FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Monday, March 3, 2014

Review #1,379: Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2014

Reviewed on 3.03.2014 (Review #1,379)


Got a playlist to get to, so I’m gettin’ to this fast… Not sure what to exactly expect, but here’s my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2014Start Time: 12:36 PM | End Time: 2:19 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2014 CD Review (Review #1,379) reviewed on 3.03.2014 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Afrojack Feat. Wrabel “Ten Feet Tall”
Island / Island Def Jam release. Heard it first on MCU EDM U (college channel) before MCD got it, which iz rare. Kinda sounds like how Avicii followed up “Wake Me Up”, but it’s not terrible. I just think it’s weird; lemme re-hear… >>> Vocals sound very pop; it’s an okay sound, but it’ll never grab my heart for AL. Tha drop sounds like Kaskade’s “Eyes” drop, in a way; it reminds me of that. “The Spark” had catchier music, unlike this near-mimicked sound. Overall, I’m not really feelin’ this and hopefully, I’m just gonna ignore it. My Current Rating: 2.9


02. Adventure Club Feat. The Kite String Tangle “Wonder”
From tha BMG Chrysalis label; must be a venture off of Sony? Slow BPM; let’s see, here… >>> Hmm, can’t think of what these male vocals remind me of… Beat’s pretty dry for a start (not BPM wise, but, like, it’s a slow build-up). After 1:11, somethin’ came outta it. Sounds pretty nice to me, though we’ll see how long it’s gonna take to grow… I think it’ll be a pretty quick grow ‘cause I’m really diggin’ tha music now! Kinda long for an okay vocal song, but it’s decent, overall. My Rating: 4.1


03. Zedd Feat. Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant “Find You”
Of course, Interscope; Party 105 got this last month. Vocally, this reminds me of tha sequel to “Spectrum”, especially that chorus! Interestin’ collab/duet! Feels like it’s gonna be a weird world once we stop hearin’ “Stay The Night”, lol. With this song, beats are a lil’ slow durin’ tha verses, but it ain’t too bad, overall. Also, tha chorus sounds slow until tha final chorus; prolly could’ve only had tha 1st chorus sound slow, with tha beats? At tha end: Thought MK said, “Turn off your mind,” like “Sparks”, but it’s “Turn off your night”? My Current Rating: 4.2


04. Chris Lake Feat. Jareth “Helium”
New music from Ultra, here. Heard it briefly on MCD; their follow-up to tha 10/12 PO “Stand Alone”, which I gave a great FL, but wound up deletin’. I think this iz good/okay; lemme get a full listen now. >>> Prolly gon try and get used to this a lil’ more, after each listen, and see where it goes from there. Vocals are still good; drop and music ain’t bad. Lyrics seem to be tha best outta tha three? My Current Rating: 4.0


05. Markus Schulz & Venom One Feat. Chris Madin “Revolution”
Anotha “Evolution”-like title, lol? Import from Armada, here; let’s see… >>> Sounds like somethin’ strong to expect with tha beginning, between tha music and vocals! Pretty nice chorus; my brain must seem pretty anticipated tha more this iz playing… Drop iz pretty nice; feelin’ tha sounds, here. Good 2nd verse, too; I dunno, but I’m really feelin’ that music throughout tha verses! My Rating: 4.3


06. Mariah Carey “You’re Mine (Eternal) (Jump Smokers Remix Edit)”
Talk about bein’ remixed so fast; was only out not even a month ago! Afrojack/Aviciiin’ tha label up (Island / Island Def Jam), lol. I dunno how much I’ll feel this, since tha original’s a lil’ dry; let’s see… >>> A better intro for JS; okay sound, here. Sounds like tha music’s from tha “dinn-DINN-DINN-DINN” (’08 build-up, old d5 sound), at times, durin’ tha verses. Tha chorus? Okay. Tha drop’s kinda random; kinda sounds like tha random feel in tha Celine Dion remix from three POs ago, only that had a tighter drop. I don’t think this’ll get a lotta play from me, but tha vocals are good. My Rating: 3.6


07. Guy Sebastian “Like A Drum (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)”
P105 got this, but tha ID didn’t give me any AL, so I never previewed it. But, lookin’ at tha label, here, it’s RCA, so it’s gotta be a HM… >>> Not really feelin’ this; sounds worse than tha AJ song. How many male vocal songs are on this CD? Really weird drop, here, includin’ tha vocals. Almost reminds me of Kevin Lyttle from a decade ago? Remember: “You got me goin’ crazy, you, turn me on, turn me onnnnnnnnnn,” LMAO! My Rating: 2.2


08. Asher Monroe Feat. Chris Brown “Memory (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
D Empire for tha label. Tha artist looks like Austin Mahone (Bieber-like artist); real low AL, here… >>> No interest, so far. No backflips with this drop, here; sounds like DA ripped it off of Alex Gaudino & Jason Rooney’s remix to Casely’s “Neva Fall” (2/11 PO). I’m sure you’ll *imitates voice* like this boy band-soundin’ HM, but me, not at all! My Rating: 1.7


