FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Review #2,043: Promo Only "Dance Radio October 2023"

Reviewed on 9.10.2023 (Review #2,043)
 
 
I’m currently at tha top of PA, right now, gettin’ ready to review Promo Only Dance Radio October 2023! I have to say, especially & ironically with tha kind of things I be surrounded by, these dayz, this edition looks like it’s followin’ & growin’ where tha previous edition left off! That’s right! I love how I see a strong wave for tha faster-paced songs!! It’s like my school dayz are really affectin’ this generation we’re in!! Can’t believe how tha fast tracks are comin’ out tha woodwork—fast! With that bein’ said, now’s a random tyme for me to review this. Had a whole weekend off & am ready for how this future’s ready to build, build, build! Musically, that iz! Start Tyme: 12:12 PM | End Tyme: 1:29 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2023 Review (Review #2,043) reviewed on 9.10.2023 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Bebe Rexha & David Guetta “One In A Million”
Label: Warner
Just like I said in my intro, it’s awesome how music’s goin’ in this fast, trance-like direction!! No matter tha artist, they can do it! Shout out to Calvin Harris & now, Rex & Guetta! Luv how tha music’s fast, of course; gotta luv how Rexha appreciates how we’re both “alive, at tha same tyme!” Definitely nice; gotta feel her passionate lyrics & tha awesome music/beats!! Hope this one does well in tha mainstream…! Doesn’t seem too crazy, exposure-wise; that’s gotta change! My Current Rating: 4.7
 
 
02. RSCL x Repiet x Julia Kleijn “Echo”
Label: Revealed
After tha continuous success of “Lost”, here comes a new one from RSCL. I have to say, at least it’s murph got some good brownie points wit me…! Hope this a good collab… >>> Sounds like it’s off to a good, slow start, courtesy of this female on tha vox… Likin’ how tha “Echo, whoa-oh” part sounds nice & distorted, durin’ tha chorus; nice job, guys…! Sounds like there’s a lil’ more lyfe in tha 2nd verse, courtesy of tha “mind” that’s “insane,” as well as RSCL x Repiet makin’ some good music together… My Rating: 4.2
 
 
03. Morgin Madison “Feel Alive”
Label: Enhanced
Alwayz enjoy when M-Madison’s on tha scene, consistently! Real happy for his “From The Start” success, from this year; definitely a 2023 highlight! Now, I can’t wait ta hear what we got, here…! >>> Sounds like an okay start, so far… Don’t know who this mysterious female iz, vocally, but tha music & drop ain’t too bad. Sounds a lil’ dry on energy when she says, “I see tha lights,” tho; I noticed that dry spell… I’m likin’ how tha 2nd ½ of tha song iz soundin’, with some different sounds & energies bein’ applied…! My Rating: 3.7
 
 
04. Troye Sivan “Rush (Punctual Remix)”
Label: Capitol
I started to like tha original version’s upbeat dance/pop vibe. However, seein’ tha artwork & seein’ his dick hard & shit was like, uh…, whoa? Made me feel a lil’ weird but whateva; on to this remix… >>> Just decent, courtesy of some decent Punctual vibes… Lol, tha chorus iz taken out. Guess we can’t get “addicted,” lol? Oh boy, a snippet of it at 2:00! “I feel tha rush…” Of course! You have to!! Tha rest of this okay; nothin’ to really jump about… My Rating: 3.5
 
 
05. Steve Aoki & KAAZE feat. John Martin “Won’t Forget This Time”
Label: Dim Mak
Last year, these three collaborated on their “Whole Again” track, right after my violence. Now, we got this one & it’s on this Promo Only edition! I like “Whole Again”’s energy & anticipation a lil’ betta but this has a good, slower strength to it, too! Gotta feel tha strength of John Martin, continuin’ his years with these anthems! Awesome with how Mr. Aoki & KAAZE combine their progressive strengths to bring that energy for tha male-vocal anthems! Awesome sauce! My Current Rating: 4.5
 
 
06. Armand Van Helden “I Won’t Stop”
Label: FFRR/Warner
Just like that, we speed back up! Love it! As far as this track, I’m not really a fan of tha vocal startin’ tha whole track off, includin’ how it sounds. However, I’m definitely feelin’ tha unstoppable music/siren sounds! Definitely props fa all tha energy, Mr. Legend! Also, I like tha verse, too; sounds like a freestyle vocalist/flow! My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
07. Peggy Gou “(It Goes Like) Nanana”
Label: XL/Beggars
So happy this one’s blowin’ up more, now! Gotta luv tha Koreans!! Tha last new song I got ta hear b4 my 35th birthday, almost three months ago! My Mount Rushmore trip!! Now, we here! Gotta luv tha music, to tha fullest!! So anthemic, includin’ tha ATB influences, too!! Inescapable vocals & vibes!! Hope she continues to get bigger & bigger, throughout tha world! Definitely need more of these upbeat tracks to go “Nanana” to!! My Current Rating: 4.9
 
