FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review #1,389: Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2014

Reviewed on 3.16.2014 (Review #1,389)


Well, I got a surprise in my email, two dayz ago: Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2014! Right when tha tracklist came out (which, I didn’t look at ‘cause I didn’t expect this early)! I gon see when this gon come in tha mail, and I’ll explain how I surprisingly got it early! I’m lookin’ forward to seein’ what we got, here!! Start Time: 8:09 PM | End Time: 9:52 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2014 CD Review (Review #1,389) reviewed on 3.16.2014 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Avicii Feat. Audra Mae “Addicted To You (David Guetta Remix Radio Edit)”
Off tha PRMD / Island Def Jam labels, here… I had Wikipedia’d this joint, just to see its info, and what people thought of it, though I NHI, yet. I see tha singer’s born in 1984, which throws my AL for a loop. I have AL, but at tha same time, DJ B-Real was born in ’84, so I dunno… It must be hot in dance music, though? Lemme hear! >>> Didn’t expect this really slow start… Singer sounds familiar, though almost not dance with tha vocals? Tha chorus kinda throws me off, but at tha same time, I’m anticipatin’ it, a lil’? Sounds like a club drop; odd route for Avicii, once again. Only thing I like in this iz that lil’ climax before tha drop; that’s really it. So, this a 1984 fail for me! My Rating: 2.3


02. Max Vangeli “Last Night Changed It All”
WHOO @ THA PO SURPRISE, OUTTA NOWHERE!!!!! #2 on this CD? Pretty nice!! I later mentioned it in tha 2/14 review ‘cause it’s signed with Size Records (same label as AN21, Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman “Rebel”), and it’s so hot!! See, slow music in tha verses here, but you gotta luv tha vocals!!! Wonder who they’re by? Just that intensity of tha drop’s crazy!! I’m so glad MCD’s been showin’ this luv, and not some late night song that rarely plays! I think Size Records’ be tha new Spinnin’ Records for 2014! I hate that this song made #7 on my most-recent playlist, as it lost to a ton of alternative songs. If I would’ve had some really good moments, it could’ve been #1, but there was DAY after DAY of HORRIBLE moments, smh! But, of course, can’t front on tha rating… I think it’s game over fa this PO to compete, lol! My Current Rating: 5.0 (haven’t had a perfect score since Niamh Egan “You’re The One”, back on tha 9/10 PO!)


03. Cole Plante with Myon & Shane 54 Feat. Ruby O’Dell “If I Fall”
Lookin’ forward to this new follow-up; will it be better than “Lie To Me”? Also on Hollywood Records, here… >>> Female vocals, here, and she’s got a good, valuable name (“Ruby”) to go with it! Looks like we got anotha slow start, again; guess this tha PO with tha slow starts? Likin’ tha vocals and chorus, here; nice job! Tha drop’s pretty nice; sounds like more energy added to tha “Lie To Me” one! Tha 2nd verse’s good; let’s hope we get more singles that have less slower music in it, though! My Rating: 4.4


04. Shakira Feat. Rihanna “Can’t Remember To Forget You (Starkillers Radio Remix)”
Signed with RCA, now… Heard tha original, but I dunno, I wasn’t too excited… I wonder what a remix from SK gon sound like? >>> With tha music on, it’s anticipatin’ me, but I think I’m just gonna only anticipate tha music? Music sounds nice, here, though I’m not too crazy about tha song, overall. Tha drop sounds like anotha club vibe, like tha DG remix, on here; good, but decent, in its way. Tha 2nd chorus sounds better with tha music, for some reason… My Rating: 3.7


05. TJR Feat. Benji Madden “Come Back Down”
Again, anotha TJR release on Rising Music… And, he luvs his jointz long—285 seconds to be exact! Lookin’ forward to this new joint! >>> Lookin’ at tha name, and it almost looks like a Good Charlotte singer? I didn’t realize when I reviewed Alex Kunnari & Heikki L Feat. Joel Madden “City Of Sin” that that was Good Charlotte’s lead singer on tha vocals, lol! *Checks Wikipedia* Yes, it’s one of tha GC vocalists, and they’re twins. I was like, “Same birthday, lol?” Either way, this sounds pretty good; I like “City Of Sin” better, but this iz still nice! Vocals almost remind me of an intense BT track or somethin’, on a VT style, but with a lil’ bit of that rock style mixed in… Oh, I just love when that drop just slams! Almost has a lil’ bit of “Rattle” in it? My Rating: 4.3


