FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Review #1,401: Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2014

Reviewed on 5.24.2014 (Review #1,401)


Time for tha Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2014 review. I have a feelin’ I should’ve made this one live than tha previous one, after lookin’ at tha tracklisting. I think this gon be weird, but there looks like there’s some official AL, here and there. Also, this came in tha mail on Monday, but they burned tha shitty May disc, by accident! Now, I got it, and before my playlist comes out tomorrow, I gotta get this over with! Start Time: 6:07 PM | End Time: 9:04 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2014 CD Review (Review #1,401) reviewed on 5.24.2014 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. R3hab Feat. Eva Simons “Unstoppable”
From two labels: Pepsi (lol, guess this really gon be big?) & RPM. Got a snippet of it after it bein’ added on P105. I think this gon remind me of Borgeous “Invincible”, hence tha “le” at tha end of tha title, too. Lemme give it an official, full listen now… >>> Sounds pretty hot; seems like tha listen’s better on here than when I sample it on YT, just like with “Invincible”… I prolly just waited ‘til here for tha right moment… Likin’ that “fireball” part in tha chorus! Nice build-up; whoo, Summer!! Gotta respect tha drop; let’s hope this does good with me! Finally, “Invincible”’s pickin’ up more spins with me; took long enough, lol… My Rating: 4.5 (gave it that “Invincible” rating, lol)


02. David Guetta & Showtek Feat. Vassy “Bad”
Off tha Big Beat label (no mainstream pop label this time, lol?)… Got a FL after P105 got it, and I was really disappointed in tha vocals; they didn’t even seem real. Here goes my full review… >>> Music sounds pretty hot, but tha vocals are so pitched up and shit, it’s not even Vassy’s real voice. It even sounds like a remake on tha lyrics… Oh, hearin’ that Showtek part around :46 and it’s pretty hot! I gotta work around these really fucked-up vocals, though… A better listen, here; maybe, I’ll start off slow with it on my playlist… My Rating: 3.7


03. Ariana & The Rose “In Your Bed (Project 46 Radio Edit)”
Just like their last release, from tha Pookiebird label. Surprisingly, “Heartbeat” didn’t do excellent with me. Not to mention, it had one of tha scariest first spins with me, as my car stalled out on a hill, and I had to drive down it backwards (to get near my house)! Goin’ 10 MPH, barely turning, dodging stop signs and some people. That might’ve wounded it, but also, I got tha job right after, so times were changin’… But, I’m interested in hearin’ what this gon sound like! >>> Interestin’-soundin’ music on tha 1st verse, here; feelin’ her vocals, once again. Hearin’ tha chorus and it’s soundin’ interestin’; interestin’ kinda topic with bein’ “in your bed” and not bein’ “yours!” Even has that “din-din-din-din” growin’ beat, like tha old D5 times… And, it even has a pretty nice drop… Funny how when reviewin’ this, I was gonna write, “tha verse,” and not, “tha 1st verse.” Guess I had a psychic feeling? It only has one verse (or, iz that two verses back to back?)… Either way, nice lil’ short song. My Rating: 4.0


04. Klingande Feat. Lucie Decarne “Jubel”
Ultra on tha signin’… Not sure what to expect wit a 124 BPM song; seems like I gon be disappointed… >>> LOL, guess not bad; a pretty nice, younger version of Nadia Ali start, on tha vocals? Now, it’s addin’ some saxophone, lite FM-like sound in it, lol. Nice, warped-soundin’ beat… Nice lil’ sneaky vocal, too… Sounds like a good IDS song, but a lil’ strange wit tha saxophone, at times. I dunno… More of those beginning vocals at 1:50. At least this iz a lil’ interesting? My Rating: 3.9


05. Bingo Players Feat. Kim Viera “Knock You Out”
From tha mainstream labels, Priority Records & Capitol Records. Not sure if you heard (which I found out from tha Grammy’s or somewhere online), but one of tha Bingo Players died of cancer, late last year. :( Hate to hear of dance musicians dyin’… Either way, MCD got this recently; sounds like a good dance song, so here goes my review! >>> Oh yeah, it’s been a while since that FL (guess work makes time seem like it flies by). Vocals sound like a different version of Sia, and tha music’s pretty nice on tha chorus! Nice music durin’ tha verses, too… Yup: “I get stronger every day!” FYI: I got a raise within 34 dayz of bein’ at DnD!! They luv my personality!! Gotta luv that energy in tha vocals, on tha chorus: “Boom, boom, knock you out!!” Ouch, in a great way, lol! Wow, ended kinda quick? Lots of short songs, these dayz! My Current Rating: 4.5


