FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Monday, March 11, 2024

Review #2,050: Promo Only "Dance Radio April 2024"

Reviewed on 3.10.2024 & 3.11.2024 (Review #2,050)
 
 
Been through a lil’ bit of aggressiveness, tha past few nights… Now, tyme for a nice focus on Promo Only Dance Radio April 2024! Let’s keep tha energy & good tymes comin’, for tha future…! Start Tyme: 3.10.2024 @ 4:02 PM | End Tyme: 3.11.2024 @ 3:45 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2024 Review (Review #2,050) reviewed on 3.10.2024 & 3.11.2024 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. A7S with Alok “Monster”
Label: Controversia
Looks like an exciting way to kick off a brand-new edition…! Lookin’ forward to hearin’ what kinda collab we have, here…! >>> Sounds like an exciting start & how A7S’ voice iz on a deeper start, here… Definitely luvin’ tha power Alok be havin’, these dayz… From tha “Jungle” to last Dance Radio’s top-rated song of mine, here we are with even more!! Definitely likin’ tha collab on tha chorus; definitely nice, between tha two of their magical powers! Awesome lil’ drop, too!! Alok definitely knows where tha “Monster” power’s at! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
02. Cheat Codes x Two Friends “The Way It Is”
Label: Cheat Codes
Got to catch a lil’ bit of this, somewhere… Sounds like a cheesy-type of remake, but more on a euphoric-type of way with tha music. Liking how Trevor at least changed tha words on tha 1st verse, to kick this off… Tha rest of this just progresses on through, throughout this year of 2024… My Current Rating: 3.7
 
 
03. Disco Lines, J. Worra & Anabel Englund “Cutting Loose”
Label: Ultra
This one been out fa a lil’ minute & even Music Choice Dance has tha title wrong as “Cutting Lose”, smh/lol. With how I feel about this one, I think it’s another nice lil’ collab to just progress on through. Alwayz glad to see Anabel get out there, tyme & tyme again…! Music decent, from tha two acts backin’ up Anabel, here… My Current Rating: 4.1
 
 
04. Z3LLA “Why Should I?”
Label: LMG/Varick St.
Awesome to see these takin’ over, thanx to tha ever-growin’ exposure of their latest track. Z3LLA, tha two chicks, have been appearin’ on two tracks on BPM, last year. Now, here’s their chance to shine, with their throwback-sampling chorus & awesome dance vibes! Gotta feel tha way to eliminate tha loneliness & experience all tha traveling tymes, I’ve been recently havin’…! I continue to wish them tha best of luck, in tha future. Luv how they’re followin’ me on tha Gram! My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
05. ACRAZE, Pickle & NKY “Runny Nose”
Label: Thrive/Capitol
Can’t wait to hear this collab, in its entirety! Heard a lil’ bit of it with it premiering around BPM’s shows…! >>> Awesome way to start with tha Pickle vibes, collabbin’ wit ACRAZE & NKY for this epic-soundin’ anthem…! Its repetitiveness iz nice to progress, with this progressin’-type of edition, once again; nothin’ else to say…! My Rating: 4.2
 
 
06. GT_Ofice x Matthew Topper feat. Sarah De Warren “No Tears”
Label: Caine
If this can go in tha best way I expect it to go in, I’ll really appreciate it & may make it my favorite song of GT’s? Looks like one of his more anticipating collabz, this tyme…! >>> Sounds like an awesome-type of start, here! Definitely feelin’ tha strength GT x MT bring for Sarah D, lol… Definitely feelin’ tha energy they’re bringin’ to tha chorus, includin’ tha drop; definitely nice! Sounds like a more hyped-up version of “Invite Only”, GT’s Dance Radio appearance a year ago, at this tyme. I’m really appreciatin’ tha vibes on tha 2nd verse, too; gotta luv that pre-chorus! Also, tha buildin’-up chorus! My Rating: 4.5
 
 
07. BONNIE X CLYDE “Weight Of The World”
Label: Lowly.
Saw this one get out there, recently… What will this track bring, for 2024? >>> Seems like a nice lil’ regular-soundin’ dance song, here… Likin’ tha chorus with tha “weight” part. Tha rest of this just progresses on through, in a decent/good way. My Rating: 3.8
 
