FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Review #2,002: Promo Only "Dance Radio August 2021"

Reviewed on 7.10.2021 (Review #2,002)
 
 
Happy 12th birthday/anniversary to my (current) playlist-editing MacBook! July 10, 2009 – Present! That’s how I roll & how I roll for what I’m passionate about, such as my next review: Promo Only Dance Radio August 2021! Does it sound like summer’s here, yet? I believe so, though like rain & clouds, here & gone, quickly… I wanna feel excited for what’s to come; let’s hope I can absorb enough vibes…! Start Tyme: 5:12 PM | End Tyme: 7:44 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2021 Review (Review #2,002) reviewed on 7.10.2021 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Sigala & Rita Ora “You For Me”
Label: Last Nite/Arista
Caught a few of these on BPM durin’ The Chainsmokers’ #Electro15, doin’ a home version of my physical therapy session, last night… Oh wait, “Last Nite,” I should say, lol! As for that, I guessed which ones would most-likely appear on tha next review & I think I got about three right; excellent odds fa 20 tracks, here! As far as tha song, itself, *re-hears…* >>> Just sounds like good, positive vibes for tha summer; definitely sounds like it. To me, it sounds like a slightly-betta version of a decent dance collab + music, here… Either way, nice ta hear Rita collabbin’ w/tha dance DJs, frequently; always gr8 comboz…! We’ll see how it does in rotation with me, durin’ more of dry/non-full-tyme tymes… I remember ratin’ “Wish You Well” a 4.6, back when it also was tha 1st track on here, 25 editions ago. I feel like, as rough as those tymes were fa me & its 4.6, this deserves to at least break that in a tie-breaker! That’s generous of me, for its initial, above-average vibes. I feel like these tymes are way betta than 2019’s; I’m a stronger, stronger-minded individual, now… My Rating: 4.6
 
 
02. A7S “Nirvana”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Dippin’ down under tha 120 rate, like it was a faster “You” (Regard/Troye/Tate). However, initially for me, I thought it seemed cheesy, unlike “You”. I’ono about featurin’ tha “Nirvana” name, itself, in a title; I feel like its name iz deserved for “Nirvana”, themselves… >>> Despite my initial, typical-feelin’ vibes, this sounds better, song-wise. I really feel how this ATB/Topic’er follows up his “Your Love (9PM)”ness with this; tha slower beats sound great, at least. There’s a lotta catchiness, despite my initial thoughts about cheesy? I guess “cheesy”’s good, in tha sense that I’m collaboratin’ with some1 with tha nickname “Big Cheesy” (70th Street Carlos) for a music video droppin’ on his 24th birthday, October 1st? I’ono, I guess tha stereotypical “cheesy” vibe goes over well, these dayz? As far as tha “addictions can be dangerous” part, pretty deep. How can any1 let an addiction get tha best of them? Use to uplift, neva to take over! With that bein’ said, I hope its catchiness becomes inescapable, lol!! My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
03. Viiq “Heartless”
Label: Liftoff
*Goes and grabs a “Nirvana”-labeled bottle of water…*
Tha water, too, not just tha A7S track, lol! I still feel like there’s only one “Nirvana”, lol! With that bein’ said, back to tha review: I’m anticipated ta hear this Liftoff/Disco Fries-featured Viiq on her own, just like how A7S just did with that water bottle, lol! >>> Sounds like some good energy to start this off; props, as I expected, but betta-soundin’? I’ono but I’m likin’ this & hoping it gets out there like how “Forever Love” slowly did. Nice-soundin’ beats & great-soundin’ Viiq, on her 2nd track appearance!! Tha whole track’s a definitely plus; great combo/ear for beats/vibes, Viiq—that’s tha “V” in Viiq! “Vibes,” I say, lol, but, frfr! Excellent, overall; props for surpassin’ my extra expectations! My Rating: 4.8
 
