FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Monday, September 15, 2014

Review #1,417: Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2014

Reviewed on 9.15.2014 (Review #1,417)


I finna review this Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2014… I’m really not much in a mood since I haven’t heard from my friend I always hung out with, since August 26. I’ve been really depressed lately, and what’s even more eye-bleeding iz that this PO’s October ’14; that’s his birthday, October 14!! How fuckin’ ironic?!? So, my anticipation for this CD’s confusing, but I guess I’ll just be happy to review this, in my own world?? Start Time: 6:58 PM | End Time: 8:45 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2014 CD Review (Review #1,417) reviewed on 9.15.2014 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Calvin Harris Feat. John Newman “Blame”
Of course, Columbia Records, here… Party 105 got it recently, but because I haven’t been hangin’ out, my add rate to my playlist’s at an all-time low, right now. :( So, this might take some time to consider… Not too much into tha vocals; “Feel The Love” was enough, it seemed like, and “Love Me Again” made JN a mainstream one-hit wonder… Drop’s nice, but if that’s tha only thing that gets credit from me, it might not be enough to do big with me. My Current Rating: 3.6


02. Alesso Feat. Tove Lo “Heroes”
Again @ #02 on PO, back to back editions… Def Jam helpin’ him out again, and we got our girl who loves to “stay high” on tha vocals, lol! Music Choice Dance got, and I was just waitin’ for PO to add it… Feelin’ her vocals on this track, includin’ tha lyrics; nice and pure, even though I feel like a loser, at tha moment! FYI: Tha #1 “hero” in my friend’s life’s me! Tha chorus definitely says it best! Too bad he keeps ignorin’ me for no reason! “I need space?” No need to lose your consistency/motivation!! But yeah, nice drop and excellent lyrics!! Hearin’ tha drop for tha 2nd time and it’s puttin’ me in a great mood! Even though I’m upset, I just gotta keep thinkin’ positive! Keep workin’ and keep buildin’ tha anticipation up ‘til I hang out again! My Current Rating: 4.4


03. R3hab & Nervo Feat. Ayah Marar “Ready For The Weekend”
Looks like a great collaboration… Spinnin’ Records, here! Too bad tha title’s a lil’ after its time, at tha moment, as my “weekend”s are boring, since I’m not hangin’ out! :( >>> Great vocals and lyrics, even though I like “Heroes” better… “I’ve been workin’ overtime;” I think, outta my 25 weeks of working, only, maybe, five didn’t have “overtime!” I’m a hard worker!! Great lyrics, and excellent chorus!! “You gotta let your heart decide;” my heart bleeds and pumps so much, when I try to engage in hangin’ out! However, my friend’s nowhere to be found! Sounds like anotha excellent track; really diggin’ it!! Oh, I just wanna keep listenin’ to my “heart,” like Ayah says!! Givin’ this a high rating ‘cause of how jealous I am of tha lyrics, at tha moment!! My Rating: 4.6


04. Ferry Corsten Feat. Nat Dunn “Hyper Love”
Anotha song that looks like it gon be pretty hot… Off tha Flashlover label (never heard it), let’s see what FC brought to tha table, here… Still surprised that Z100 played “Many Ways”, lol! >>> Also, anotha song with a nice start to tha lyrics with tha “countdown!” Feelin’ tha start, here; surprised this PO’s been so good, with these mainstream artists! Nice music on tha chorus, includin’ that voice effect where you ta-a-a-a-lk-k-k-k, and you jab your heart to make it skip, LMAO!! A decent drop here, too, though I was diggin’ tha other drops on this CD better. Even got a “countdown” in tha background of tha 2nd verse; pretty nice! Really diggin’ these beats throughout tha 2nd verse! My Rating: 4.3


