FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, September 25, 2015

Review #1,480: Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2015

Reviewed on 9.25.2015 (Review #1,480)


Feelin’ great and excited for this next review! Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2015!! However, I have to say, between tha release of tha tracklist and when this CD arrived, I must’ve had tha roughest time! First, my co-workers burned my muffins while baking ‘em on tha 17th; bad vibes from my manager. Also, when people call off, I feel like I do all tha work at tha front counter by myself. Then, just two dayz later, my 94-year-old great-grandma passed away from a stroke; sad… So, it’s been rough, but I don’t think this edition’ll suck! Let’s see if I remember what this edition has to offer… Start Time: 6:51 PM | End Time: 8:40 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,480) reviewed on 9.25.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Sigala “Easy Love”
Here’s tha 1st joint from this edition… MOS (Ministry of Sound) on tha label, as an import—wow, I sound so dated sayin’ that classic term—and, at first, I wasn’t buyin’ tha Jackson 5 sample and it havin’ a sampled chorus. However, I’m really feelin’ tha catchy-ass beat throughout this!! Oh, havin’ some great news for tha fall; can’t wait for my reputation to continue boostin’!! I’m on someone’s podcast coming up this Tuesday, September 29, 2015, from 9:00 – 11:00 PM (EST); can’t wait! I’m valuable!! My Current Rating: 4.7


02. Avicii “For A Better Day”
Wait, Avicii makes music at 135 BPM?!? Shocking, especially for tha 2nd song on here!! Even though I prolly won’t have tha most anticipation fa Avicii, I’ll still think this prolly good… Here we are with PRMD, Island & Republic all on tha signin’, here! >>> A slow start with decent vocals, here… As for tha chorus, it ain’t too bad; just okay for me… Hearin’ tha beats kick in and it’s kinda dry, but still nice… Maybe, that sound on tha drop will catch on a lil’ more, later on?? Tha rest of this sounds kinda dry… I dunno about this one; might have to catch on later? Prolly’ll rate it a lil’ less than “Waiting For Love”, surprisingly! My Rating: 3.9


03. tyDi feat. Nash Overstreet “Tear Me Up”
Totally forgot that tyDi’s new song was on here, lol! Anyway, heard it on Music Choice Dance and it’s a nice follow-up to “Redefined”—can’t believe that song was from this year! Seems like so long ago! But yeah, Robbins on tha label; here goes my, like, 2nd listen… >>> Vocals are pretty catchy and so are these beats… I’m really diggin’ tha chorus a whole lot, and that drop’s so mechanically, digitally, fuckingly incredible, lol!!! Luv it!!! “Tear me up…!!!” My Rating: 4.5


04. DubVision feat. Emeni “I Found Your Heart (Vocal Radio Edit)”
Been a minute since there had been a “Vocal Radio Edit” on PO; seems like anotha type of throwback! But yeah, anyway, Spinnin’ on tha label, here; let’s hear this!! >>> A nice lil’ start and now, these smooth-soundin’ vocals ova this strong beat coming up! Definitely diggin’ tha chorus, here; real-hot soundin’!! Drop’s pretty hot; definitely feelin’ it!!! Like it a lot better than tha Don Diablo collaboration from earlier this year! My Rating: 4.6


05. Leona Lewis “Thunder (Danny Verde Radio Edit)”
Really anticipatin’ tha mix, here, includin’ LL and her “thunder!” Shout out to Def Jam, here! >>> Really addictive beat sounds in tha background of tha intro, here, lol; luv it! Also, nice beats throughout tha 1st verse, and LL has it on lock, here, with this song! Originally, a slow song, DV just turned this into a mega anthemic-soundin’ mix!! Luv tha chorus and strongest drop in a long while!! Kinda gives me that Meital Dohan feel/anticipation!! Huh, where’d tha 2nd drop go? Oh wait, a bridge before it; odd mix-up, but still great!! My Rating: 4.8


06. Lost Frequencies feat. Janieck Devy “Reality”
Here comes some DH with this “With” guy, lol! Ultra on tha label, here, also tha same length as tha 1st song… >>> A folk song? Low anticipation level, here… Tha chorus iz only decent, but I have a feelin’ this’ll be one of those unexpected, great memory-like songs… Overall, a decent song… My Rating: 3.6


07. Ed Sheeran “Photograph (Felix Jaehn Remix Edit)”
Anotha slowie, here, like, fa’real! Atlantic, here; how will this “Cheerleader” remixer do? >>> Dry and slow for a start, but tha BPMs sound better than “Cheerleader”, though tha beat sounds might’ve been a lil’ catchier? Drop sounds decent… My mom loves him and his music now reminds us of my late brother but also, his girlfriend. We have a 1:1,000,000 gift, right now, as my late brother’s girlfriend’s pregnant with his kid!! So exciting; due in December!! So, luckily, there’s no more sad times for my mom, luckily…! But, because of soft sadness and all that, songs like this aren’t really for me. So, it’s just a decent rating for me… My Rating: 3.1


