FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Review #2,012: Promo Only "Dance Radio January 2022"

Reviewed on 12.05.2021 (Review #2,012)
 
 
I don’t got much to say, since I got a lot goin’ on, still. I’m just happy to know that Promo Only Dance Radio January 2022 iz here & that we’re only 27 dayz away from reachin’ 2K22! It started off shitty & nowhere to advance in tha beginning of tha year. However, now, it seems like my advancin’ & quality of events iz gettin’ better, luckily! Can’t wait ta bring all that good inta 2022! Fa now, let’s get on with tha review! I bet I know what my favorite iz, which iz an awesome way to lead 2022 off!! Start Tyme: 4:00 PM | End Tyme: 5:39 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2021 Review (Review #2,012) reviewed on 12.05.2021 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Oliver Heldens x Anabel Englund “Déjà Vu”
Label: OH2/Heldeep
Kickin’ off tha year with somethin’ excitin’, here! Glad to see Anabel collabbin’ with many, these dayz! Got to hear a sample of this on one of tha Diplo’s Revolution mixshows & it seemed like a good snippet! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ slap-house start, between tha semi-plain music & Anabel’s vocals… Hearin’ tha chorus part & it’s pretty good; I like how she says it at tha end: “all I get iz déjà vu.” It’s like, eva since she rapped on her current, solo single (“Midnight Rapture”), that other voice she has iz pretty hot, too! Also, nice vocalizin’ to brighten up tha dry-soundin’ drop. As far as tha rest of this, it sounds nice; I may’ve liked other Anabel tracks better but this iz still an awesome way to start tha new year off! “All I need iz your… déjà vu”; liked that lil’ part b4 tha last chorus! My Rating: 4.4
 
 
02. Krewella x BEAUZ “Never Been Hurt”
Label: Mixed Kids
Speakin’ of okay 1st-listens, here comes this one. Got to hear this spread around tha dance outlets & now, it’s here for review! I like that lil’ record-soundin’, scratchy beginning & then, tha greatness of Krewella starts off! Tha music’s a lil’ on tha decent side; more on that slap-house feel, basically. I like tha pre-chorus with tha “without a lil’ baggage” part & how it rhymes with “damage.” Tha chorus okay; a lil’ repetitive but still str8. Tha drop sounds cool with those vocal chops; “like I never…”? Cool; it even sounds like it’s from anotha country! Also, a good lil’ four-bar rapped verse after tha 2nd drop; nice for a lil’ bonus! Gotta get away from tha “toxic” feeling iz right! My Current Rating: 3.9
 
 
03. Dom Dolla feat. Mansionair “Strangers”
Label: Arista
Lol; I feel like I’m repeatin’ myself? Anotha one that’s okay, compared to what I’ve heard from tha artist, b4. Right about now, it’s Mista Dolla! A lil’ different than tha odd-voiced, housed-up vibes, here…; a lil’ on tha soft-male vocal side… Not really tha biggest priority of a track to support but still somethin’ I would support, at least; go, Dolla! Music consistently str8; not too many peak parts in tha music, tho. Tha soft vocals help make this a lil’ more interestin’ to help out with tha okay-soundin’ music; nice collab but, to me, once-in-a-blue-moon collab, lol. My Current Rating: 3.8
 
 
04. Fedde Le Grand x Robert Falcon feat. Sofia Quinn “Heaven”
Label: Spinnin’
Tha 1st track on this edition that I didn’t get a single snippet for, yet…! Looks like it’ll be a dope-soundin’ house collab, with some female vocals to help spice thangz up? Hmm… >>> Sounds like we’re on tha slap-house tip with tha music, here… Ooh, that pre-chorus sounds hot with this new chick & tha music! Definitely what’s up!! Oh, what a rip-off on tha chorus! “Died In Your Arms” strikes again but this has a spice to it, like I called, earlier! Definitely a nice lil’ drop after tha chorus, too; awesomeness! All about tha sounds & yeah, what a great lil’ house vibe, here! My excitement was initially here for tha track, especially when I almost thought it said Ralph Falcon on tha collab, lol… Tha 2nd verse’s tha same as tha 1st verse, so it makes for a good lil’ vibe to get used to, fast… My Rating: 4.5
 