05. The Magician Feat. Years & Years “Sunlight”
Likin’ tha title, as it reminds me of vocal trance, but tha 122 BPM makes me believe this iz deep house! Off tha FFRR (Full Frequency Range Recordings) label, as well as mainstream label, Warner Bros., I’m not lookin’ forward to this! I don’t even like tha artist ID, despite never hearin’ it… >>> Oh, that beat start just kills me with its slowness! Vocals sound like an artist like fun., a lil’, like an alternative artist? Tha title part’s pretty nice with this music on tha chorus. Then again, I’m not gonna die for this… Jamiroquai-soundin’ on tha vocals, too? Not tha shittiest DH song, but it don’t qualify for die-hard quality, for me… My Rating: 2.9


06. Kyla La Grange “Cut Your Teeth (Kygo Radio Edit)”
ROFL @ this! Ultra on tha signin’, here… I dunno what you gon get outta me with 100 BPM, PO…! >>> Really nice vocals to start this off… Beats sound like it could be under that deep house category, only slower… Like, it could meet chillout, a lil’ bit… Can’t really bitch about this one, though it sounds like sadness that I’m goin’ through… Tha chorus sounds kinda funny with tha title? LOL? Really feelin’ tha beats at 1:08, though; nice! Too bad we’ll neva see 142-paced songs, anymore; would’ve sounded pretty nice with that! Speakin’ of, even my cousins like dance music now, but they like tha techno, 142 BPM shit that I used to hear! They even said, “I dunno why people don’t make it like this [142 BPM] anymore;” glad they feel my pain! But, I’m always here for dance music… Even though it sounds nice and funny at times, I think I like tha previous song on here better. This iz way too slow for me to take serious… My Rating: 2.4


07. John Legend “You & I (Nobody In The World) (R3hab Remix Edit)”
Diggin’ R3hab, but I’m really gettin’ sick of JL… Of course, Kanye’s G.O.O.D. Music label & mainstream label, Columbia Records, here… >>> Boring start… Ahh, here comes that tight music from R3hab on tha chorus… Still, I can’t take this too serious… Stop!! Quit it with tha tight beat sounds, R3hab!! Should’ve been that “Teeth” song, instead!! Ahh, tha drop’s tight, too!! Why on a JL song?! I can’t believe I’m diggin’ this; guilty pleasure!! Very generous rating from me, here…! My Rating: 4.0


08. Katy Perry “This Is How We Do (Eric Kupper Remix Edit)”
Glad to see a comeback from EK, but I dunno if I wanna anticipate KP on an EK remix… As always, Capitol Records… >>> Kinda what I predicted when I saw tha 124 BPM: Deep house, though it has a nice ‘90s vibe to it that I’m diggin’! LOL @ Katy and her “hood”-like lyrics/delivery… Funny how I’m diggin’ this; nice urban swag, Katy… LMAO @ tha dialect in this, durin’ tha bridge and near-end! Gotta dig this vibe with tha beat a whole lot! My Rating: 4.2


09. Cole Plante Feat. Brian Logan Dales & Brix “Before I’m Yours”
As tha previous releases, signed with Hollywood, here. Wow, “Lie To Me” was on PO a year ago, at this time (10/13); time flew? Either way, this’ll prolly be good…, I think? I dunno; might not have much anticipation fa this one… >>> Kinda sounds like a pop star… “Just like Aladdin, tha dark;” really? Totally Hollywood Records-like lyrics, here, maybe even for Disney! Nice vocals durin’ tha pre-chorus, though—oh wait, tha actual chorus… Really nice drop, too! Felt like I was givin’ my first listen to Myon & Shane 54 / Late Night Alumni “Under Your Cloud”!! Hearin’ tha 2nd verse, and we’re back to tha Disney-like lyrics… I can see this bein’ in a movie or somethin’ for Disney; pre-calling it? Hearin’ tha bridge and it has a dubstep vibe, like “Spectrum”; not bad… I still can’t escape this Disney-like vibe, though… My Rating: 4.3