 
08. Armin Van Buuren feat. FAST BOY “Motive”
Label: Armada
From Armand to Armin, even tho I have a feelin’ Armand’s song’ll be betta for me… >>> Sounds like an okay song, so far… Likin’ tha chorus; gotta get a lil’ more used to tha music & vocals, together. Lookin’ up tha info online & it looks like FAST BOY’s behind tha vocals? Not sure if it’s all of ‘em but I recognize his appearance. My Rating: 3.6
 
 
09. GT_Ofice x JAYEM x Alix Robson “Can’t Deny”
Label: CAINE
Alwayz excited when a new GT track comes along, includin’ who he collabz with…! >>> Off to an okay start to appreciate… I’ono about this chorus; not really too crazy about how it sounds. Nice try, I guess? Just an okay song, all around; don’t know how it’ll do, in tha world… My Rating: 2.9
 
 
10. Wuki “Sunshine (My Girl)”
Label: Thrive
Patheticness! What a way to make $$$, smh! Corny house vibes!! My Current Rating: 1.1
 
 
½tyme: There are definitely some excellent tracks on here but there’s some stuff that don’t fit in my tastes… I know it gon get betta, as we continue…! Fa now, we’re at a 3.7 fa tha average rating…
 
 
11. MEDUZA feat. Sam Tompkins & Em Beihold “Phone”
Label: Republic
Seems like it was out a lil’ while ago? I’m likin’ that MEDUZA are speedin’ up their tracks, too…! With that bein’ said, this iz a good addition to tha faster/more-upbeat tracks, these dayz! Nice lil’ duet between Sam & Em, too… My Current Rating: 3.9
 
 
12. Aluna, Tchami & Kareen Lomax “Running Blind”
Label: Mad Decent
Seems like an okay/chill collab; gonna rehear… *Rehears* Neva was too-too crazy about Kareen, so it’s really nothin’ to comment on. Aluna sometymes sounds like she’s inspired by a certain flow, to deliver tha chorus… Kinda ehh/nothin’ special, includin’ tha okay 2nd verse, too… Tha rest of this drags on by but it’s not a terrible song, overall… My Current Rating: 3.5
 
 
13. The Chainsmokers & Shenseea “My Bad”
Label: Disruptor/Columbia
Got to hear this one, not that long ago… I thought it was good; just didn’t choose to add it, right away… *Rehears* Okay start from The Chainsmokers but it sounds betta when Shenseea chimes in (“don’t go thinking like that.”)… Tha chorus only decent; music too dry. Once again, saved by Shenseea’s vocals/catchiness… A verse from Shenseea, for tha 2nd verse… Sounds good to combine with this Chainsmokersness. My Current Rating: 3.8
 
 
14. BRKLYN “Shuffle”
Label: Dim Mak
>>> Had a feelin’ I wasn’t gonna anticipate anything, here… Not likin’ these male vocals that are distorted down, like a slap-house vibe. Tha chorus/title part’s a lil’ catchy but nothin’ much to offer for me, here… My Rating: 3.1
 
 
15. Ewan McVicar “Groove Thang”
Label: Ministry Of Sound/Arista
Woulda neva thought I’d say his previous song, “Tell Me Something Good”, would be more throwback than I eva thought! That’s ‘cause of tha violence I dealt with, tha following year. Basically, just like tymes of tha past, specific transition points make tha closest part of tha past more valuable, imo! With that bein’ said, tyme fa this new one of his… >>> Diggin’ how he remakes tha ‘90s throwback track, with tha same title. Of course, tha music/style sounds like “TMSG”. However, I’m likin’ this slightly-faster vibe… Luv how it sped up & up & up & up at 2:48! What a nice build-up! My Rating: 3.9
 
 
16. Swedish House Mafia “Ray Of Solar”
Label: SSA/Republic
Luv how even SHM are speedin’ thangz up, too! Definitely a mega thumbs-up, especially tha amount of energy they apply to tha track!! Didn’t like how this edit had tha intro fade in; I felt more anticipated by tha original intro, imo. Tha vocals are nice & haunting & then, tha beats just take over, non-stop!! Luv that last part of tha drop, where tha energy’s all top-notch!! Chills x 1000!! My Current Rating: 4.9
 