06. Afrojack vs. Thirty Seconds To Mars “Do Or Die”
An Island / Island Def Jam release, as usual, with Mr. Jack… But, he’s versus with tha rock/alternative band, TSTM, here? I dunno if I’ll anticipate this, as their music ain’t really ear-catchy, for me. Funny how this was tha slow intro PO, and now, tha rock-vocalist PO? >>> Beat intro sounds like David Guetta & Usher “Without You”, which already gives me a low AL… Now, tha vocals are startin’ to sound like tha Goo Goo Dolls… Yuck @ tha “ooooooooooh-a-whoa-whoa”… Drop’s ehh for me; anotha AJ beat iz all I have ta say. It’s not a bad song, overall, but’ll prolly just get random spins for me, like “Ten Feet Tall”. My Rating: 3.2


07. Deep Dish “Quincy”
An import from Positiva / Virgin Records (UK), here; what do we got, here? >>> Sounds like it’s tryna be, like, outer space-like IDS, or somethin’, though it’s a lil’ slow for me to embrace… Some of it sounds spooky, which iz interesting. This iz pretty much a very random PO song, right now… Like, in tha middle, with that sample repeatin’, it sounds very house-y… Overall, I ain’t mind this at all. My Rating: 4.0


08. Christina Perri “Human (EDX Radio Edit)”
Atlantic Records in tha building…; it’s tha “Jar Of Hearts” (original version) ballad chick! I have tha slow, original version on my playlist, and has randomly gotten spins from me for two months, now, mainly thanx to a dream I think I had, with it playin’ (though, it was randomly playin’ on my iPod, and I started dreamin’). Lookin’ forward to hearin’ this remix by EDX! >>> A nice slow start, here; almost reminds me of one of those classic-soundin’ HM songs… Huh? Music went a lil’ sour on tha chorus… Tha drop’s decent, but this a HM, so I guess EDX did a HMing job on tha music, here… Tha 2nd chorus has an added sound, quietly, lol; sounds a lil’ better. Though this seemed a lil’ mixed of a review for me, I’m turned on by her, a lil’ bit, so I’ll give it its props. My Rating: 3.9


09. Myon & Shane 54 with Late Night Alumni “Under Your Cloud”
Wow, these guys again! Off tha Ride label, here (NHI); lookin’ forward to this collab!! >>> Feelin’ this slow start a lot; almost sounds like rock-a-bye music, a lil’, but ready to build up nicely! Great vocals from tha long-lost LNA! A smooth chorus, here; I think I might’ve liked tha Cole Plante collab’s chorus, better, but this drop’s pretty sweet! Pretty positive-sounding!! Tha 2nd verse sounds nice, too; whoo @ this sweet sound! It’s so sweet!! My Rating: 4.6


10. A Great Big World Feat. Christina Aguilera “Say Something (Riddler Remix Edit)”
Black Magnetic / Epic Records; this slow song’s here? Though Riddler on tha mix, I don’t really have any AL; it’s kinda old by now… >>> Almost sounds like Owl City/Adam Young, a lil’—I mean, I heard this song plenty of times, but figured I’d just write whateva I’m thinkin’ in tha review… Nice Riddler music on tha chorus… Almost sounds like tha intro sound to Alesso vs. OneRepublic “If I Lose Myself”… A nice remix, though a boring, slow song, originally; I almost got into it, though. My Rating: 3.6


½time: Other than tha Avicii trash in tha beginning, this has been a good PO. It has had its mix of slow songs and rock-like vocals, but at tha same time, some strong vocals, too. I’m still mindblown that “LNCIA” made it!! My best brand new, before PO dance song of 2014, so far, since I first heard it on MCD a month ago, around this time! Tha average CD rating’s at a 3.9, so far; who knows what’s next!


11. American Authors “Best Day Of My Life (Gazzo Radio Edit)”
Island / IDJ release; oh, God, anotha alternative song? I have so much alternative songs on my playlist, but tha shitty/pop ones are makin’ this PO, right now… Not lookin’ forward to this 100 BPM remix! >>> Terrible start with this chorus! I dunno why, but tha drop sounds faster than 100. I might have to scan it to check… It also reminds me, again, of some of tha sounds/a chopped-up melody from Avs.OR “IILM”… Oh God, this iz so bad, everytime I hear tha vocals!! My Rating: 1.2