10. Mike Mago & Dragonette “Outlines”
A new Spinnin’ song, but no anticipation for a 123 BPM song… >>> Music start’s on a DH level… Not really diggin’ tha vocals, here… Oh, I’m havin’ a depressing moment of hangin’ out, at tha moment; too many slow songs! Music could’ve been good ‘til that DH sound came on, in tha background of tha 2nd part of tha chorus… These DH-soundin’ songs are startin’ to become really bland bein’ on here… One PO song that wasn’t on here was Example “One More Day (Stay With Me)”; he did a nice job with that! Pure ‘90s sound! My Rating: 2.3


½time: What a hit/miss PO! Either it’s a shitty DH song, or it’s a nice song! I dunno what to say, here, except that tha CD rating for me’s at a 3.7… I do think that it gon get better from here, though!


11. Lilly Wood & Robin Schulz “Prayer In C (Robin Schulz Radio Edit)”
All I can say iz, wow, LMAO! Two 123 BPM songs in a row! Deep House wins?! MCD just got this, and… >>> Nice vocals and beats, but I ain’t gon have a heart race to hearin’ this! Goes good with not hangin’ out; an anti-“prayer?!” Might be my favorite of tha DH songs on here… My Rating: 3.5


12. Fuzztroniks “Rock This Party (Moto Blanco Radio Edit)”
Off tha Kaleidosphere label (never heard it)… MB on tha radio edit? Next! >>> LMAO: We’ve heard MB on remixes since I started reviewin’, back in tha winter of 2006, and they still have tha same-soundin’ beats! LOL, do they even know what a “drop” iz? Not really into this disco-soundin’ song… I swear, not hangin’ out or hearin’ from my friend’s really makin’ this PO turn to shit… Like, tha August CD was real great for me, for example! Tha tracklist was released before I started hangin’ out, but I did tha review after my first hangout. It really defined my summer and I felt tha positive energy it brought my summer! This? Sounds like I’m just livin’ in a shithole, and I actually am! My Rating: 1.9


13. Lokate Feat. Doctor & Bay C “Flow”
That FFRR label again, with Warner Bros.! Ahh, DH BPM of 122!! >>> A nice hip-hop vibe with tha beat, but it should just be considered UK rap, not US dance/deep house! A Jamaican vibe, too; been a minute since that’s been in dance music… LOL @ no drop… Would like this way better if tha beats were tighter, but this iz just plain for me; nothin’ special… My Rating: 2.5


14. Helena Feat. Shawnne Taylor “Levity”
Sony Music on tha signin’, here… Finally, some real dance music?!? Our “Live Your Life” (11/10) vocalist, as well as a “Colors” ’12 song that MCD had, exclusively… Should be a real-soundin’ dance song, here!! >>> An anticipatin’ start with tha beat, as well as tha vocals… Nice lyrics on tha chorus; all about freedom and feelin’ great! I can’t wait ‘til I love myself again! Sounds like a crazy drop; feelin’ it, in a way! Really diggin’ tha 2nd ½ of tha drop; wow!! And, tha music start to tha 2nd verse has a lil’ bit of a Romanian vibe to it!! Whoo, pure dance, here!! A strong 2nd verse, too; wow @ this!! My Rating: 4.5


15. Mary Lambert “Secrets (Fedde Le Grand Radio Edit)”
Capitol Records, here… No anticipation, as it’s a mainstream artist who was featured on Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Same Love”, song about gays gettin’ married and appreciatin’ their beliefs. Funny that ML’s here ‘cause my friend’s mom’s a lesbian! Did PO call it on pickin’ this, lol? >>> Of course, this had to sound dance/house-y to disguise tha one-hit wonder feature… Nice beats from FLG & tha chorus’ pretty nice. Ooh, diggin’ tha drop, too; good shit… Funny that gayness was mentioned in tha preview of this song ‘cause tha lyrics of this song kinda have that in it, a lil’ bit: “I don’t care if tha world knows what my secrets are…” A nice rating from me, but I don’t think I’m gonna be too into playin’ this, a lot… My Rating: 4.2


