FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Review #2,003: Promo Only "Dance Radio September 2021"

Reviewed on 8.07.2021 (Review #2,003)
 
 
Excited to review this next edition for Promo Only! Tha Dance Radio September 2021 edition! Not only am I excited for tha music but for tha moments, too! I FINALLY landed a full-tymer but it’s been knockin’ some of my energy down, to where I’m sleepin’ normal… Either way, I’m gonna do my best to keep up with my hobbies, reviewz & more. With that bein’ said, I can’t wait ta hear how we’re gonna define more of my summer!! Start Tyme: 7:46 PM | End Tyme: 9:28 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2021 Review (Review #2,003) reviewed on 8.07.2021 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Clean Bandit x Topic feat. Wes Nelson “Drive”
Label: Atlantic
Looks like it can be an interestin’ collab… Will it, tho? >>> Sounds like it could be a catchy lil’ new track & collab; sounds good for its start, so far…! Chorus a lil’ on tha dry, slap-house tip but it sounds betta on tha 2nd ½ of tha chorus; nice job…! For a vocal that sounds more on tha laidback tip fa tha dance world, this sounds great for tha dance world of 2021…! Nice lil’ bridge to add to this song’s recipe, as well; great. We’ll see how this does in tha world, when its popularity rises…! My Rating: 4.4
 
 
02. DallasK feat. Lauv “Try Again”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
DK got picked up by tha majors, now, includin’ this—IMO—sellout feature? Seein’ it get out there, too… >>> Sounds like a good lil’ dance song, regardless… Not as catchy as DK’s previous songs but I guess this iz to say, “Hi, Dance World, I’m DallasK!”—wow, a whole sentence of capitalized letters, lol! With that bein’ said, it’s cool that Lauv decides to add catchiness to his vocal deliveries, courtesy of this DK collaboration; good shit. Also, a good lil’ drop. Will it get tha proper exposure it’s expectin’? My Rating: 4.2
 
 
03. Lucas & Steve x Tungevaag “Paper Planes”
Label: Spinnin’
Could be an awesome collab…?! >>> Sounds like an instant, strong start with that quick second intro & chorus! Feelin’ how tha 1st verse sounds, too! If it’s one way to have awesome male-vocal tracks, it’s with Lucas & Steve! Basically, tha other DJs have to have luck but with L&S, they know they got it! Sounds like a nice lil’ build-up & drop, too; go, “Paper Planes”!! Tha rest of this iz awesome; great job, guys, includin’ tha hidden male vocalist!! Also, awesomeness, too, with its content about bein’ “free” to “fly like a paper plane!” My Rating: 4.7
 
 
04. deadmau5 & Lights “When The Summer Dies”
Label: mau5trap
Speakin’ of good collabz, here’s anotha one! Also, ironic ‘cause it was tha last song I added into rotation before “the summer” had its transition (can say, “Dies,” for almost-100% free tyme, basically?) of my full-tymer? Anywayz, definitely sounds good, here, with tha collab! Gotta luv tha mau5 people like myself grew up to! Also, playin’ in tha background on shuffle on my playlist, too? Lucky oddz…! Gotta feel Lights’ whole attitude on tha track, between tha transition of “the summer,” tha middle finga to tha “friends” & matchin’ with tha beats/music’s an awesome combo! Great job, tha two of y’all; gotta enjoy “the summer” while it’s here, even tho this “summer,” it’s cleanin’ up a bunch of upcomin’ projects… My Current Rating: 4.5
 
 
05. Alan Walker x Imanbek feat. Lara Andersson “Sweet Dreams”
Label: RCA
Sometymes, when I hear songs a bunch of tymes b4 I get to get tha track, myself, its exposure already surpasses its importance with me. Basically, it doesn’t need my luv, I feel like, so I don’t add it. I’ono, I’ve always been like that. With that bein’ said, this a catchy lil’ track, still; sounds good with tha hidden male & tha “Scatman” remake of tha hook. I felt like it was a lazy choice ta go with tha “Scatman” part on tha hook; that’s why I became lazy with addin’ it, originally. Needless ta say, at least it’s upbeat vibez & its upbeatness caught tha attention of my mom, who gives it a thumbs-up…! My Current Rating: 3.9
 