12. Miley Cyrus “Adore You (Miley Cyrus vs. Cedric Gervais Remix Edit)”
RCA Records; oh God, terrible 2nd ½, so far! Gotta give it my first full listen now… >>> Luv how tha intro sounds like tha “Things Can Only Get Better” one, and then, it sounds like “Summertime Sadness”’ music… PO, really? You say 60 BPM? Maybe, 120, but if 60, then, this tha slowest PO song eva? Hearin’ tha drop, and it can be 120, but if they wanna count it as 60, oh well. Though at times she can be a hit or miss with me, I can’t really get into this. It’s like, why iz Miley in tha ID of tha remix? My Rating: 2.0


13. Paramore “Ain’t It Fun (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
*Chants* HMs! HMs! HMs! HMs! LOL…, though I’m lookin’ forward to this remix. Just like their previous releases, it’s tha Fueled By Ramen and Atlantic Records labels, here… >>> Music sounds pretty good; almost sounds a lil’ disco-y, but I’ll keep my mind open for Paramore… Chorus iz kinda catchy; I need more “fun,” though. Tha “don’t go cryin’ to your mama” sounds like a church choir? Ehh, could’ve been better… My Rating: 3.4


14. The Chainsmokers Feat. Alexis Killacam “#Selfie”
Dim Mak / Republic Records on tha label; thanx, Steve Aoki, for signing, lol! This song has been gettin’ HUGE promotion with me ‘cause DJ B-Real blocked me from Facebook & Instagram (he still owes me $400 from paying me back for tha stolen equipment), he “laughed” at my sadness, my brother screamed at me for goin’ 10 over tha speed limit, shattered my smoking bowl (for my reality show) by throwin’ it all over my bed, I had someone screw me outta gettin’ $400, had Curren$y’s peoples not feel comfortable gettin’ Curren$y to rap to one of his songs for me (for my upcomin’ video countdown), I can’t go stay at my grandma’s on Long Island right now, a lady didn’t let me take scratch-offs outta tha garbage in PA, and more, all at tha end of February! However, everything could change tomorrow with a job interview! Anyway, tha next “Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat”? Luved tha YT comments before I heard it! Best line, ever, for a joke? “It’s not even summer, why’s the DJ keep playing ‘Summertime Sadness’?;” lol! Just luv tha whole vibe of this joking song! It’s weird ‘cause a decade ago, around this time, The Gonnabees “Queen Of Pop” was on-n-poppin’, and a decade later, it’s this; they kinda give me almost tha same vibe, in a way! I feel like this kinda mocks what’s goin’ on in tha dance world, today! Ladies and gentlemen: Tha next 128 BPM song with a drop! I swear, when I saw DJ B-Real in my friend’s Instagram, I lost it, and had this song on repeat! It’s tha perfect song to make me survive tha bullshit! My Current Rating: 4.7 (whoot!!)


15. Duke Dumont Feat. Jax Jones “I Got U”
An Astralwerks release… Last year, DD had “Need U (100%)” and that was okay, but I never IC’d it. I dunno if I’ll have AL for this; what’s up with tha slow songs? 121 BPM; really? >>> Sounds like good soulful vocals, but it’s remaking Whitney Houston “My Love Is Your Love”, a lil’ bit, with this vibe (and, “I spent it with you” and tha “really don’t matter”); yuck… Wrong world, here; go to tha R&B world! My God, such a rip-off at 1:54; sounds a whole lot like Whitney, but damn, total dickriding? Come up with some original lyrics, like Duke says, “100%!” My Rating: 2.1


16. Neon Trees “Sleeping With A Friend (Kat Krazy Radio Edit)”
Mercury / IDJ release. Damn, no more drops or IDS luv, PO? Looks like tha HMs are takin’ over; no AL… >>> Music’s better than some of tha shit that’s been on here, though I usually have low interest for NT… Tha drop at least has some quality, but where’s tha dance music when you need it? My Rating: 3.1


17. Malea “Give (Promise Land Radio Edit)”
Wow, finally, a dance song, and self-released (label: Malea)?! *Drops dead* Ahh…! Hope it’s a hot chick/good song, so high AL, here! >>> Back to our slow starts? Anticipatin’ this music and these vocals… Ehh @ tha chorus music; why does it sounds like DS claps? I hate that I keep complainin’ with almost every song, so far… Drop’s okay, but I think it’s PL’s typical sound… Also, not too much a fan of all tha title parts bein’ said, back to back… Music could be way better throughout tha verses and chorus; sick of this slow shit, all tha time! My Rating: 3.8