 
08. Madison Beer “Make You Mine”
Label: Sing It Loud/Epic
Been seein’ this one out there, as well… She pops up, here & there, though I’m alwayz likin’ what she contributes to tha dance world. Likin’ how this one’s more on a true dance tip, for her just bein’ tha artist on tha track! Likin’ how tha intro has that repetitive-type of editing, as well as how she sounds on this track. Definitely nice with what she brings to tha table with this “rush” of a chorus…! Tha drop’s definitely nice & awesome to hear, too…! Thumbs up fa that one! My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
09. Electric Polar Bears x Bertie Scott “Animals”
Label: Relentless Beats
Hope this’ll be a nice lil’ one to hear, for my 1st tyme listenin’…! >>> Sounds like a decent lil’ collab; more positive than a negative perspective I have, on my 1st listen… Sounds cool with tha music. I’ll have to get used to these vocals & this vibe for its extended props from me… My Rating: 3.6
 
 
10. John Summit & Hayla “Shiver”
Label: Darkroom
As they collab, once again… This one ain’t bad; likin’ how it’s on an anthem, traveling-type tip as how “Where You Are” was. Nothin’ much to say about this; you know “Where You Are” when you think of hearin’ these two on a track. My Current Rating: 3.7
 
 
½tyme: Sounds like a nice lil’ edition, so far, with mainly nice ratings & some average ones… A 4.1 for tha average rating, currently; let’s see what we got next, after I take a lil’ intermission… *Pauses at 4:43 PM…* *Returns at 9:04 PM.* I ate a snack & then, get locked in tha couch with stretchin’ my legz… I’ll have to continue this 2morrow. Fa now, I gon get one night off my mind… *Pauses at 9:04 PM…* *Returns at 2:59 PM tha next day…* I’m back, though still not in tha best mood from a lil’ bit of toxic energy, in tha air… Gonna see what we got next, so I can boost tha mood…!
 
 
11. Wankelmut feat. PLANT “Carousel”
Label: Robbins
Hoping for tha best, with this one…! >>> Sounds like it’s gonna be a house track to progress on by… Just sounds decent, though with nice energy that’s not slow or anything. Not much else to say, as this iz short & sweet, basically. My Rating: 3.9
 
 
12. The Banker Boys feat. Aloe Blacc “Fade Away”
Label: Infinity &
Not too sure how to expect this one… Not that big about AB, imo… >>> Sounds like a decent 1st verse, here… Not too much to really say about Aloe & his Banker Boys collab… Hearin’ tha chorus & drop… Sounds a lot more on a special vibe, for a slower track! My Rating: 4.0
EDIT: I thought I was trippin’ but had to Google it… Tha label came up not just as Infinity; tha label came up as Infinity & (as in Infinity & Records).
 
 
13. MitiS feat. DEV “Wild One”
Label: Ophelia
A Seven Lions label, mixed with a DEV? Tha same Dev from tha Far*East Movement dayz? >>> Sounds like a good intro, though tha voice don’t sound like tha Dev I know. I guess tha CAPS make a difference, to distinguish between past artists? Liking this 1st verse; definitely feelin’ this collab! Tha rest of this sounds nice to hear; feelin’ tha “sunny” energy, as I’d call it. My Rating: 4.2
 
 
14. Don Diablo & MEARSY feat. RBZ “Physique”
Label: Hexagon/Spinnin’
Lookin’ forward to a faster track poppin’ up, randomly…! >>> Vocals sound a lil’ on tha urban side, which makes me appreciate more of tha moment, with tha vocals. Tha music has a ton of fast energy to appreciate, so major thumbs up to this collab!! Tha rest of this ain’t too bad; just gonna try & appreciate these vocals a lil’ more & *swish*, I’ll be good. My Rating: 4.4
 
 
15. Tobtok & PS1 feat. Georgia Meek “Drive”
Label: Robbins
Alwayz nice to see more Robbins tracks, as well as more from peeps like Tobtok & PS1… Lookin’ forward ta seein’ how they all collaborated on this one…! >>> Gotta try & adjust to these vocals, too, despite this one bein’ a female… Sounds like tha chorus/drop’s on a cool/energetic level! Likin’ how every1 collaborated, even tho I’m hearin’ tha 2nd verse & I’m feelin’ like I gotta adjust to ‘em, again… My Rating: 4.3
 
 
16. Mike Williams “Could It Be Love”
Label: Spinnin’
Anotha awesome appearance with tha 140 BPM!! >>> Definitely sounds anthemic! Vocals sound like a Georgia Ku & tha music’s definitely on such a euphoric level!! Gotta luv tha melodic way tha chorus delivers! Mike was able to slide a quick drop in & it was enough, due to tha awesome speed! Tha 2nd verse sounds nice to hear, as well! Luv how quick some of these songs come & go, length-wise & exposure-wise! Gotta be in tha moment, instantly & fast! My Rating: 4.7
 