 
04. NERVO & Tube & Berger “Lights Down Low”
Label: Musical Freedom
Should be a dope collaboration? Maybe, all house’d out? I’ono but I feel excited to wanna know…?! >>> Sounds like it’s more on tha exciting tip, based off tha beginning music? Also, NERVO doin’ tha singin’ this tyme? Definitely soundin’ excellent to hear, courtesy of this collab…! Tha chorus pretty nice; definitely feelin’ tha energy & how it’s all about tha “lights” goin’ “down low,” on tha down-low! Interestin’ fa how tha two sets of DJs combined on this track, here; good shizzit…! How will it do after NERV did gr8 with their Carla collab? Hope tha success continues…! My Rating: 4.6
 
 
05. Billen Ted feat. Mae Muller “When You’re Out”
Label: Black Butter/Three Six Zero
As I continue to see tracks I don’t know about, yet, I feel real excited ta hear tha outcome they gon bring to this edition…!! >>> It sounds like a fresh, new start; I feel like it could be of somethin’? Oh boy, attacked by a cover, on tha hook? Yea, “when you’re out drinking” iz now what it comes down to, with my Top 10 countdowns! That’s right! My Top 10 countdowns that I do daily, I started on July 5, 2000! Durin’ tha tymes of this Kandi “Don’t Think I’m Not” tymes of enterin’ my music tastes… With that bein’ said, at least it’s not a 100% remake/cover but not feelin’ how tha whole chorus tha Kandi chorus. Glad this a female-vocal, at least; I’ll give it some props… My Rating: 3.8
 
 
06. Martin Ikin & Biscits feat. Anelisa Lamola “Ready 2 Dance”
Label: Ultra
Oh boy; luv that this one exists for today’s world! Its presence in tha world makes tha tymes of today seem awesome, when they’re not. Luv how tha singer reminds me of tha dayz of, like, tha early 2000’s, where they come outta nowhere & do tha damn thang on tha house movement! Props to tha ladies! Luv tha repetitiveness of tha whole vibe of dancin’ & trancin’ to tha vibe! Gotta respect tha fun tymes & if anybody can’t have proper fun with they music, videoz, etc., middle-finga ‘em!! My Current Rating: 4.7
 
 
07. Joe Killington & Deepend “Heal Me”
Label: NHMM
Will this be worth it, after “Recover”, Joe’s previous single, hasn’t appeared in my dance outlets, yet? >>> Sounds like tha vocal vibe of tha previous single, with a Deepend vibe, this tyme… Wasn’t tha craziest about Deep-to-tha-end & this slap-houseness kinda dry for me… Some excitin’ music parts after tha chorus but you gotta cross tha bridge of “you-ou-ou-ou-ou…,” first! Vocals can be a lil’ catchy, but only with a minimum, this tyme. I’d rather tha vibe of “Recover”; tha more undaground, vocal-choppin’ sound than “you-ou-ou-ou-ou…” My Rating: 3.1
 
 
08. AJR “Way Less Sad (Cash Cash Remix)”
Label: AJR/S-Curve
A fast pop mix to pass through this edition…? >>> I gave props to their semi-catchy “Bang!” remix Nathan Dawe did. However, this newer track sounds cheesy for a start; I can tell my mind not feelin’ right, hearin’ this… Props for tha “okay”ness but these vocals & vibe’s too (wrongly) cheesy!! Lol/smh! Kinda like some of tha chorus parts in tha music but this a no-no fa me… From “Bang!” to “Dang!”, lol…! My Rating: 1.9
 
 
09. Lucas Estrada, Matvey Emerson, James Carter & MKLA “Never Leave You”
Label: Robbins
A big collab I caught on tha #Electro15, last night… How will it do for tha review? Lemme see—hear, technically… >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ slow start, here; not bad but for this slap-houseness, why does it need so many people to collab, these dayz? Like, one can’t just create magic? I feel like, for me, personally, I would luv to be taught by producers to get betta. This way, I can be 100% in my own lane, inspired by what gave me tha passion in tha first place. With that bein’ said, this iz just an okay lil’ dance track from MKLA & tha crew; nice appearance on here… My Rating: 3.7
 