 
05. John Summit feat. Echoes “Human”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
It didn’t take that long to get to, what I feel, gon be my top-rated song on this edition. Now that Mr. Summit’s gettin’ more exposure & onto Dance Radio editions makes for an awesome tyme! Also, tha same Echoes from tha Seven Lions song, 60 editions ago? Almost thought so till I saw tha spelling as “Echos” on tha Seven Lions song. Either way, it’s 4:20, now, so… *presses play* (best thing)! As far as tha review, feelin’ tha anticipatin’, quiet start & then, tha vocals slippin’ in! Luv how tha track builds up & progresses to a hot chorus, hot/consistent music & awesome vibe! Tha added vocals in tha chorus/drop part with tha “whatever…” part’s awesome, too! Definitely a consistent, awesome house vibe; keep progressin’, Mr. “Sun Came Up” Summit, lol…! We can even say Mr. “Deep End” Summit, too; however you wanna call it! I hear tha “heart beatin’ like crazy” part & it reminds me of a situation I was a part of, a few tymes this year. Them jiggaz & Addies! Utilized them for my music project but have to have a proper re-entry, without any toxic vibes in my way! With that bein’ said, I’m glad DR just got this, recently & I hope it has an awesome 2022 in tha dance world, especially with some of tha previous singles doin’ good…! My Current Rating: 4.9
 
 
06. FRNKROK & Britt Daley “Shoulda Played It Cooler”
Label: NHMM
Didn’t really see dude’s previous song get out there (“Real”), from four editions ago; I ain’t get to enjoy it that much, neither. However, now that dude looks like he has a more-anticipatin’ single, here, I’m payin’ better attention to his name, lol. “FRNK” = my name, lol & he “ROK”(s), lol; I get it! Can’t wait to hear what they cookin’ up, here…! >>> Sounds like a decent lil’ dance/club music start, here, includin’ hearin’ Britt Daley for 2021… Tha chorus sounds cool, includin’ how she says tha title; good shit! Tha drop a lil’ dry but it just progresses as somethin’ okay, basically. As far as tha rest of this, tha 2nd verse sounds nice ta hear, as well; music has a lil’ more life to it, at least. Hearin’ snippets of Britt’s vocals on tha 2nd drop & it makes me think to myself, “On Britt’s next single, she should have awesome vocal-chops to really latch on to tha listeners, such as myself!” That’s what’s comin’ through my brain…! Also, awesome lil’ “whoo!” part toward tha end, too…! I just don’t know how well this’ll do in tha dance world, tho; they’re picky, at tymes. It’s like, they’ll either gravitate toward a specific newbie or just go for tha sellouts. My Rating: 4.2
 
 
07. Morgin Madison feat. Fluir “Running”
Label: mau5trap
Got to hear this one for tha 1st tyme on tha POOL player & now, it has enough potential to be on Dance Radio! As far as tha track, it sounds like a good lil’ female helpin’ this new dance producer out. Glad he’s had an awesome year with Sirius XM showin’ him luv! Hope he keeps tha awesome dance vibes comin’, especially if mau5trap’s behind him…! Great sounds throughout tha track, includin’ tha lil’ drop! Hope this one gets out there big like how BPM showed his “Far From Home” track a lotta luv…! Even has those throwback mau5 vibes to tha music, especially when it progresses throughout tha whole track…! My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
08. Shane Codd “It Ain’t Right”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Now, here’s some1 who had one of tha most overrated tracks of tha year—barely known last year but all over this year, like, wtf? I regret that 4.0 I gave “Get Out My Head”; I literally called that a meme, like, “If coronavirus was a song,” smh…! Then, he followed up with “Always On My Mind”, which was a lil’ better. That track ain’t make it on to Dance Radio but now, we’re up to this one. He ain’t reveal tha vocalist on this track, unfortunately, but tha chick sounds good on these vocals. Decent music throughout tha verses & tha drop’s pretty nice. I can see him gettin’ better with tha tracks that come out but will that make him less popular? I’ono… As far as this track, it’s not bad… It seems like he likes that repetitive vocal vibe on his choruses? My Current Rating: 3.8
 
 
09. Pink Panda “Obsessed”
Label: Spinnin’
Got ta hear this through tha Sirius XM BPM shows… Like, I’ono where tha thought would be to wanna remake Mariah & her ’09 “Obsessed”ness… Either way, guess we’ll just call this a quick lil’ bonus? Kinda likin’ tha stronger vibe of beats goin’ on in tha music, here. Still, slap-house strikes again! Not much else ta say, here; you get it! Mariah, Mariah, Mar…i…ah…! My Current Rating: 3.5
 
 
10. Madism & Liam Cole “RIP”
Label: Robbins
Seein’ tha title without its dots makes me a lil’ uncomfortable; real talk. Either way, let’s see how Robbins comin’ through with Madism & his Liam dude, here… >>> Thought it was gonna be a slow, slap-house track with a male but it’s a chick! Sounds like a cool lil’ young chick, here & this ain’t too bad of a track, overall. Tha chorus iz all tha way slappy, of course; can’t get away from that damn style!! Either way, a good lil’ effort, here; I give full props, here! Gotta make ‘em “RIP”; even tho “RIP”, she says it so sweet, tho. It’s like, “RIP” but kill ‘em with kindness, basically…! My Rating: 4.3
 
 
½tyme: A 4.2-rated edition, so far; pretty nice…! However, I predict that we’re already past tha best tracks? I would luv to be proven wrong but that’s just my predictions…!
 