 
06. BURNS “Talamanca”
Label: BURNS/Parlophone/FFRR
Looks like a surprise appearance? Heard this a lot on Diplo’s Revolution & always thought it was good, interestin’ instrumental music ta make tha day go on by. Neva woulda thought it woulda had enough exposure for a Dance Radio appearance! With that bein’ said, definitely sounds nice & consistent with tha sound; props to Mr. BURNS! My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
07. Tate McRae x Khalid “Working (TELYKast Summer Remix)”
Label: RCA
Been seein’ it appear on Steve Aoki’s Remix Radio…; ain’t really get tha chance ta get into it, immediately. Now that it’s here, tha TELYKast & “Summer” in tha ID gives me a good vibe… >>> Sounds like a lil’ bit of a slow jam with Tate on tha 1st verse, here…; nice lil’ chorus & drop, too. Great ta hear TELYKast on anotha track in tha dance world! Also, Khalid on tha 2nd verse; glad tha two of them hooked up on a track! Cool chorus & drop; definitely what’s up…! My Rating: 4.2
 
 
08. Topic x Bebe Rexha “Chain My Heart”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Anotha one of them that’s out there; definitely a good one, even tho I haven’t played it as much as her “Sacrifice”, this year… Glad tha Topic sound has evolved since tha growth of tha “Your Love (9PM)”—yeah, Bebe, ironic, right? “Your Love”, like in tha chorus, lol…! Much more excitin’ than those A7S collabz from last year! With this, I luv how Bebe’s so in tha dance zone with tha beats; definitely what’s up to be shmart with how tha beats go! That’s that passion! My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
09. Swedish House Mafia “It Gets Better”
Label: Republic
It had been since my one Promo Only phone call, back from tha 3/13 edition, that they were last on Promo Only; crazy! Now, with it also now even playin’ in tha background on my playlist, randomly, it’s synchin’ its importance to this edition! When I first seen this come on BPM, durin’ its world premiere, I instantly grabbed my vape pen & got fulla dat shit. However, its 1st listen made me turn it off ½way through… I predicted them to do like me & bring their organic energy to tha table (to me, tha progressive house style—I know, that’s me, tho!). Then again, they made a new “House” song, in tha name of their middle name! After a few more listens from its demand, I feel betta about tha route Ax, Sebast’ & Steve went, here; awesomeness! Tha way they hype up tha track with their “IGB”ness & anticipation makes for this an addictive one for tha brain! With their return to tha forefront of tha world, I hope they continue to believe in gr8 energy! Not a fan of their “Lifetime” pop approach but at least this earns its respect in tha dance world, to me…! My Current Rating: 4.7
 
 
10. Valentino Khan x Nitti Gritti “Your Body”
Label: Spinnin’
A jam on tha Dip, even tho I’m not too-too crazy about it, 100% of tha tyme. Sounds like a good-but-cheesy house track ta me, here… Must be tha male vocals & exercisin’, despite me takin’ my exercisin’ seriously, lol? My Current Rating: 3.0
 
 
½tyme: Sounds like a consistent, strong edition, currently; seems like tha world of mine more precious with this evolving state I’m in? Not sure but I know tha music knows ‘cause tha average rating I have, atm, iz a 4.2; greatness! Let’s keep it goin’…!
 
 
11. Maisie Peters “Psycho (Joel Corry Radio Edit)”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Between its label & its Joel Corry mix, I feel like it’ll sound like a Joel Corry-type track? >>> Tha 1st two seconds sounded like somethin’ hauntin’ & then, it went right into tha JC-signatured house vibe; nice start… Vocals sound good, here; it’s a decent track, based on tha 1st verse… Hearin’ tha chorus & it’s cool; I think that drop’s pretty catchy! JC knows what it iz when he mimics vocal-chops with beat sounds! “Cho-Cho-Cho-Cho; Cho-Cho-Cho-Cho—Psy…”! Tha rest of this str8; sounds like a good lil’ dance track, with tha mix of a pop tone… My Rating: 4.1
 