08. Loveless feat. Varren Wade “They Don’t Know”
Anticipatin’ this one! Seven years ago, they had their collab with Amanda Wilson, “Found A Miracle”, off tha 7/08 PO and tha Groove Factory Studios label. Now, when I saw it on here, I was like, “Can’t be tha same label; that was ’06 – ’08 dayz!” So, here comes a resurrected label (Thrive)!! No wonder!! Excellent choice; banga #3 fa them this year?!? >>> Wasn’t sure which gender to expect on tha vocals, here; we have male vocals… Almost sounds like a familiar song, but it’s not… Beats kinda dry on tha 1st verse, here; let’s see how this continues… Hearin’ tha chorus and it’s kinda catchy, but more in an R&B way. Hearin’ this beat and it’s soundin’ nice and UK-y, like, breakbeat-y, like, Craig David-y, lol! Pretty catchy, though I thought it was gon be more on tha dance/house tip… As this continues to go on, I’m slowly feelin’ bored by this vibe… It ain’t a bad beat, but I guess this R&B vibe I’m gettin’s gettin’ to me… Slowly started to become pretty hot once it almost ended, as I was thinkin’ of my assistant manager! ;) My Rating: 3.7


09. Magnificence & Alec Maire feat. Brooke Forman “Heartbeat (Nicky Romero Edit)”
Diggin’ all tha names, here! Off tha Protocol label, let’s see how hot this gon be!! >>> Accidentally played tha intro to tha previous song and now, when I hear this, my anticipation’s buggin’ out!!! Really feelin’ this HOT vocal start and inescapable beats!!! Really feelin’ tha strong drop—yes, anotha huge one!!! Hot chorus and such a hot song, here!!! Much better than tha dry-like-my-throat “Lighthouse” from two POs ago, lol!! Not even his “Let Me Feel” song made a PO, but that’s gettin’ more exposure? Anyway, onto tha 2nd verse, here, and I’m definitely feelin’ it!! Oh, this iz so hot; can’t wait to play this!!! Okay, I’ll be generous with this rating, especially for tha great news at my job today!!! Dunn, dunn, dunn…!!! My Rating: 5.0


10. DJ Cassidy feat. Chromeo “Future Is Mine (Solidisco Remix)”
Oh no, this… Atlantic, here; MCD got tha original version and they had tha wrong song playing, lol. Then, this mix came and I have to say, I’m not feelin’ this at all! This kinda song would’ve been nice for tha previous review I did, live, where I would’ve bashed on a song! Ugh, really gay-soundin’ vocals, and tha beats don’t do anything for me. Say, “No!,” to anything with “disco” in it, now!!! Ugh, just waitin’ for it to end…!! Ewe @ tha club-like ending!!! EWE!!!!! My Current Rating: 1.2


11. The Magician “Together”
Cazzette song again? Almost thought that! Really diggin’ that song of theirs, now! Me and my hard-working ass, lol!! But, here’s tha magic tricks, lol!! Spinnin’ on tha label, here, anotha slowie!! Howeva, I’m anticipatin’ it; z…o…n…e…o…u…t…! >>> Ooh, we’re at a carnival with this beat intro, lol!! Hearin’ tha vocals and they’re only okay for me… Either way, diggin’ it for a UK sound… Hearin’ tha drop and shit and it sounds pretty nice; nice and unique sound/song, here!! How about this shit: That Tyler kid I hung out with last year, when he vanished on me, “Sunlight” was on tha 10/14 PO, and I had such a shitty review for it (though liked it later on)! Now, here’s Magician, again, on tha 10/15 PO! Much-betta livin’, now, despite two deaths this year! However, I know how ta handle my moments! But, I met this girl at my job and she always hung with Tyler this year. However, he just vanished on her, too!! What tha…?!? Fuuuuck?!? Venomous people; hugs hurt!! They’re so nostalgic!!! But, great sound, here, once again!! My Rating: 4.4


½time: I have ta say, I’m really likin’ this PO!! Been a minute since we’ve had a really-shitty song, but that means tha consistency’s been more-consistent than eva!!! But, overall, I’m really diggin’ this PO!! Average CD Rating: 4.0, right now!!