06. Ummet Ozcan “Raise Your Hands”
A Spinnin’ song! They were M.I.A. for two issues and now, Spinnin’s back! Sampled this song, but didn’t IC it right away ‘cause I was still enjoyin’ “Revolution”. But, I think it might be time ta get ta hear/play this one! Here goes anotha listen… >>> Nice beginning start, and tha music sounds like tha heat iz here! Pretty slammin’ at :38, too!! Oh, would’ve been an instant add, but I think with work in tha way, I’m afraid of havin’ too many songs, and not doin’ much with ‘em/not enjoyin’ ‘em enough. Whoo @ tha drop; seems like a great PO, so far!! Kinda reminds me a lil’ bit of La Fuente “Matador”, from one year ago’s June edition! LOL, good thing I checked out tha “Revolution” video start ‘cause I thought his name was pronounced like “ocean;” it’s “Oz-can,” lol. Looks so hard, but sounds so easy, lol? Real nice rating from me, this time! My Rating: 4.8


07. The Funked Up Brothers Feat. Sophia May “Real Love (Dark Intensity Radio Edit)”
From tha Tazmania label; funny how both Bellatrax & Sophia May appear on this CD! I think that’s interesting; high AL, here! >>> And, tha heat continues! Nice start from DI on tha music & SM on tha hot vocals!! Last year, with tha “Anywhere With You” song (which PO didn’t give DI credit as tha main artist. I had to go on SI’s Facebook to find out that it was DI’s song, featuring), both DI & SM followed me on Twitter, at tha same time, when I tweeted to them that it made my playlist! I’m sure they’ll appreciate tha luv, here! Chorus sounds pretty hot; doesn’t sound like tha heat wants to stop, here!! Feelin’ tha lil’ drop part at 1:16, includin’ that you can hear tha dance BPMs! I dunno why, but I didn’t think this was gonna be as great as I thought it was gonna be! I guess DI surprises me, at times! I like Ummet’s song better, but this iz good enough to go right under him, in a tie-breaker! My Rating: 4.8


08. One Direction “You & I (Big Payno Remix)”
Columbia Records. *Sarcastic voice* Ooh, two songs in a row, I rated 4.8!! Can this be 3x a charm, L-O-L?! Just playin’! Guess this’ll be a “Big Payne”, like tha remixer’s name? >>> I had a feeling it wasn’t gonna be terrible; there’s a lil’ bit of effort, here… Of course, tha beat slams at 1:00; decent effort for OD… While blushing, I have to say, tha vocal part at 2:49’s pretty tight. Sounds like good pop, lol! My Rating: 4.1


09. Example “Kids Again”
LOL @ tha title; follow-up to “Kids”, lol? Just playin’! Ultra on tha signin’… Little did I know, after google-searching, Example has tha same diagnose as me: Asperger’s Syndrome, a form of autism! Not to mention, his birthday’s tha day before mine! Anyway, lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this! Did he get his changed “kiss,” now, lol? >>> Almost always sounds like a different approach wit tha vocals, every time I hear a new song from him. Tha music’s pretty nice, and tha chorus’ pretty true, too. I feel like I’m always young! Whether I’m almost 26 or not, I’ll always seem like a 19-year-old! Nice music after tha chorus, too; talk about hotness, once again! “We don’t need Nintendos”? Oh yes, I do, when doin’ these reviewz, lol! Reviewz are prolly tha only time I get to play video games… Anotha nice song on this CD; keep ‘em comin’, though I think it gon get weird, soon! My Rating: 4.4


