa this one, courtesy of its BPM airplay, this not really up there with tha quality-soundin’ Garrix tracks. Just not excited about tracks that take a hell of a long tyme to build up their energy… Also, coulda been a lil’ catchier, production-wise, with Bono singin’ this… Like, this track’s best energy only lasts a few seconds. Then, tha 2nd verse drops & drops tha energy for tha track, again. I would say, cool that this iz promotin’ a positive message but music-wise, Garrix, it could be betta… My Current Rating: 3.1
 
 
02. Galantis, David Guetta & Little Mix “Heartbreak Anthem”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Nice that they collaborated for this track; a lil’ more on tha cheesy side, courtesy of LM & their “ex”/“heartbreak” pov? Music a lil’ better than tha Garrix triple collab vs. this triple collab; this collab can be good at random tymes. LM have been more on tha cheesy tip fa me but this one gets credit to succeed…! My Current Rating: 3.7
 
 
03. Calvin Harris feat. Tom Grennan “By Your Side”
Label: Columbia
Here comes Harris & Grennan…! Even with gettin’ tha mom through breast cancer & an upcomin’ surgery on tha 22nd, we’ve been both analyzin’ more of BPM, courtesy of its free trial/car subscription. So, we jump right on to tha experiences with tracks, nice & early, like quality should. She thought this was borin’ & I think it’s gonna be pretty played out b4 you know it. With that bein’ said, I’m glad Calvin has good energy, here & people want to really feel it for this 2K21 summer! Collaboratin’ with Grennan on tha vox iz okay; doesn’t seem like it can grow any longer with me, only a week into its airplay… My Current Rating: 3.6
 
 
04. MK feat. Kyle Miller “Chemical”
Label: Ultra
Oh boy, this track appears! Anotha interestin’ track that sounds like it could either take tyme to grow or just randomly make its way through tyme…? Sounds like anotha cheesy track from tha soulmale singin’ but at tha same tyme, it’s MK just on his daily grind… However, for this “grind,” it sounds a lil’ plain & repetitive, on his production-end, here… My Current Rating: 3.2
 
 
05. Cheat Codes feat. Tinashe “Lean On Me (Michael Calfan Remix)”
Label: Cheat Codes/further.
Glad Mike gave this one a remix…! >>> Wasn’t really too much of a fan of tha original but this iz a boosted remix, at least. Seems like this edition’s goin’ through a more mainstream path, this tyme? Anyway, I’m likin’ that chorus & how Tinash’ does her thang & then, Mr. Trevor from tha C-Codes takes over with his coolness; nice job, y’all & Mike on tha mix! Short & sweet, here; almost like a BPM! Count to “128” but in seconds & that’s how long this iz! My Rating: 4.2
 
 
06. ILLENIUM, Valerie Broussard & Nurko “Sideways (Quintino Remix)”
Label: 12Tone
Had a feelin’ this was gon get tha remixed treatment, especially since previous ILLENIUM tracks have had their share. Even tho I still really enjoy tha original, I think this remix iz good for a bonus addition, such as bein’ on here. A lil’ different to enjoy, based off of Quint’s slowed-down pitch on tha vox but I’m likin’ tha energy on tha chorus! It’s more now on an “lol” tip, since that chorus’ vox’s slowed down, with tha “Sideways”! Lol; random pointer-out fa me… Great to have this as a bonus to tha original; glad Quintino kept a strong vibe, overall… My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
07. Shouse “Love Tonight (David Guetta Remix Edit)”
Label: One Love
One of tha tracks that BPM said they “premiered,” exclusively, last week & that its release date was actually tha same as y’all date as it appearin’ on here (last Friday); interestin’. Anyway, as far as tha song… >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ house vibe; tha good-ole Guetta on tha darker side of tha house vibe, here… Male vocals sound a lil’ eerie with this new mix; it’s an okay/above-average track, at least… My Rating: 4.0
 
 
08. Electric Polar Bears & Naz Tokio “Simple Things (VIP Remix)”
Label: Relentless Beats
After a bunch of already-known tracks, courtesy of my non-stop surrounding of BPMness, here comes a 100% fresh/new one & it looks pretty promising! It seemed like it took almost no effort to get to this point but we’re here, thanx to gettin’ thru tha more mainstream/released ones, easily. With that bein’ said, can’t wait ta hear this collab, courtesy of this dope “Save Me” (10/15 PO appearance) chick!! >>> Sounds like a dope amount of energy I’m expectin’, based off tha beginning’s build-up…! Sounds like some catchy vocals from this chick; only 2nd tyme to hear her, since almost six years ago! Now, tha previous Naz track got out there, courtesy of Party 105; how will this one do, since there’s no more of a dance-focused Party 105? Best of luck to it but I’ono, tho… Tha drop & chorus ain’t too bad with their variety of energies but still sound nice ta hear… My Rating: 4.1
 