 
17. Timmy Trumpet, KSHMR & Bassjackers “Eternity”
Label: Spinnin’
Luvin’ that tha fastness continues & gets faster! A track I got ta hear, recently & it’s cool. Gotta appreciate tha vocals, as well as tha music from tha three artists! Not much else to say, except that it’s a fast bonus, basically. My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
18. cassö x RAYE x D-Block Europe “Prada”
Label: Ministry Of Sound
Even in RAYE’s lair, tha speed iz up, up, up there!! Luv how this 142 BPMness even starts off with rappin’…! Tha voice sounds like tha shit I don’t really like, these dayz, but on a fast track like this, it flows nicely. Luv how RAYE comes through with her successfulness… “Stripper’s tits in my face;” tha RAYE way!! Definitely feelin’ how fast tha music iz, durin’ tha chorus; all about tha “Prada”! Also, how RAYE continues tha chorus; good shit… My Current Rating: 4.6
 
 
19. METTE “VAN GOGH”
Label: RCA
Looks a lil’ scary with all tha CAPS… >>> Not likin’ that this edition’s slowin’ down, outta nowhere… Not really in to tha 1st verse, includin’ this slower vibe… Just sounds like a journal or somethin’, based off tha chorus’ lyrics… I’ono, not really that great, here. My Rating: 2.5
 
 
20. Vicetone feat. Brooke Tomlinson “Tomorrow Never Comes”
Label: Departed
Definitely feelin’ this one, like I’ve alwayz felt their tracks! Also, likin’ this PO intro on this edit! Definitely nice to start off with that, includin’ tha rest of this track! Gotta dig tha vocals from Brooke Tomlinson, too; definitely nice with tha consistent Vicetone vibes! Awesome pre-chorus, chorus & drop; all about that energy! That continuous, alwayz-active “night”! Also, I like how tha final chorus came in quicker than tha original version I have… My Current Rating: 4.7
 
 
21. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike x David Guetta x Afro Bros. with Akon “She Knows”
Label: Smash The House
Neva was a big fan of Akon, especially in tha dance world; not sure how this’ll end this edition off… >>> Sounds like it gon be an anthem, based off this chorus & music, so far… Definitely likin’ tha anthemic music after tha chorus; definitely cool with tha transitions! “Lick me like popsicle”; lol @ Akon. Likin’ how tha ending ended; feelin’ tha anthemic vibes…! Too bad it couldn’t’ve been a different vocalist but we’ll see how appreciated this iz, in tha world… My Rating: 3.8
 
 
Overall: A few bumps in tha road but for tha most part, I’m definitely feelin’ tha direction dance music’s been goin’! Definitely been embracin’ these fast tracks, like I was still in high school! I will continue to support them more than tha average tracks, today! With that bein’ said, I can’t wait till more & more editions, new dance music, all that!!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. Wuki “Sunshine (My Girl)” 1.1
20. METTE “VAN GOGH” 2.5
19. GT_Ofice x JAYEM x Alix Robson “Can’t Deny” 2.9
18. BRKLYN “Shuffle” 3.1
17. Aluna, Tchami & Kareen Lomax “Running Blind” 3.5
16. Troye Sivan “Rush (Punctual Remix)” 3.5
15. Armin Van Buuren feat. FAST BOY “Motive” 3.6
14. Morgin Madison “Feel Alive” 3.7
13. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike x David Guetta x Afro Bros. with Akon “She Knows” 3.8
12. The Chainsmokers & Shenseea “My Bad” 3.8
11. MEDUZA feat. Sam Tompkins & Em Beihold “Phone” 3.9
10. Ewan McVicar “Groove Thang” 3.9
09. RSCL x Repiet x Julia Kleijn “Echo” 4.2
08. Armand Van Helden “I Won’t Stop” 4.3
07. Timmy Trumpet, KSHMR & Bassjackers “Eternity” 4.4
06. Steve Aoki & KAAZE feat. John Martin “Won’t Forget This Time” 4.5
05. cassö x RAYE x D-Block Europe “Prada” 4.6
04. Bebe Rexha & David Guetta “One In A Million” 4.7
03. Vicetone feat. Brooke Tomlinson “Tomorrow Never Comes” 4.7
02. Peggy Gou “(It Goes Like) Nanana” 4.9
01. Swedish House Mafia “Ray Of Solar” 4.9
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                       80.5
Total Songs:                       / 21
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:    3.8