 
10. Julian Gray & 28mm & Forts “Air”
Label: Enhanced
To be or not to be… (how will it be—sound)? >>> Sounds like a pretty awesome, intense-soundin’ start; hope it stays excitin’…!! Sounds excitin’ with this female on tha vocals, providin’ nice, passionate-soundin’ vibes fa tha “Air”! I definitely give this one a thumbs up; lots of good props on this one, here…! Excellent vocals, excellent dance label, excellent beats & excellent vibe!! Feelin’ how that 2nd verse comes in, nice & “intensely,” I would say…! My Rating: 4.9
 
 
½tyme: I’m so glad ta know that I found my next big track, on my playlist? Shout out to “Air”; will it remain tha top-rated track, accordin’ to my ratings? We’ll have ta see! Fa now, tha ½tyme & it’s soundin’ like a bunch of excitement, with some hoops to jump through. Glad there’s enough to make this stand at a 4.1 for tha ½tyme rating, currently! Can we keep it up or did we peak at “Air”? I say we peaked but there’s scores yet to build…!
 
 
11. HOSH feat. Jalja “Tighter”
Label: Three Six Zero
I feel like excitement finna continue…!! Hope I’m right…! >>> Sounds like a slower, house-y vibe? Sounds like one of those females like I mentioned with Anelisa Lamola, earlier. This sounds like a slower version of “Ready 2 Dance” but it’s pretty cool, at tymes… Cool lil’ chorus; I felt like this chick belted out some good parts. However, no drop & dry transitionin’ to tha 2nd verse? I’ono; not 100% cool but more on tha 70/30 dry tip? Tha dry bein’ tha 30. Sounds nice & strange, drunk, etc. on tha chorus part, toward tha 2nd ½ of chorus parts? I would say, pretty trippy; I’ll give it nice props. Like, a slightly-betta-than-average track with trippy, dark catchiness! My Rating: 4.5
 
 
12. DJ Creativity feat. Aubrey Mikel & MX “Good Boy”
Label: 32 Track
I remember tha dayz of 2013—which I feel like my life iz like, atm—where DJ Creativity’s track with Carmelina, “Looking For Love”, was a Twitter-communicative support I had with them, back then! Also, Mr. Creativity presented tha same label, 32 Track Productions, then & now! That’s like me with mine! I played “Looking For Love” & them for tha 1st tyme this week, eight years ago! It lasted till August 18, 2013 & like our boy, Lucas Prata says, “I remember that day like it was yesterday!”—Well, I’m autistic, so I get my organic brownie points, automatically! I drove to Coram, NY, to show my cousin, Jen, one of my video countdowns! Always been goin’ strong wit ‘em! Now, to see how this follow-up of me hearin’ DJ Creativity comes out fa 2K21… >>> Goin’ a different route with this auto-tuned-soundin’ male? Still sounds like a nice lil’ undaground sound that I can appreciate… Sounds like we’re lost in tha zone, somewhere? Tha “boy-boy-boy” could be mistaken for some1’s tripped-out mind expectin’ “more, more, more” or “pour, pour, pour,” lol! That “boy-boy-boy” shit makes it sound like somethin’ ear-catchy’s invadin’ this track. Like, it’s nice & zoned out, to tha fullest? Production-wise, it’s pretty trippy, tho tha vocals are only decent/ehh fa me… Overall, props ta hear you back, Mr. Creativity! My Rating: 4.0
 