09. Solidisco Feat. Skyy “Top Of The World”
Skyy from KTU back in tha day? Or, a vocalist? Ultra on tha signing, here; lookin’ forward to hearin’! >>> Wow, disco house? I tried disregardin’ tha DJ’s name, but damn, too literal? Why can’t it be like Uniting Nations “Out Of Touch”? *Throws up* Been a long minute since we’ve heard a house song like this, but c’mon, fix that music! My Rating: 2.4


10. Qulinez Feat. Cara Salimando “Rising Like The Sun”
Finally, some life in this CD? A Spinnin’ song; was lookin’ it up yesterday for IC, and forgot it was on here! Good add for MCD! Gotta luv tha vocalist’s name, especially that tha last name sounds like a fire element from Super Nintendo’s Secret of Mana! Lemme give this another listen! >>> Great music start, and I luv tha vocals!! I luv how MCD’s been gettin’ so many songs outta nowhere! Thought they added music on Wednesdays, but it’s been, like, almost every other day, I see somethin’ new! Whoo @ tha drop!!! Chorus iz hot, just like tha fire element I was talkin’ about! “No sleep!” All about stayin’ consistently on your grind! Gotta luv it! Hope tha bad moments can stay away so I can give this a lot of spins!! My Current Rating: 4.8


½time: A lot of shittiness on this CD, so far, as well as some decent tracks; thank God for #10! I know it’s gonna pick up soon, though a poor 3.4 for tha CD rating, currently. :(


11. Lange & Betsie Larkin “Insatiable”
More VT, here! Lange releasing music on his own-named label, too (Lange)! Lookin’ forward to hearin’ this! >>> A slow start with okay vocals; I have to get used to her. I heard her on a G&D track last year (“Play It Back”), and it wasn’t that good for me. Hearin’ this, and tha chorus and music’s okay; can be a lil’ better for VT… Wow, drop was only three seconds? WTF…? Yea, this may need to grow with me. I dunno if I’ll add it if it doesn’t get exposure, though. I have a feelin’ MCD’ll get this ‘cause I only think it’s okay. That so-called drop @ around 3:02; okay, but tha sounds could be better… My Rating: 3.5


12. Kosplay Feat. Andy Manning “Only The Brave”
What could this be? Rod Carrillo signin’ this to his Carrillo Music label… >>> Nice vocal start with a beat! Now, that’s a combination, Lange & Betsie Larkin! Take notes! Reminds me of tha beginning of JAX & Alex “Ready For Love” (7/13 PO)! Wow @ tha drop; definitely diggin’ it with some actual trance sounds!! Wow, this really buries “Insatiable” in tha ground!! Really luv my AL, here; definitely somethin’ hot!! Gotta see if I like this more than “Rising Like The Sun”! I think I might…! Carrillo’s been on a roll with tha signings this year, so far:
Trevor Simpson “Clappin’” (1/14 PO, 4.7 rating)
Danny Howard & Futuristic Polar Bears “Thundergod” (2/14 PO, 4.8 rating)
This… My Rating: 4.8


13. Timeflies “All The Way (DJ Chuckie Radio Remix)”
Anotha Island / IDJMG release… MCD got a Laidback Luke version, but it sounds like country music, with some okay beats. I hope Chuck did a good job here ‘cause I dunno if I’ll have any interest… >>> PO, tha intro’s not :15! It’s :30! How they go from rapper/singer Drake-like vocals on their last song (“I Choose U”, 7/13 PO), to some country-soundin’ vocals like this? This climax better be worth it… Ehh, sounds like a club drop; okay, but these aren’t tha kinda “Flies” that should be on a track like this. Ehh, my interest iz gone by 2:10. Really not diggin’ these country-like vocals! My Rating: 2.6


14. Will Sparks “Catch”
Ultra release; only three seconds for tha intro? Please, be IDS! >>> Okay, that three seconds must’ve been just tha short intro increase sound effect, whateva it iz. Good thing we got an IDS sound, here. Sounds pretty good, so far; let’s see what else I gon “catch” wit this… A not-so-bad drop @ :49; not as catchy as tha remix to “Melbournia” (Timmy Trumpet & Chandy, 9/13 PO), but I’ll take it. My Rating: 4.3


15. Clean Bandit Feat. Jess Glynne “Rather Be”
I like tha ID and that it’s signed to Big Beat / Atlantic, but I fear this 121 BPM… >>> Sia, iz that you in tha beginning? Almost sounds like her, mixed with a knockoff of Ellie Goulding’s “Lights” beat. Ehh, not much interest here; belongs in tha R&B world with these vocals/content? BTW, why are so many songs on this CD in tha 3:40 – 3:50 range? WTH…? Why would Big Beat / Atlantic sign this? Guess they want more “Hello” success, smh? My Rating: 2.5