 
12. FRNKROK & Chasner “Real”
Label: Wall
One of my-lookin’ names on tha artist ID, here; looks interestin’…! Afrojack’s label on tha label, too; hope it’s worth tha excitement…! >>> Had a feelin’ it was gonna be a male but this female sounds okay for a start, here… Likin’ how tha chorus comes in with tha beats; nice build-up! However, tha house slapped me with tha chorus, smh… Either way, that drop sounds betta than tha chorus… This track has a lil’ bit of a pop potential with its vocals; we’ll see how it does for tha dance world, too. My Rating: 3.8
 
 
13. Famba feat. Brando & MKLA “Games We Play”
Label: Sony Canada
Could be an awesome collab or a sellout-soundin’ one? Lemme see/hear… >>> Brando & Famba sound so slap with their voices & sounds; I’ono what to say… Hearin’ MKLA come in & it sounds 10x catchier!! Definitely up & down, here, but an awesome chorus/cool track!! Tha 2nd verse sounds betta with Brando, this tyme; not so drained in tha slappiness, lol…! My Rating: 4.6
 
 
14. Snakehips & Armand Van Helden “Freedom (You Bring Me)”
Label: Never Worry
Seen this pop up & had heard it once or so. Again, anotha unexpected appearance from tha Dip! Awesomeness?! I’ono but randomness? *Re-hears…* >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ house vibe; I know it took me a few listens to like “The Answer” betta—well, it was a January 20, 2021 freeplay moment, winnin’ 300 quarters off a one-quarter bet! Spins, spins, spins, literally! With that bein’ said, after hearin’ this again, it sounds okay; just anotha house vibe along tha way… Guess it’s one of those that’s repetitiveness sticks in yo brain? We’ll have ta see… My Current Rating: 3.5
 
 
15. Gaullin & Lucky Luke “What’s Up”
Label: Lithuania
Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ tha next Gaullin track, followin’ his “da-da-da-da-da”ness with Katy Tiz! >>> So slappy with tha slap-houseness! Likin’ tha rap vibe with tha 1st verse, here, despite tha dry-soundin’ beats. Tha chorus & drop parts sound catchy; more on tha cool side than a str8-up dance banger? Cool-soundin’ 2nd verse; not too sure how much luv I gon get ta show this, tho… My Rating: 3.7
 
 
16. Adam Nazar, Cruz & V Of Vossae “My Baby Shot Me Down (Vinny Vibe Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: Hit Music 21
I’ono, I think I gon be fearin’ this one… >>> Okay, I thought it was gon be a str8-up Spanglish song! This sounds great with these female vocals & this decent music…! Sounds nice with that chorus; pretty strong & cool drop…! Gotta feel tha 2nd verse, too; awesome lil’ collab! My Rating: 4.1
 
 
17. Nina Kraviz “Skyscrapers”
Label: Nina Kraviz
Looks too good to be true with 133 BPM & a self-released track…? >>> Sounds like a cool lil’ vocal trance start, here? Definitely nice, in a way; props to this newbie! I’ono how well this’ll do in tha world? Just sounds like a PO exclusive that got super-lucky to appear, here, 2021 style? I’ono how well I can feel tha chorus; not really into tha “oh-oh-oh” part after tha chorus or whateva… I’ont wanna hate-hate on this too much; just sounds like different energy it’s bringin’ to tha table… Between tha vocals, beats & quality of tha mixin’/masterin’, it sounds like one of those lucky PO discoveries. We’ll see how well it can do with me, in its upcomin’ run. My Rating: 3.6
 
 
18. The Private Language “Cali Girls”
Label: Black Hole
Thought I woulda liked their previous song, tha Tears For Fears cover, betta in my rotation. However, with tha transition of a betta life, it already left rotation with me & now, a new track’s here… How will this one sound? Can they go for anotha chance…? >>> Doesn’t really sound like a dance vibe & definitely not a Black Hole vibe. This sounds more on tha cool vibe than a dance vibe; not too sure what my final say’ll be fa this… Hearin’ tha chorus & it’s nice; lol @ tha no content warning but that part b4 tha chorus about fuckin’ wit “California,” lol. Not really feelin’ tha part after tha chorus; weird vocals throughout this whole thang, too. If Black Hole didn’t lock this track in, tha alternative world can have it all it wants! My Rating: 1.8
 