10. Skrillex w/Kill The Noise, Fatman Scoop & Michael Angelakos “Recess”
Big Beat & Atlantic Records in tha building! And, what HOTNESS…
……….
………
……..
…….
……
…..
….
..
.
HOT GARBAGE THIS IZ!!! At times, I think MCD wants to try and sell out by gettin’ some MCE artists! It’s like, what were they thinkin’? Am I at school again with this title? Also, who would’ve thought Fatman Scoop would be on a PO? DS or iz it? 104 BPM; ain’t it ‘pose to be 70? Doesn’t really fit this CD. Tha vocals would be cool in tha beginning if it was a DnB song, but not this slow shit… Beats can be cool, but it ain’t dance music; keep it in tha DS world, fulla brainwashed, white teenagers, lol! I do have to say that this iz more tolerable than most of tha shit on tha previous PO… Reviewin’ it, it’s not as terrible as I thought; might even qualify for a 3.0! My Current Rating: 3.2


½time: Wow, pretty hot PO, so far! And, “Recess” iz my lowest-rated song, so far? Plus, lots of high ratings! Really enjoyin’ this CD, after bein’ confused with tha previous PO! A 4.2 for tha CD rating, currently; let’s keep it goin’, hopefully!!


11. Katy Perry “Birthday (Cash Cash Radio Mix)”
Capitol Records. Heard tha original yesterday, and I thought it was a lil’ cheesy. Kinda reminds me of “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”, her song from three years ago. Let’s see if a remix’s worth it… >>> Bad start fa me; complete rip-off of Madeon’s style (their remix of Martin Solveig “The Night Out”, or their song, “The City”, both from 2012)… Oh, what a “sweet” chorus!! Ooooooohhhhh—nah! C’mon, Cash Cash, with tha drop; what were y’all thinkin’? Rippin’ Madeon’s style off! Not terrible, but not too good of a rating, due to ripping off Madeon… My Rating: 2.8


12. Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman x Steve Angello “Payback”
From Steve Angello’s Size Records, but also, mainstream label, Columbia Records! *Takes a deep breath* Oh, this must be anticipating!! I already get luv from both DV & Wyman on Twitter, thanx to me supportin’ their song with AN21 (“Rebel”; 2/14 PO)! And, I guess this tha new way of IDing tha “and,” with an “X”? Let’s hear this!! >>> Just as I expected for tha start!! Whoo, seems like anotha dimension with this tight beat/music!!! Really feelin’ tha music on tha chorus!! Shit-fuckin’-yeah!!! Oh, Katy Perry, this iz more like a “birthday” present, lol!! Even tha drop at 1:03’s pretty nice, too; intensity, strength and energy!!! And, 2:28 sounds like tha intense part with “Rebel”, where it sounded like tha world was gonna end!! Which, ironically, I was goin’ for a job interview on March 18. When I was comin’ home, a car spun out in front of me, doin’ a donut on tha highway! Scary shit; I sped up to pass it, and it later passed me in tha other lane! And, guess what song came on right after, on shuffle? “Rebel”; end of tha world!! But, this tightness deserves a **PERFECT RATING** from me; no filler, here!! My Rating: 5.0 (whoo!!!!! “Last Night Changed It All” got a perfect rating and now, this! Talk about Size Records bein’ consistent!!)


13. Idina Menzel “Let It Go (Dave Audé Radio Remix)”
A lil’ bit of Walt Disney on tha label, here. Had no idea what this song was, and even saw it in tha Top 10 on tha Billboard pop charts… However, after they were singin’ this at work, I caught tha vocals on at work, and was like, “Oh, so this iz what that ‘Let It Go’ song iz?” I think this gon be catchy, with my backflippin’ remixer on tha remix!! >>> Finally hearin’ tha vocals clearly, and it sounds like a nice dance artist from tha UK, on tha vocals; talk about unique vibes? Music could be a lil’ catchier on tha verses, though… Music on tha chorus sounds better; that’s more like it, DA! Calm chorus? Thought there was screamin’ vocals? Guess they’re near tha end? At 3:11, that’s tha vocal part I heard (final chorus); catchiness, though I thought this would be a lil’ catchier, throughout tha beginning… Oh yeah, when I’d hear that 3:11 part, at work, I originally was like, “What iz this song that has vocals like Antoine Clamaran & Fenja ‘This Is My Goodbye’?,” lol! My Rating: 3.8