 
13. Wrabel “Nothing But The Love (GOLDHOUSE Remix)”
Label: Nettwerk
Will Wrab’ & Mr. GOLD—like my 1996 – 1997 3rd-grade teacher, lol—be able ta pull through on this 120-paced remix…? >>> Wrabel soundin’ like an alcoholic, here, based off his move for tha “bottle”; hmm… Sounded like it was gonna be an okay remix, at first, until tha chorus came in. I’ono, I’m not feelin’ his choir-soundin’ energy fa tha chorus; tha wrong cheesy, this tyme! Either way, there’s been plenty of good, at least! This tyme, with Mr. Wrab, not so much. Just an okay lil’ mainstream dance-like drop from Mr. GOLD, as well. Like, if I was to compare tha strength of dance vibes I heard in ’96 – ’97, it would have to be equivalent to tha GOLDHOUSE of ’15 I heard with Natali Yura & “Fall 4 U”. This? Not that strong but just okay; just hope it doesn’t overplay, somewhere! My Rating: 2.8
 
 
14. Goodboys “Bongo Cha Cha Cha”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Shortest PO song of all tyme with only 111 seconds in length (1:51)? Trippy, includin’ how different & a lil’ more excitin’ this approach from tha Goodboys iz…? *Re-hears…* >>> Like, goin’ tha “bongo” way iz ta do it, I guess? They’re really feelin’ tha summer tymes with this one? Not just a “da-da-da” vocalist…! Sometymes, tha vocals can be hit or miss, dependin’ on what mood you’re in. Needless ta say, this one packs a hint of cheesy to tha rotation of today; way ta go, “Cha Cha Cha”’d-out Goodboys, lol!! My Rating: 4.1
 
 
15. Calvin Harris feat. Tom Grennan & Oliver Heldens “By Your Side (Oliver Heldens Remix)”
Label: Columbia
Interestin’ that O-Held decided to not just remix but to feature himself in tha list of peeps on tha track, as well… Either way, I’ono how excited I am fa a remix, tho? >>> I guess it’s at least betta than tha dry lil’ original… I’m likin’ how O-Held provides excitement to tha dry-lil’ “By Your Side”, original version, lol! Great job, all y’all; keep bein’ “by [tha] side!” My Rating: 4.3
 
 
16. Sigrid “Mirror (Paul Woolford Remix)”
Label: Island/Republic
Here comes this, just as I mysteriously requested? Not too often do I see Mr. Paul on here but this one had to get its share! Lol, oh boy…! Though a bit of cheesy, at first, I have to say, at least it sounds more upliftin’ with this remixed version. Crazy that this wish of remixin’ would help try to get me through some hard, judgmental tymes… Now that I have more interest in this song, I have to give props for Sigrid for fallin’ “in love with tha person in tha mirror!” Major props ‘cause that’s me, all diggy-diggy-day!! My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
17. ONEDUO “Erase You”
Label: Robbins
I’ono how this one’ll do? Could feel like a dice roll, lol? >>> Sounds like a good lil’ slow, dance-pop lil’ track; chorus iz pretty nice, too. I’ll give this/these hidden chick(s) props; nice strength on tha chorus, at tymes…! Overall, a decent lil’ new track; we’ll see how it does, if it gets out there? My Rating: 4.2
 
 
18. Robin Schulz “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
This one looks questionable, like it came to a checkpoint… >>> My mind went fully blank on bein’ interested in this, after I heard tha acoustic, male-vocal & expected cover start. I’m just lettin’ it play to see if there’s anything extra interestin’, at tymes. I don’t feel like hittin’ tha “skip” button, altogether. I’ll let this be a break fa me, fa a few seconds, lol… Even down to tha Louis Armstrong, on tha 2nd minute’s part. I mean, I’ll give Louis, his airport & more props but definitely not in a dance world!! Robin, you done fucked up with tha Bob Marley, last year! Now, you took a turd this summer! However, your collab wit Felix Jaehn & Alida still remains one of my favorite tracks of 2K21; strange combo! However, I must keep it all tha way real!! My Rating: 1.1
 