 
09. Nightlapse feat. Hayley May “Sweet Love”
Label: Ultra
Can this MK-collaboratin’ Lapse get their shine on with Hayley, here? Let’s see what they gon bring…! >>> Sounds like a good/regular-soundin’ dance track for tha dance-music world; decent start, so far… Sounds like a catchy lil’ chorus, includin’ all tha “love” it’s tryna bring; great goin’… Will airplay out in tha world help make this catchier/more successful? Or, will it just chill somewhere…? My Rating: 3.8
 
 
10. Nomra & EKE “Born Wild”
Label: Enhanced
I’ll just say that I’m excited ‘cause I was “Born Wild”, lol…!! >>> A much softer but more-special start than I expected…! Luv tha energy of tha chick’s vocals, as well as tha chorus & drop! Sounds like an Audien-influenced producer, here? Definitely a nice way to put it! I dunno how else ta put it: angelic, energetic, confident? That’s three quality words for this track! My Rating: 4.5
 
 
½tyme: It’s been a regular-soundin’ review, so far; sounds like almost ¾ of tha 10 tracks were tracks I already knew, vs. a bunch of brand-new ones, comin’ thru with excitement. Since there’s a lot more ta still offer, I’ll easily guess this average rating of 3.9’ll be higher, once I reach tha end? We’ll see…!
 
 
11. Max Styler “Fool’s Paradise”
Label: Spinnin’
Kickin’ off tha 2nd ½ with Mr. Styler, here; what will he bring this tyme…? >>> Sounds like a cool lil’ track fa tha warmer weather? Likin’ this mysterious chick on tha vox, here; nice chorus/vibe…! Also, Max decidin’ to go tha darker/deeper-soundin’ route with this drop? I guess more on tha cool side than tha feel-good side? That’s how I look at it but it seems to have its moments. Shout out to this chick, at least bringin’ a nice vibe to tha chorus…! My Rating: 3.9
 
 
12. DubVision & ANML KNGDM “I Wanna Be There”
Label: Robbins
I see tha DV, this new-lookin’ KNGDM & Robbins to think that this gon be somethin’ fulla energy & special. However, I see tha 124 BPM & instantly think, “…Sl…ap…hou…se?” >>> Likin’ how this started off immediately; iz that a catch to catchin’ on to tha mainstream dance community, easier? Likin’ how tha chick sounds on this one, too; so glad my non-slap house thoughts took over, on my 1st listen!! “Fulla energy & special” but I’ll admit, tha drop iz “fulla” dat slap! Only difference iz there’s good “& special” sounds used than just a plain sound…! With that bein’ said, I’m lookin’ forward ta seein’ if I’m right about its exposure…! Sounds like a good, evolution-like track for bein’ 33 in just eight mo dayz! It’s that tyme to take things to a higher level! At tha end of tha night, hope this becomes a successful Robbins song!! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
13. EDX feat. Jess Ball “Take Me Home”
Label: Spinnin’
I’m expectin’ this to be a nice lil’ slow/deep jam…? >>> Sounds like some good/stronger lyrics about bein’ “poisoned,” here; deep… Cool lil’ vibe from Jess, here & I’m likin’ this “slappy” vibe—I’ll call slap house “slappy,” to use one word, lol. Yeah, nice job with tha chorus & slappy vibe, tha two of y’all! Likin’ how tha “poison” continues on tha 2nd verse, here; strong addiction, huh? To be “lost”? Gotta luv it! Sounds like this’ll be good/catchy in a quick moment; it’ll be around, do its thang but not for long? Will that be because more tracks gon be on tha way? I just picture that bein’ an EDX future; non-stop grind…! Also, cool lil’ sound part from EDX near tha end…! My Rating: 4.3
 