 
17. Karin Ann “She (Benny Benassi Remix)”
Label: 3am
Droppin’ 20 BPM from tha previous track on here…! >>> Doesn’t really sound BBish… This female ain’t too bad on tha vocals. She just wants some1 to “dance with” her, “before tha sun comes up.” Just a decent lil’ track; nothin’ to feel a lotta energy from, like on tha faster tracks. My Rating: 3.3
 
 
18. Gorgon City “You Know It”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Jumpin’ back to a regular-paced track with G-City in tha house…! Let’s see what they bring this year…! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ house track to progress tha tyme on by… I don’t mind their longer tracks; definitely give them their props for keepin’ tha focus up, in tha persistent music! Tha rest of this just progresses on, with not much to say… Good job, y’all! My Rating: 3.9
 
 
19. Afroki feat. Aviella “Everything You Do”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Anotha Astralwerks/Capitol track, here, with a collab that just got out in tha world…! >>> Likin’ tha energy from these two, here! Luv how Aviella can make tha tracks really stand out, with her voice’s power & tha producer/DJ’s excellent energy! Chorus cool & I’m diggin’ tha energy throughout tha drop, progressin’ strong! Luv that build-up b4 tha 2nd drop!! Definitely gotta feel awesome about how they “turn up tha” energy, imo! My Rating: 4.4
 
 
20. Mr. Belt & Wezol “It’s Not Right (But It’s OK)”
Label: Arista
>>> It seemed ear-bleeding when Shane Codd did his remake. Now, with tha old Whitney label, Arista, we got this remake. I like how tha music sounds like it got a boost from tha original’s pace, though this just seems like Mr. Belt & Wezol are lookin’ at $$$, here. Just not diggin’ tha originality; I’ll pass on this one… My Rating: 1.1
 
 
21. Sophie Ellis-Bextor “Murder On The Dancefloor (PNAU Remix)”
Label: Republic
B4 I get in to this one, I have to say, in reference to this track: Exactly one year b4 my violence, on June 26, 2021, I was filmin’ what I thought was one of my music videoz. However, tha dudes switched up on me & made me film a video to one of their 2011 tracks. I thought to myself, “…Why am I workin’ on somethin’ that’s 10 years-old?” Since then, it seems like a bunch of these older tracks are havin’ rebirths or somethin’? At least on here, it’s a new remix. I just can’t dig tha original versions playin’ like their new & current; seems unfair. With that bein’ said, lemme take some tyme for this remix, to wrap up this edition… >>> Really just seems like tha vibe of tha original, just a lil’ slower… Tha PNAU signature sound goes with tha combo. I hope this makes Sophie put out some new music again, soon. Luved her last PO appearance, from tha November 2010 edition with “Not Giving Up On Love”! Thought to myself, “Wow, that was tha last I’ve heard from her, [x] years later, [x] years later, one decade later…” So yeah, not really somethin’ I’d jump for joy about; almost similar to tha original, imo. My Rating: 2.5
 
 
Overall: Seemed like we had a lot at stake, here… Definitely was nice hearin’ a good portion of these tracks; lots of great vibes, b4 tha birthday hits for tha summer! Anybody I’m around should alwayz know, if tha music’s real nice, tha environment should be, as well! If tha moments are golden, tha environment should be, as well!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. Mr. Belt & Wezol “It’s Not Right (But It’s OK)” 1.1
20. Sophie Ellis-Bextor “Murder On The Dancefloor (PNAU Remix)” 2.5
19. Karin Ann “She (Benny Benassi Remix)” 3.3
18. Electric Polar Bears x Bertie Scott “Animals” 3.6
17. Cheat Codes x Two Friends “The Way It Is” 3.7
16. John Summit & Hayla “Shiver” 3.7
15. BONNIE X CLYDE “Weight Of The World” 3.8
14. Wankelmut feat. PLANT “Carousel” 3.9
13. Gorgon City “You Know It” 3.9
12. The Banker Boys feat. Aloe Blacc “Fade Away” 4.0
11. Disco Lines, J. Worra & Anabel Englund “Cutting Loose” 4.1
10. MitiS feat. DEV “Wild One” 4.2
09. ACRAZE, Pickle & NKY “Runny Nose” 4.2
08. Madison Beer “Make You Mine” 4.3
07. Tobtok & PS1 feat. Georgia Meek “Drive” 4.3
06. Don Diablo & MEARSY feat. RBZ “Physique” 4.4
05. Afroki feat. Aviella “Everything You Do” 4.4
04. Z3LLA “Why Should I?” 4.4
03. GT_Ofice x Matthew Topper feat. Sarah De Warren “No Tears” 4.5
02. Mike Williams “Could It Be Love” 4.7
01. A7S with Alok “Monster” 4.7
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                       81.7
Total Songs:                       / 21
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:    3.9