16. Olivia Somerlyn “Parachute (Jose Nunez Remix Edit)”
Jonas Group on tha label, here… Party 105 first got, but couldn’t appreciate an original version/take time to find a remix… MCD got this mix, too, but this really has a DH vibe in tha beat, despite it bein’ a lil’ faster than usual… Such dry music that I can fall asleep to! Now that I’m workin’, like, 11, 12, 13 dayz in a row, there’s no room for me to dwell off to mixshows, anymore! I can’t even appreciate tha vocals too much, here… Maybe, this can have great memories with me if I finally hang out again, but for now, it’s real dry… My Rating: 2.7


17. Magic! “Rude (Zedd Remix)”
ROFL @ tha shitness continuin’! I just wanna skip this!!
Latium & RCA Records on tha label, here. A good reggae song that crossed over, but keep it away from me! Not to mention, this title describes my friend, right now! First, he’s like, “Take your shoes off in my mom’s house (or wherever we hang out),” but then, you ignore me 100’s of times? That ain’t manners! That’s just plain “rude!” Also, talk about a way to really make it have a low rating from me: Zedd, how fuckin’ lazy are you on tha 2nd verse?! Stealin’ an old dance song’s beat for tha whole 2nd verse?! What tha hell was that?! My Current Rating: 1.3


18. Kosca Feat. Colleen Kelly “Running Out Of Time (Hyp3d Radio Mix)”
Talk about anticipation!! Finally, no throwin’ up and cryin’ all over tha place!! Pure label, Amathus Music, on tha signin’, of course! And, even got CK on tha vocals! Remember her from tha vocal trance song of Interstate & Colleen Kelly “Remember Me”, from late ’06 / early ’07? Glad they recruited her for this one!! Can’t wait to hear; my highest anticipation level for this CD!! >>> Kosca = Chris “The Greek” Panaghi & Josh Harris; I think an original version would be a lil’ better than a remix… Either way, still sounds decent with tha music, and tha vocals are pretty nice… And yeah, anotha title here, as this title says it all, between summer and hangin’ out. I had 98 songs leave my playlist recently ‘cause of a lack of hangin’ out. That’s tha most amount of songs that have left my playlist since December 31, 2008; ouch?! One of those songs was Kosca’s 3/14 PO release, “Let Me Hear The Music Play”; played that for five months, neva thinkin’ a lack of hangin’ out would kill it! I even posted a video of me on Facebook cryin’ ‘cause of all this; I love my playlist and wouldn’t wanna see it crash and burn! :( I hate to say it, but this iz gettin’ a lil’ boring; wish more was goin’ on with tha music… Could’ve been better; lemme research for more mixes, if so! My Rating: 3.7
EDIT: Peepin’ out tha original version on YouTube now… Exactly what I expected! Much better music!! Prolly would’ve gotten a 4.4 from me, if PO were to put tha original version on here! Ahh, shucks! Here’s tha link to tha original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKC5f-NBevw


19. Jeremih Feat. YG “Don’t Tell ‘Em (Zoo Station Radio Edit)”
ROFL @ this PO! From Kosca to this collab! My friend doesn’t listen to that much rap, but YG’s one of those current artists he likes; how funny that he’s on here! But yeah, I think this song made PO ‘cause it samples “Rhythm Is A Dancer”, on tha vocals, smh… Even a DH BPM of 122? Def Jam on tha label, here; I’m not too crazy about Jeremih and always thought he was a one-hit wonder for “Birthday Sex”, back in 2009! >>> A lil’ attempt of a ‘90s beat sound in tha beginning, but nothin’ for me. ROFL @ tha fast-ass title parts repeatin’! I dunno, do I even need to say anything about this? LOL, they even got YG’s part on here. Yeah, he a gangsta (I’ll call him that); younger than me, too! I like him and his music, though barely any of it made it to my playlist… Sounds good and funny on here; I don’t mind him, but overall, this whole entire track/remix doesn’t do it for me, seriously… My Rating: 2.0