 
11. Feenixpawl “It’s You”
Label: Neon
Looks like it can be excitin’ with Mr. Pawl, here…! Strange to see “Explicit” in tha ID on Dance Radio, lol. >>> Sounds like some house-y male vocals I would have to get used to? Not really tha best for me; music ain’t that strong, neither. Even tho tha 2nd minute sounds annoying with tha vocals, at least tha music builds up. I’ont think I should comment any more on this track; I’ono if it’ll get out there, too… My Rating: 2.1
 
 
12. Robin Schulz & Dennis Lloyd “Young Right Now”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
I’ono about this collab, too, but we’ll see… >>> A decent lil’ track but a good message, especially feelin’ “young” & “right now!” Sounds a lil’ better with tha music in tha chorus, chorus part & tha drop; true Schulz style, basically. Tha rest of this ain’t bad… I guess it depends on how your mood iz? We’ll see if it has that grower feel to its quality/reputation… My Rating: 3.9
 
 
13. Scott Forshaw & Joe Killington “Nightmoves”
Label: NHMM
Nice to see these two NHMM-signed artists collab, here… Didn’t really get to appreciate tha SF track from three editions ago & JK still hasn’t gotten much exposure to spins in tha dance world since his “Painkiller” from last year. Now, with this one, what kinda luv will tha two of these DJs experience from tha dance world? >>> Not sure of what to make outta this track, with that hard bass… Hearin’ tha chorus from Mr. Killington & it sounds like an okay house vibe. He reminds me a lil’ of a younger Chris Willis with tha vocals; I’ll give him some props on that. With this track, it’s just a good lil’ house vibe; nothin’ I’d go crazy about but it’s just here to progress tyme, lol. My Rating: 3.6
 
 
14. Funkerman x Nadia Gattas “Bad Things”
Label: Spinnin’
Odd but cool, in a throwback way, to see both Funkerman & Fedde Le Grand on an edition, again! Their previous one was 14 years & 7 months ago, on tha June 2007 edition (“Wheels In Motion”, when they presented F To The F). Now, an anticipatin’ collab with my girl, Nadia? Can’t wait ta hear what they came up with…! >>> An instant start, here; let’s see how this turns out ta be… Sounds like it’s hotter than expected to be, with tha content in tha vocals? “I have a dirty mind & baby, you are on it;” feelin’ that perspective, Nadia, lol…! Decent-soundin’ music but good DJ to be on a track with Nadia, here. I have a feelin’ this’ll be a grower track, in tha future? For now, only decent but great job with tha verses/tha verses’ content, Mr. Gattas…! My Rating: 3.7
 
 
15. Bob Moses “Time & Time Again”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Saw this one hit BPM but I didn’t take too much interest in it? >>> Not really crazy about those male vocals but we’ll see if there’s any extra life in this track… A lil’ boring but then, for some reason, I like how that bass sounds on tha drop, lol. Not really my piece of dance music I’d pick over other attributes but I guess tha bass takes tha cake, at tymes, lol? Sometymes, slightly-better music but not a full-on interest from me, overall. Soundin’ a lil’ better once tha 2nd verse kicked in; likin’ that there was effort put into makin’ tha music transitions sound nice…! Sounded like all tha strength of tha track was put into tha ending sounds, lol? Like, full-on collision, lol! My Rating: 3.4
 
 
16. DVBBS with Icona Pop “Do It Anyway”
Label: Ultra
I know Dance Radio ain’t get it but IP’s current main single, “Off Of My Mind”, with VIZE, definitely was somethin’ catchy & awesome, throughout tha 2nd ½ of 2021! Repetitive but they got better with tha dance tracks! With this one, they show their excitement, as alwayz! I hope this one gets some good exposure; nice lil’ collab from these two groups! Not too much to say but I’m alwayz glad & in a good mood when IP celebrates! Gots to! Lol, nice laugh at tha end, too…! My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
17. Breathe Carolina “I Do It To Myself”
Label: Spinnin’
BC have been disappointin’ me with their slower sound, these dayz… I’ono, can they pick thangz back up with this one…? >>> Ooh, feelin’ tha secret female singer on tha vocals! Ooh, awesome line: “I don’t want you, I just want tha anticipation.” Like, honestly, that’s what it comes down to, in tha end! Strong-soundin’ chorus, too; definitely an awesome-soundin’ comeback, with quality! Great job, BC & female…!! At least tha drop has progression in its sound, as it transitions to tha 2nd verse nicely…! Nice that they’re “just an accessory”; definitely feelin’ these lyrics, vocals & everything! Awesome surprise to almost take tha top—well, this gots ta be tha best new track I ain’t hear b4! Even two nice keys bein’ played, separately, at tha end; good shit…! My Rating: 4.6
 