14. Chromeo “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)”
LOL @ PO on tha back cover; Microsoft Word’s apostrophe comes out messed up (it even does that when I open a document up on my Mac)! Signed with Big Beat & Atlantic Records for this release, I have known about this “band” for 10 years, now. They started on MCE with mysterious-soundin’ music. Now, they’re more “electronic alternative.” I think this iz a good summer song; it’s always on MCU (tha college alternative MC channel). Still, kinda contradictin’ one of tha members’ names? One of tha dude’s names from Chromeo’s called P-Thugg; not so thuggy, here? Anyway, good vibes on tha chorus. Music’s upbeat, but it’s good for crossover; I don’t think it fits tha dance world, too much… I don’t think I’ll play this that much, since it’s been on 100’s of times, before I could even play it. But, though it’s an awkward surprise to be on here, it’s good for a rating. My Current Rating: 4.3 (lol)


15. Kat Dahlia “Crazy (Shift K3Y Remix Edit)”
Epic Records, here. MCPR (Pop Rhythmic) got this first and I almost thought it was tha “Put Your Graffiti On Me” chick. It’s a new chick, and with this “Shift” button (lol) on tha remix, let’s see what we got for a remix, here… >>> Not too “crazy” about it, so far, though I like this UK-soundin’ music (Disclosure-like). Nice bass at 1:12, but damn, a DS breakdown? I hate when it slows down like that, in a dance song/remix… Either way, really mixed for me… It may pick up, like, 15 or less spins from me, or somethin’… My Rating: 3.3


16. My Crazy Girlfriend “Crazy Stupid Love (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)”
Anotha “crazy” song, lol. Capitol Records, just like their previous release. MCD got it, but outta a month, I only saw it twice, on there. KTU & Z100 even has this; crossin’ over? I think I like their “middle finger” song better, lol! >>> Bad remix start; really, JS? Not too into this, and tha drop ain’t cuttin’ it, either. Decent; that’s all. LOL @ my short review. My Rating: 3.0


17. Alistair Albrecht & Steven Cole Feat. Matt Heanes “Reaching The Headlights (Bellatrax Radio Edit)”
Also on tha Tazmania label; “I Can’t Help Myself”ness, lol! Let’s hope Bellatrax kept his unique sound style and that this turns out to be great for a male-vocal song! >>> Vocals sound like deep house, like that whole last PO. Hearin’ tha music and it has some hot music sounds, here and there… Here comes tha drop… A good dance sound; glad you’re back, Mr. Bellatrax! For a deep house-soundin’ vocal, this iz more where it’s at! Can’t believe how shitty that previous PO was, lol! And, those songs keep comin’ on in my head, at work (“Waves”, “My Love” and others). Lookin’ forward ta playin’ this one, fa some reason! Just has those good vibes with tha music; let’s hope for an active summer, even though I’m gonna be workin’ 42/6 (42 hours a week)! My Rating: 4.5


18. Guerra Guerra vs. Atellagali Feat. Robbie Elias “Forever”
Really diggin’ all tha names on this CD ! ANG (NHI) on tha label, here… Likin’ how “Gali” iz a part of one of tha names, here (like tha “I’m Alive” Gali I was always tweetin’)! But, I wonder what this gon sound like? Either, it’s a repeatin’, house-sampled song, or an IDS… >>> Vocals, here; sounds like a regular dance song, so far… Beats sound nice and new… Tha chorus sounds nice, too; really feelin’ tha unique music, too! Whoo @ tha drop comin’ outta nowhere, at 1:15; nice! And, just like tha Example song, I feel like “I just wanna be young forever;” always! My Rating: 4.3


19. Iggy Azalea Feat. Charli XCX “Fancy (GTA Radio Edit)”
I was surprised this crossed over, so much; #2 on tha Billboard pop charts! We were talkin’ so much, to tha point where you couldn’t even tell when this and Chromeo were playin’… But, also, when I was in Philly, I actually got high (rare moment, lol; only has happened twice in my life, so far) & when this original version came on in my car, it sounded excellent! Glad C-XCX’s gettin’ more exposure after tha Icona Pop song. But, why’d MCD & PO get this mix? Slow-ass 100 BPM? Sounds like an ultimix with tha intro and outro… Oh yea, Iggy was from tha Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas “Beat Down” song, from tha 7/12 PO; that was when I first heard her. She’s gotten more exposure in tha rap world since, even though she’s from Australia. But, I can enjoy this song, especially tha chorus, but this mix’s just a remix; not really a dance remix… But, I guess, in my lazy, too-less-time-to-play-music times, I’ll just replace tha original version with this, on my playlist. I dunno why, but that lil’ drop sounds exciting, at times; weird. My Current Rating: 4.2