 
19. Inaya Day “Feelin’ Feelin’”
Label: Top Notch
Haven’t seen her on here since tha 12/08 edition, right? *Checks…* Correct! Tha “dope seller, weed pusher” or whateva it was on that track w/Michael Woods (Out Of Office) “Natural High”! Now, courtesy of tha Top Notch Music Group, here comes her 13-year return to PO, all solo! Can’t wait ta hear how she comin’ fa tha 2K21!! >>> Sounds like a quiet start, so far; let’s see how much I can feel “Feelin’ Feelin’”… A lil’ dry on tha beats; vocals at least fit with a nice lil’ ‘90s vibe, mostly. Thought there either woulda been a lot more energy on this track or more on a Joel Corry level. Not really “Feelin’ Feelin’” this tha way I wanna; not tha worst but not tha quality that fits with all tha 4.0’s… Wish I woulda liked this one more but this all I can do fa my gurl… My Rating: 3.2
 
 
20. Sam Feldt feat. Lateshift “The Riddle”
Label: Heartfeldt
Seen this one get out there earlier in tha week… >>> Not really into tha male vocals for this slow start… Beats & chorus sound like they offer a chance at this track; not too sure what to feel… Tha drop sounds good; just an okay vibe fa me, overall. Vocals kinda sound a lil’ irritating with tha title part; not so crazy about a “riddle” or tha word, itself. My Rating: 2.9
 
 
21. Ookay, Flux Pavilion & Elohim “Be OK”
Label: Thirty Knots
Endin’ with a track I heard on The Chainsmokers’ #Electro15, recently… How will this track end this edition? Lemme hear it once again… >>> Anotha one I ain’t expect a female on tha vocals… I dunno but it sounds like a cheesy chorus ta me; more on tha sellout tip, Ookay & tha crew? Sounds catchy & bouncy with tha verses but that chorus on tha cheesy tip fa me. Not much else fa me ta say, here, except that this barely “OK” fa me, overall. My Rating: 2.4
 
 
Overall: Long Live Paul Johnson, as well! Sad ta lose anotha legend in tha dance world… Anyway, seems like this edition went over well. Not too many bangerz on tha 2nd ½ but most of tha 1st ½ took care of tha good scores, luckily. Still seems like a good future for dance music; hoping for good fall tracks comin’ soon, as well!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. The Private Language “Cali Girls” 1.8
20. Ookay, Flux Pavilion & Elohim “Be OK” 2.4
19. Sam Feldt feat. Lateshift “The Riddle” 2.9
18. Valentino Khan x Nitti Gritti “Your Body” 3.0
17. Inaya Day “Feelin’ Feelin’” 3.2
16. Snakehips & Armand Van Helden “Freedom (You Bring Me)” 3.5
15. Nina Kraviz “Skyscrapers” 3.6
14. Gaullin & Lucky Luke “What’s Up” 3.7
13. FRNKROK & Chasner “Real” 3.8
12. Alan Walker x Imanbek feat. Lara Andersson “Sweet Dreams” 3.9
11. Adam Nazar, Cruz & V Of Vossae “My Baby Shot Me Down (Vinny Vibe Remix – Radio Edit)” 4.1
10. Maisie Peters “Psycho (Joel Corry Radio Edit)” 4.1
09. Tate McRae x Khalid “Working (TELYKast Summer Remix)” 4.2
08. DallasK feat. Lauv “Try Again” 4.2
07. BURNS “Talamanca” 4.3
06. Topic x Bebe Rexha “Chain My Heart” 4.3
05. Clean Bandit x Topic feat. Wes Nelson “Drive” 4.4
04. deadmau5 & Lights “When The Summer Dies” 4.5
03. Famba feat. Brando & MKLA “Games We Play” 4.6
02. Lucas & Steve x Tungevaag “Paper Planes” 4.7
01. Swedish House Mafia “It Gets Better” 4.7
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                    79.9
Total Songs:                    / 21
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:    3.8