18. Mat Zo Feat. Rachel K Collier “Only For You”
*See tha 114 BPM and dies inside* Ugh… Astralwerks / Capitol release; what’s next? >>> Music sounds like a watered-down version of Moony’s 2002 song, “Dove (I’ll Be Loving You)”; gay!! What’s with all these ripoffs and slow songs? Vocals are nice, but how haven’t I taken a nap, yet? I kinda dig MZ, and don’t mind when he comes on MCE, but keep slow shit like this there. This iz startin’ to sound like an acceptable song with its slow vibe, but it’s too slow fa this PO. My Rating: 3.0


19. Ivan Gough & Jebu “NOXU”
When PO has no Spinnin’ songs, here, at least there’s Size Records, again!! Watch this blow tha whole PO (except Max V) out tha water!! High AL on this expected IDS song!! >>> At least there’s excitement, at tha moment; tha chorus sounds like a club style, once again, but at least this IDS vibe can put some positive vibes into my brain… Startin’ to pick up around 1:17 with that violin… Even more catchy beats at 1:33; trance?! Intensity; sounds like tha world’s comin’ to an end!! Luv those kinda intense vibes!! My Rating: 4.6


20. Guy Sebastian “Like A Drum (Stefan Dabruck Remix Edit)”
I think this gon be either really good or really bad, before I even check tha ID… Lemme slowly reveal it… *Checks BPM* 128. *Checks label* RCA—fuck, a HM! *Checks title* And, I’m gonna throw up!! It’s a repeat song from tha previous PO! MCD goes and gets a Mike Rizzo Funk Generation mix, but PO can’t even pull it off, twice? >>> I love how tha beat intro has an intense, dark feel, and it’s this shitty song! Ahh, why tha great sounds durin’ tha 1st verse? Strong music durin’ tha chorus, too; ahh, guilty pleasure! Once again, we got anotha club drop, here; guess this tha PO Club Meets HM edition? Good sound, though it got cheesy toward tha near-end… My Rating: 3.5 (decent effort)


Overall: That PO made me real shot, just now. Could’ve been exciting, but there were way too many HMs, a bunch of slow-soundin’ songs, and not enough true dance songs. Funny how we get tha HUGE Max V song, right away, and then, tha edition fails to capture that excitement. Oh well; I hope this tha end of tha shitty vibes, as if I get a job, tha songs’ll prolly have moments, again!


Rankings:

20.       American Authors “Best Day Of My Life (Gazzo Radio Edit)” 1.2
19.       Miley Cyrus “Adore You (Miley Cyrus vs. Cedric Gervais Remix Edit)” 2.0
18.       Duke Dumont Feat. Jax Jones “I Got U” 2.1
17.       Avicii Feat. Audra Mae “Addicted To You (David Guetta Remix Radio Edit)” 2.3
16.       Mat Zo Feat. Rachel K Collier “Only For You” 3.0
15.       Neon Trees “Sleeping With A Friend (Kat Krazy Radio Edit)” 3.1
14.       Afrojack vs. Thirty Seconds To Mars “Do Or Die” 3.2
13.       Paramore “Ain’t It Fun (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 3.4
12.       Guy Sebastian “Like A Drum (Stefan Dabruck Remix Edit)” 3.5
11.        A Great Big World Feat. Christina Aguilera “Say Something (Riddler Remix Edit)” 3.6
10.       Shakira Feat. Rihanna “Can’t Remember To Forget You (Starkillers Radio Remix)” 3.7 - #15 – 10: Neva seen so many HMs back to back, smh!
09.       Malea “Give (Promise Land Radio Edit)” 3.8
08.       Christina Perri “Human (EDX Radio Edit)” 3.9
07.       Deep Dish “Quincy” 4.0
06.       TJR Feat. Benji Madden “Come Back Down” 4.3 – Only think I have an official Top 6 for my true rankings, sadly
05.       Cole Plante with Myon & Shane 54 Feat. Ruby O’Dell “If I Fall” 4.4
04.       Ivan Gough & Jebu “NOXU” 4.6
03.   Myon & Shane 54 with Late Night Alumni “Under Your Cloud” 4.6
02.   The Chainsmokers Feat. Alexis Killacam “#Selfie” 4.7 – Would’ve been rated lower if I didn’t have a superstorm of shit moments happen with me, last month
01.   Max Vangeli “Last Night Changed It All” 5.0 - Of course #1, though I didn’t think it’d be this easy!!


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              70.4
Total Songs:              / 20
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.5