20. Dawin “Just Girly Things”
Again, MCD, why? Maybe, “Fancy” could’ve been on MCE, but WTF’s this shit?! Casablanca & Republic on tha signing, and 94 BPM. Caught a lil’ on MCD, and literally shut it off fast. Hate to even know what I’m gonna say with tha review… >>> Just sounds like bullshit pop music, in tha beginning… WTF @ tha drop?? Guess this iz POEDM now, not PODR…? A lil’ weird effort at 1:02, but still, wrong genre? Tha chorus sounds like a reggae vocalist, now… “D-A-W-I-N,” with an F-A-I-L!! My Current Rating: 1.5


21. Steve Aoki Feat. Waka Flocka Flame “Rage The Night Away”
Ultra, of course. Though Waka’s style and look looks like it would be #1-charting with me, I dunno, I neva have been too crazy about him, at times. He’s done okay with me, but that’s about it. He came up in 2010 and even became a one-hit-wonder toward tha end of ’10. Anyway, MCD just got this; I wonder how this gon sound? I predict just a semi-rapped chorus, house style, with drops? >>> Likin’ tha start; I like tha “get high right now” part. This iz more rappin’ than I thought. Sounds pretty hot with tha beat, though some of tha rhymes can be “1D,” as my P105 friend from back in tha day says. Meaning, they don’t talk about much. LOL/whoa @ tha chorus, between tha beats and tha random Waka vocals! More rhymes than I thought. Great drop and err-thang, but rappers, WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO HAVE “MONEY” IN IT?!? Not good, especially to introduce a drop (“make yo money stack”)?! Who would’ve thought Waka would be on a PO? Tha 2nd verse sounds better than tha 1st verse; pretty insane!! Pretty crazy!! Some of tha rhymes were ehh, but for tha most part, tha tightness was there! My Rating: 4.4


Overall: Aight, I usually go to sleep at 10, and I even have a 10-hour day tomorrow, at work (covering an extra three hours). I even have to do my playlist tomorrow night (off Monday, luckily), so I had to review this before tha week ended. Either way, I thought this was a pretty hot PO! A lil’ mixed-up toward tha end, but so many hot summer anthems, already! Lookin’ forward to playin’ many songs off this CD! Oh, I knew I should’ve waited to do tha live review wit this one… But, I’m glad I humiliated tha previous one, lol!


Rankings:

21.       Dawin “Just Girly Things” 1.5
20.       Katy Perry “Birthday (Cash Cash Radio Mix)” 2.8
19.       My Crazy Girlfriend “Crazy Stupid Love (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)” 3.0
18.       Skrillex w/Kill The Noise, Fatman Scoop & Michael Angelakos “Recess” 3.2
17.       Kat Dahlia “Crazy (Shift K3Y Remix Edit)” 3.3
16.       David Guetta & Showtek Feat. Vassy “Bad” 3.7
15.       Idina Menzel “Let It Go (Dave Audé Radio Remix)” 3.8
14.       Klingande Feat. Lucie Decarne “Jubel” 3.9
13.       Ariana & The Rose “In Your Bed (Project 46 Radio Edit)” 4.0
12.       One Direction “You & I (Big Payno Remix)” 4.1 (can’t believe they beat A&TR)
11.        Iggy Azalea Feat. Charli XCX “Fancy (GTA Radio Edit)” 4.2
10.       Chromeo “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” 4.3
09.       Guerra Guerra vs. Atellagali Feat. Robbie Elias “Forever” 4.3
08.       Example “Kids Again” 4.4
07.       Steve Aoki Feat. Waka Flocka Flame “Rage The Night Away” 4.4
06.       Alistair Albrecht & Steven Cole Feat. Matt Heanes “Reaching The Headlights (Bellatrax Radio Edit)” 4.5
05.       R3hab Feat. Eva Simons “Unstoppable” 4.5
04.       Bingo Players Feat. Kim Viera “Knock You Out” 4.5
03.   The Funked Up Brothers Feat. Sophia May “Real Love (Dark Intensity Radio Edit)” 4.8
02.   Ummet Ozcan “Raise Your Hands” 4.8
01.   Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman x Steve Angello “Payback” 5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              83.0
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0