 
19. Shibashi feat. Aoife Whenyoung “All The Lights”
Label: Glassnote
With Glassnote on tha label & triple-1 on tha BPM, this tyme—rather than tha second-count, lol—this should have a reason why it’s on this edition? Looks like an alternative outcome, it gon be…? Or, will it be anotha R-Schulz turd, smh…? >>> Sounds a lil’ like a mix of innocence & dance-popness? Not too bad; I’ono if it’ll get out there, tho? Doesn’t sound like it for tha dance world but maybe, more in tha alternative world. Either way, startin’ to feel that 2nd pre-chorus part; gotta “hold me in your heart”! I dunno which side of cheesy I should consider this but it’s more on tha decent level. I feel like it’s gotta prove itself, in tha world; can it…? My Rating: 3.9
 
 
20. NEEDTOBREATHE feat. Carrie Underwood “I Wanna Remember (R3HAB Remix)”
Label: Elektra/EMG
Endin’ with somethin’ I’d prolly pass on, due to tha vocalist… Like, I dunno what this could be, in tha end… >>> A positive message from this country set, though I always pass on tha whole country vibe. Dealt with enough of it in my non-dance area, where it’s tough to stand out, smh. However, hearin’ tha drop & it sounds like it’s cool… It’s just, I hope that with these hit-mixed tracks, I just don’t want them takin’ tha world over. I heard Lucas Prata count down his top dance tracks of 2005 & it was nothin’ but a hit-mixed mess, for tha most part! Kelly Osbourne, thumbs up to me, but if it wasn’t for Tess, QED, hell, even Lola, who was R&B, originally, 2005 would have almost no excitement! Dance-music excitement, that iz! With that bein’ said, this got a cool drop but I’m not too crazy about tha country’d-out vocals… My Rating: 2.5
 
 
Overall: I really enjoyed this edition, even tho some tracks acted like sharp nails to my tires in tha road, lol/smh. There were lots of bangerz & enough vibes to keep this summer pumpin’ strong, so thumbs up ta most on here! I feel like dance music iz in a nice, big, tryin’-to-expand state of mind, today. Even tho I miss MTV’s Clubland—like, disappeared in tha late 2010’s but was active in tha 2010’s iz crazy! I’m just glad there’s outlets like Sirius XM & to err-body that appreciates dance music; gotta keep tha musical moments & memories comin’!
 
 
Rankings:
 
20. Robin Schulz “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” 1.1
19. AJR “Way Less Sad (Cash Cash Remix)” 1.9
18. NEEDTOBREATHE feat. Carrie Underwood “I Wanna Remember (R3HAB Remix)” 2.5
17. Wrabel “Nothing But The Love (GOLDHOUSE Remix)” 2.8
16. Joe Killington & Deepend “Heal Me” 3.1
15. Lucas Estrada, Matvey Emerson, James Carter & MKLA “Never Leave You” 3.7
14. Billen Ted feat. Mae Muller “When You’re Out” 3.8
13. Shibashi feat. Aoife Whenyoung “All The Lights” 3.9
12. DJ Creativity feat. Aubrey Mikel & MX “Good Boy” 4.0
11. Goodboys “Bongo Cha Cha Cha” 4.1
10. ONEDUO “Erase You” 4.2
09. Calvin Harris feat. Tom Grennan & Oliver Heldens “By Your Side (Oliver Heldens Remix)” 4.3
08. A7S “Nirvana” 4.4
07. Sigrid “Mirror (Paul Woolford Remix)” 4.4
06. HOSH feat. Jalja “Tighter” 4.5
05. Sigala & Rita Ora “You For Me” 4.6
04. NERVO & Tube & Berger “Lights Down Low” 4.6
03. Martin Ikin & Biscits feat. Anelisa Lamola “Ready 2 Dance” 4.7
02. Viiq “Heartless” 4.8
01. Julian Gray & 28mm & Forts “Air” 4.9
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                      76.3
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:   3.8