 
18. Tiësto & Ava Max “The Motto (Tiësto VIP Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
Startin’ to feel this track in its peak, at tha moment & my mom feels tha same way…! Also, it’s even more awesome to know when I’m “puffin’ on that gelato,” it’s like I’m literally Ava, here, lol…! As far as this needin’ a VIP mix, I hope it’s a worthful mix/boost from tha orig.! >>> Lol, it literally ain’t even have a full second to start off! Damn-near instantly started off but it’s pretty nice! Sounds awesome with its boost; needed more energy! I ain’t expect tha awesome drop, too; definitely worth tha bonuses! Started off as a cool track & now, here’s its feel-good energy! That’s “The Motto”; frfr, lol! Tha rest of this goes hard, too; awesome collab but now, even more awesome & ready to take over 2K22!! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
19. The Knocks feat. Parson James “River”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Not really anticipatin’ this collab fa some reason… Guess I was neva big about Parson? The Knocks? Not 100% dance for me, all tha tyme… >>> A decent lil’ track, so far… Diggin’ that vocal-chop drop b4 tha 1:00 mark! Also, transitions nice & softly with tha music, too… I would say, this better than normal; not as catchy as “R U High” from seven editions ago but still, I consider that vocal-chop part tha highlight of this track. Other than that, a lil’ slow fa me to really appreciate; I just think it’s an okay, slow track. My Rating: 3.7
 
 
20. deadmau5 & Foster The People “Hyperlandia (Club Mix – Radio Edit)”
Label: mau5trap
Endin’ this edition off with how Morgin Madison got on here: Tha mau5, himself & not just his trap, lol…! Looks like somethin’ that deserves exposure in tha whole entire world? I’ono; let’s see how this collab turns out ta be… >>> Sometymes, I’d be iffy with when I’d hear FTP. However, this collab sounds like one of those you’d appreciate, in a way? More on tha relaxed, chill-type tip, here; really, it’s just a vibe of chillin’… Nothin’ much else to say, here…; I’m just glad it didn’t suck, basically, lol. My Rating: 3.9
 
 
Overall: Sounded like a nice edition ta kick thangz off fa 2022; I definitely feel it! Hope every vibe turns out to come true in my life’s quality; I believe so! Keep believin’, keep dreamin’; keep livin’, keep defeatin’! Happy Holidayz; let’s keep tha energy & good vibes up, to tha max!!
 
 
Rankings:
 
20. Feenixpawl “It’s You” 2.1
19. Bob Moses “Time & Time Again” 3.4
18. Pink Panda “Obsessed” 3.5
17. Scott Forshaw & Joe Killington “Nightmoves” 3.6
16. The Knocks feat. Parson James “River” 3.7
15. Funkerman x Nadia Gattas “Bad Things” 3.7
14. Shane Codd “It Ain’t Right” 3.8
13. Dom Dolla feat. Mansionair “Strangers” 3.8
12. deadmau5 & Foster The People “Hyperlandia (Club Mix – Radio Edit)” 3.9
11. Robin Schulz & Dennis Lloyd “Young Right Now” 3.9
10. Krewella x BEAUZ “Never Been Hurt” 3.9
09. FRNKROK & Britt Daley “Shoulda Played It Cooler” 4.2
08. DVBBS with Icona Pop “Do It Anyway” 4.3
07. Madism & Liam Cole “RIP” 4.3
06. Morgin Madison feat. Fluir “Running” 4.4
05. Oliver Heldens x Anabel Englund “Déjà Vu” 4.4
04. Fedde Le Grand x Robert Falcon feat. Sofia Quinn “Heaven” 4.5
03. Breathe Carolina “I Do It To Myself” 4.6
02. Tiësto & Ava Max “The Motto (Tiësto VIP Remix)” 4.7
01. John Summit feat. Echoes “Human” 4.9
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                    79.6
Total Songs:                    / 20
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:    4.0