 
14. Kungs “Never Going Home”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Not too sure what I think gon come outta this new one by Kungs… >>> Sounds like a catchy lil’ beat start, here… Oh boy, literally, I thought this was a Martin Solveig song, based off of how this sounds. Like, Kyle? A lil’ bit of an eerie & cheesy thought I made, there… Hearin’ tha chorus & it ain’t bad; I can see this bein’ a mainstream track, especially with its Solveigness, lol… As this continues, especially durin’ that bridge, I swear, that sounds like one of Solveig’s throwback tracks (“Intoxicated”)? Like, it’s a whole Solveig trip! However, I feel like it’s just plain-ole cheese, as tha bridge progresses! This more on tha cheesy tip…! My Rating: 3.0
 
 
15. Cash Cash feat. J.Lauryn “42”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Lovin’ tha J.Lauryn appearance, here, but how will it go with Cash Cash? Let’s siggy-siggy-see—or, should I say, “Liggy-Liggy-Le-Let’s hear!”? >>> Didn’t know where that male vocal came from, at first; I’ono but a lil’ interestin’? Hearin’ tha chorus part & it sounds catchy with how J.Lauryn delivers it. I’m feelin’ like this iz more on a mainstream-but-can-cross-over tip? Like, that drop sounds addictive with tha “that’s life” & “la-la-la-life…” shit; how appreciated will this be in tha mainstream? I have to admit, with its multiple amounts of energy & different vibes, here, I do like this a lot better than some of tha mainstream pop-soundin’ Cash Cash tracks that were released, earlier in tha year… My Rating: 4.1
 
 
16. Dimitri Vegas feat. Jake Reese “Pull Me Closer (Armin Van Buuren Remix)”
Label: Robbins
Oh boy, here comes this one… Heard tha original durin’ its BPM spins & it seemed so dry & burnt out or somethin’? Now, with Armin on tha mix, Robbins on tha signin’ & me on tha 1st-official listen, how will this go…? >>> Sounds like a good lil’ house-y start from Mr. A State of Trance, here… Vocals seemed a lil’ on tha boring side, at 1st/with tha original but sound slightly better with Armin on tha mix… Likin’ tha lil’ music part after tha 1st verse; gotta luv how Armin added more durin’ tha chorus, as well! Decent lil’ chorus, at first, until it powers up…! Definitely feelin’ its musical parts from Mr. Armin; definitely has catchy vibes to it, musically…! Too bad you guys & Armada rarely link on tha Dance Radio editions. I think eight years ago was tha last tyme I seen an Armada-signed track on Dance Radio, courtesy of Armin, himself. My Rating: 4.4
 
 
17. Sigrid “Mirror”
Label: Island/Republic
How will she be makin’ a comeback? Don’t know how I’m gonna feel… >>> Sounds like this iz bein’ backed by a catchy lil’ sample or somethin’? Seems like an okay 1st verse but then, it sounds more like a pop-dance song than dance-pop, on tha chorus? Catchy lil’ part with tha “Mirror,” tho; just seems more like just an okay pop-dance track… I like tha lil’ bridge with fallin’ “in love with tha person in tha mirror”; most definitely (that’s me when I “see” myself, too)! I’ono, I feel like this’ll either get ignored or be pretty big? For me, it’s more on tha average/below-average side… My Rating: 3.3
 
 
18. LNY TNZ “So Easy (VIP Mix)”
Label: FVCK GENRES/NHMM
Tha return of tha FVCK GENRES!! Too bad his previous track didn’t get out there, accordin’ to my dance outlets… Anyway, how will he come through with this VIP’d-up mix? >>> Kinda seems like it’s more on a poppy vibe, here, but thanx to this VIP mix? I’ono, kinda seems like some boring lyrics & vocals, here? In a whole different perspective, at least tha drop’s 100% on-point!! That seems like it’s more like a mixed review! Oh yeah, what I wanted ta say, earlier, iz that, why does it seem like there’s barely any energy on tha 1st verse’s music? Then, tha energy was released at its full capacity! Dope! Also, tha 2nd verse sounds a lot more excitin’ than tha 1st verse; gotta have that boost! So glad this had a total revision to what I thought of it, from tha 1st minute…! My Rating: 4.4
 