20. Bastille “Bad Blood (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
LOL… Virgin Records & Capitol Records, here… Pretty sad when an alternative band’ll prolly have one of tha better-soundin’ songs on this CD… It premiered on tha Indie Music Choice channel a few months ago. They changed their format from all indie acts to basically, alternative music, so this wound up gettin’ dropped. Let’s see if a remix can revive it for me… >>> Anotha one-hit wonder, lol… I thought this would catch my interest pretty high, thinkin’ about DA’s remix to Meital’s “Give Us Back Love”, but no, not even close… Too boring and just a drop’s only gonna make me rate it its points… My Rating: 3.0


21. The Head Assembly Feat. Julissa Veloz “Tickle My ___ (Oliver Watts Remix)”
Really, PO? A fill-in-tha-blank to end this CD off? Funny, and I have no idea what to expect… I hope it gets me in an uplifting mood with its funny/explicitness? Carrillo Music on tha signin’, here… >>> Music start sounds like it just came on iPartyRadio or somethin’, like an online stream, with its loudness… Decent music, so far… Only a beginning part with words? Really, there’s a long drop with catchy music… Very random, here… Finally, some vocals at 1:36 and it sounds rapish; go, Julissa, lol… What are we ticklin’, here? An “ass”? Nice and random way to end this PO; at least it wasn’t shitty, like tha DH songs! My Rating: 4.2


Overall: I have to say, as shitty as it’s been with my friend ignorin’ me, I think that applied itself to this PO. This PO was pretty much terrible!! Way too many DH songs to ruin it!! That genre needs to not be so popular in dance music, right now! A few songs wound up bein’ big, but nothin’ that really strike-striked me… PO, you need to do some work and do even better research! I know you usually don’t disappoint with tha November editions, so I’m lookin’ forward to seein’ what you got for this November! Until then, I guess this CD predicts that I’ll have a shitty October 14 (my friend’s birthday)? We shall see… *Gulp!*


Rankings:

21.       Magic! “Rude (Zedd Remix)” 1.3
20.       Fuzztroniks “Rock This Party (Moto Blanco Radio Edit)” 1.9
19.       Jeremih Feat. YG “Don’t Tell ‘Em (Zoo Station Radio Edit)” 2.0
18.       Mike Mago & Dragonette “Outlines” 2.3
17.       Kyla La Grange “Cut Your Teeth (Kygo Radio Edit)” 2.4
16.       Lokate Feat. Doctor & Bay C “Flow” 2.5
15.       Olivia Somerlyn “Parachute (Jose Nunez Remix Edit)” 2.7
14.       The Magician Feat. Years & Years “Sunlight” 2.9
13.       Bastille “Bad Blood (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.0
12.       Lilly Wood & Robin Schulz “Prayer In C (Robin Schulz Radio Edit)” 3.5
11.        Calvin Harris Feat. John Newman “Blame” 3.6
10.       Kosca Feat. Colleen Kelly “Running Out Of Time (Hyp3d Radio Mix)” 3.7
09.       John Legend “You & I (Nobody In The World) (R3hab Remix Edit)” 4.0
08.       Mary Lambert “Secrets (Fedde Le Grand Radio Edit)” 4.2
07.       Katy Perry “This Is How We Do (Eric Kupper Remix Edit)” 4.2
06.       The Head Assembly Feat. Julissa Veloz “Tickle My ___ (Oliver Watts Remix)” 4.2
05.       Ferry Corsten Feat. Nat Dunn “Hyper Love” 4.3
04.       Cole Plante Feat. Brian Logan Dales & Brix “Before I’m Yours” 4.3
03.   Alesso Feat. Tove Lo “Heroes” 4.4
02.   Helena Feat. Shawnne Taylor “Levity” 4.5
01.   R3hab & Nervo Feat. Ayah Marar “Ready For The Weekend” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              70.5
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.4