16. Korr-A “Touch Me Like You Mean It (Reid Stefan Remix Edit)”
Kristina Korban, a.k.a. Korr-A! Tha Sick Individuals remix to her “Fiyacraka” song was hot, last year, so I wonder if this iz tha right kinda track/remix to follow it up? Nabrok label (NH)… High AL on this! >>> LOL @ tha intro; sounds like how I edited tha “Fiyacraka” remix with tha cold start to quiet sound… Ooh @ tha start, here, between tha beat and vocals! Wow, remixer sounds a lot hotter than tha “Call Me Maybe” girl’s remix from last year, that MCD kept playin’ out! She sounds pretty nice, here, and I’m diggin’ tha drop, too! Not too bad, but there’s a good amount of excitement in me, here! I knew this was gonna be my highest AL, but I knew that there were prolly better songs on here, after hearin’ “Rising Like The Sun” & “Only The Brave”! LOL @ this bein’ a “clean” version, but at least there’s a lot of tightness! Wow @ that beat bein’ continuous around tha 2:00 mark!! My Rating: 4.7


17. Chris Malinchak “If U Got It”
Ultra; no AL. >>> Just like tha previous song of his, “So Good To Me” (9/13 PO), this iz slow, hence, tha same, 123 BPM. But, that was somewhat tolerable for me, with tha sound; this sounds pretty bad, between tha vocals and music. Avicii must luv him for bein’ “different”—that fuckin’ “D” word, I hate it!! What’s up wit tha girl? Sounds like a random Cyndi Lauper? Gay… My Rating: 1.8


18. Kosca Feat. Joie Giordano “Let Me Hear The Music Play”
Every other song seems to be GREAT, then shit; GREAT, then shit! We got Amathus Music in tha buildin’ on tha label, here, so you know this prolly gon sound like a NY song, lol! High AL, here, with Kosca (a.k.a. Chris “The Greek” & Josh Harris) & this NY vocalist! >>> An okay start, but I’m definitely diggin’ tha music once they “dropped this beat!” All Amathus Music songs sound nearly tha same with tha content/sound, with tha happy vibes and hot NY chicks singin’! So, I don’t mind this one; I’m sure it’ll get some good play with me! My Rating: 4.4


19. Ashley Poole “If It Feels Right (Riddler Radio Remix)”
I wonder how this’ll sound? Dear Summer iz tha label (weird name?); I have some AL… >>> Kinda on a HM sound with how these vocals sound? An okay song; beats are pretty nice on tha chorus, but there have been better Riddler remixes, IMO, recently. Sounds like somethin’ for summer, if it ever gets above 30 degrees… My Rating: 4.2 (weird how I keep rating tha Riddler mixes 4.2s…)


20. Daft Punk “Give Life Back To Music”
Columbia. MCD got this and it’s okay, weird MCE music; not sure why it’s here, though… >>> Error? Somebody’s got somethin’ wrong; this just sounds like elevator music…? And, a :49-second intro… Of course, tha weird vocals from DP; it’s nice and relaxing, but why here? I dunno, but I feel like I wanna go to Florida, especially after hearin’ that previous song on here. Weird how PO got “Get Lucky” and this, but skipped tha 2nd single, tha really-weird “Lose Yourself To Dance”. My Rating: 2.5 (random rating, right in tha middle)

Lemme look online and see what MCD has playing, instead… Wow, found nothin’; have no idea what version they got… It sounds like random computer sounds over a beat, repeating.


Overall: I thought this was a pretty shitty edition. Every other song seemed like shit. Can’t believe I was waitin’ for this. Almost was gonna go to NY (if room was available), but I would’ve had to wait ‘til today for this? Should’ve came Saturday. Anyway, only a few really strong bangerz, some good songs, but a bunch of shit!


Rankings:

20.       Asher Monroe Feat. Chris Brown “Memory (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 1.7
19.       Chris Malinchak “If U Got It” 1.8
18.       Guy Sebastian “Like A Drum (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)” 2.2
17.       Solidisco Feat. Skyy “Top Of The World” 2.4
16.       Daft Punk “Give Life Back To Music” 2.5
15.       Clean Bandit Feat. Jess Glynne “Rather Be” 2.5
14.       Timeflies “All The Way (DJ Chuckie Radio Remix)” 2.6
13.       Afrojack Feat. Wrabel “Ten Feet Tall” 2.9
12.       Lange & Betsie Larkin “Insatiable” 3.5
11.        Mariah Carey “You’re Mine (Eternal) (Jump Smokers Remix Edit)” 3.6
10.       Chris Lake Feat. Jareth “Helium” 4.0 – Only my top 10 are like an “official ranking”
09.       Adventure Club Feat. The Kite String Tangle “Wonder” 4.1 – Can’t believe this OK FL ranked 9!
08.       Ashley Poole “If It Feels Right (Riddler Radio Remix)” 4.2
07.       Zedd Feat. Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant “Find You” 4.2
06.       Will Sparks “Catch” 4.3
05.       Markus Schulz & Venom One Feat. Chris Madin “Revolution” 4.3
04.       Kosca Feat. Joie Giordano “Let Me Hear The Music Play” 4.4
03.   Korr-A “Touch Me Like You Mean It (Reid Stefan Remix Edit)” 4.7
02.   Qulinez Feat. Cara Salimando “Rising Like The Sun” 4.8
01.   Kosplay Feat. Andy Manning “Only The Brave” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              69.5
Total Songs:              / 20
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.5


Give it up to tha “K” artists, lol! Also, think this tha 1st time I saw more original versions than mixes!