 
19. Marshmello & Carnage “Back In Time”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Even tho I’m not all that crazy about Mr. Mello, I’m glad that I’ve been seein’ his new album be played on a bunch of tha dance outlets. It’s like, it’s about tyme? I remember when Cascada dropped their Everytime We Touch album—2,000 reviewz ago!! I was hoping tha dance outlets were gonna play album cuts on their airwaves, just like how T.I.’s King was—1,999 reviewz ago!! Lol! Anyway, as far as this one, despite this one havin’ some swiss-cheesed vocals, I luv tha fast energy they apply to tha track, here! Definitely an awesome collab!! Also, at tymes, tha music part from after 0:44 till 17 seconds after sounds like “Living On Video”; that’s what it reminds me of. That’s a dope thought & like I said, earlier, vocals may be real swiss-cheesy but tha energy iz to tha max, here!! Like, neva woulda expected such sound & energy from two EDM heavyweights! Glad they got tha right sense of speed!! My Current Rating: 4.9
 
 
20. JES “Tight Wires”
Label: Magik
Got to listen to a sample of it through tha POOL & I’m happy to see it here, as well; deserved exposure? Two years ago, I ain’t really feel her slower-produced tracks. However, this tyme, it sounds nice with whomeva she collaborated with; definitely nice! Those “Tight Wires” be pretty sharp & rough ahead! However, definitely feel her with tha “never losing trust”; that’s how I feel with myself! There’s nothin’ in my way, as far as me reachin’ & accomplishin’ goals! With that bein’ said, just gotta luv tha chorus & drop part; definitely powerful fa a slow, 105-produced track!! Also, definitely a good message; glad she neva ages but wish she got more airplay & respect out there…! Luv how this iz 12 BPM slower than Sigrid & this iz tha better/pure-soundin’ dance-pop than tha pop-dance of Sigrid…! My Current Rating: 4.6
 
 
21. Henri PFR + CMC$ feat. Laura White “Faith”
Label: Spinnin’
Interestin’ way ta end this edition, it looks like? Likin’ how we had Max Styler earlier in tha review & now, we got a Styler-collaborator on tha feature, here! Can’t wait ta hear this Gia Koka-debutin’ DJ return, too (CMC$)! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ chorus ta instantly start it off; gotta keep runnin’ off that “euphoria”! That’s right! As far as tha song, itself, it sounds like I can appreciate it more as pop-dance than dance-pop? Seemed like that, at first, but sounds tha opposite, once tha chorus & music kicked in; cool… I’ono if I like Laura more on a faster dance track than tha slower ones? I think she’s worth tha speed but this iz still nice; gotta have that “Faith”! Tha lil’ bridge part toward tha end has good lil’ faithful lyrics; it’s an okay part, musically. Nice lil’ acapella/solo piano part at tha end, as well…! My Rating: 4.2
 
 
Overall: Fa an edition that started off by gettin’ tha more mainstream tracks outta tha way, 1st, I thought that was nice arrangement ‘cause I love how tha ratings grew, just like I predicted! Sounds like some awesome tymes ahead, while some decent & pure-mainstreamed-out tymes, lol? Definitely luved tha Marshmel’ & Carnage speed on here to really hit tha dance world with that powerful energy…!!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. Kungs “Never Going Home” 3.0
20. Martin Garrix feat. Bono & The Edge “We Are The People” 3.1
19. MK feat. Kyle Miller “Chemical” 3.2
18. Sigrid “Mirror” 3.3
17. Calvin Harris feat. Tom Grennan “By Your Side” 3.6
16. Galantis, David Guetta & Little Mix “Heartbreak Anthem” 3.7
15. Nightlapse feat. Hayley May “Sweet Love” 3.8
14. Max Styler “Fool’s Paradise” 3.9
13. Shouse “Love Tonight (David Guetta Remix Edit)” 4.0
12. Cash Cash feat. J.Lauryn “42” 4.1
11. Electric Polar Bears & Naz Tokio “Simple Things (VIP Remix)” 4.1
10. Henri PFR + CMC$ feat. Laura White “Faith” 4.2
09. Cheat Codes feat. Tinashe “Lean On Me (Michael Calfan Remix)” 4.2
08. EDX feat. Jess Ball “Take Me Home” 4.3
07. ILLENIUM, Valerie Broussard & Nurko “Sideways (Quintino Remix)” 4.4
06. LNY TNZ “So Easy (VIP Mix)” 4.4
05. Dimitri Vegas feat. Jake Reese “Pull Me Closer (Armin Van Buuren Remix)” 4.4
04. Nomra & EKE “Born Wild” 4.5
03. JES “Tight Wires” 4.6
02. DubVision & ANML KNGDM “I Wanna Be There” 4.7
01. Marshmello & Carnage “Back In Time” 4.9
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                      84.4
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   4.0