12. Skrillex & Diplo feat. AlunaGeorge “To Ü”
And, here’s them Jack Ü boyz… Not really anticipatin’ this, though, really, 160 BPM? Like, 80?? Anyway, OWSLA, Mad Decent & Atlantic on tha label, here… >>> Catchy-soundin’ beat start and I’m really diggin’ these “You Know You Like It” vocals!! Definitely sexy and beat-kickin’, here! Really diggin’ tha chorus and tha drop’s pretty nice! Beats still kickin’ fast like, really, 160 BPM!! Drop kinda reminds me of if my brother was alive, that’s what I’d be hearin’!! And, 2nd drop sounds more psychedelic! Can’t believe how much I’m likin’ this, right now!! I may not play it much, but a great rating from me, here! My Rating: 4.3


13. Volt & State “Sandcastles”
Here it comes!! Looks really anticipating!!! Here comes Protocol on tha label, again!!! >>> Wasn’t sure how to take tha beginning, but it’s givin’ me some “Rising Like The Sun” anticipation, here… I’ll say, this sounds like it’ll be real hot; can’t deny it! Really-hot climax and build-up, here!! Oh, just luvin’ tha strong beats, as always, with Track #13!! Even some added vocals in tha background, here; definitely killer!!! Luv it!!! Tha rest of this iz soundin’ pretty nice, too; great job!! My Rating: 4.5


14. Eddie Amador & Terri B! “Flesh & Bones”
You guys got me buggin’ out with tha repeat track number things, lol!!! I luv it!!! Track 13’s: Hot!; Track 14’s: Carrillo Music on tha label; Track 18’s: Amathus Music on tha label, lol!! But yeah, thanx fa makin’ my night with these track number things!! Can’t wait ta hear this, in a way!! >>> Really diggin’ tha instant beat start, here… Great to see him still pushin’, especially 2x this year (3 if you count “Get To L.A.” (Kelsey B) from tha 6/15 PO)! “Awake” was real hot and clubby, and this iz soundin’ like a unique follow-up! Diggin’ these vocals, a lil’, and tha beats continue to sound hot for me, includin’ tha chorus and all dat! LOL, just noticed this: Tha back cover says, “Eddie Amador & Terri B!,” while tha artist info says, “Eddie Amador, Terri B!,” with a comma! Good catch I made, right?!? Just like how catchy this sounds, at times!! My Rating: 4.3 (soooooo anticipated to rank these songs at tha end!!!)


15. Lany “ILYSB (Ferdinand Weber Edit)”
Have no idea what to expect, except that it’s 122 BPM with Spinnin’ on tha label (not no Spinnin’ Deep, despite tha BPM???)… Hmm, I Love You So B…? Don’t know what tha “B” gon be, but let’s see how close I was to guessin’ this right, lol! >>> Kinda a good deep-house beat start… Hearin’ these vocals and I almost thought it was gonna be a young, soul-soundin’ female! Hearin’ tha music and it’s soundin’ really great for a DH sound… I feel like I’m in an abandoned, underwater area (imagine that in tha future?!?)!! Hearin’ tha chorus and beat during tha chorus and it’s pretty weak… Tha chorus ain’t too bad with tha content, but tha “B” iz “Bad”; lol, I got an 80!! But yeah, really-exciting music during tha verses, a nice build-up, but then, weak, dry music during tha chorus… I mean, you can’t do much with a DH tempo? Or, yeah, you can: Secondcity “I Wanna Feel” had a great chorus vibe from tha 8/14 PO! My Rating: 4.0


16. Deniz Koyu & Amba Shepherd “The Way Out”
Wow, really anticipatin’ this one!! Oh yeah, #16’s used to always be my favorite, top-rated songs, mainly from ’07!!! I think we’re gonna have a close one, here, with Protocol on tha label!! Almost thought it was Denis Shepard as tha DJ, with this feature!!! >>> Really diggin’ this addictive intro; what powerful dance music we’ve got comin’ out, lately!! Kinda seems like tha sequel to Vicetone & Kat Nestel “No Way Out”, from tha 3/15 PO?! Like, we’ve found “tha way out,” especially since “No Way Out” was tha last song I played before I found out my brother died, and “The Way Out”’s equivalent to my brother’s kid bein’ born!! Anyway, good vibes provided great luck for tha drop, here; luv it!! Tha chorus was pure heat, and tha drop just transitioned this track to tha fullest!! So glad AS continues to do her thang, each year! Hope she sticks around for a long time!! My Rating: 4.7


17. ROMANS “Uh Huh (Markus Schulz Radio Edit)”
Neva heard of tha artist, though signed to tha major Def Jam, here… How they get a trance DJ to remix their song? Lemme hear! >>> Simple pro-tools-soundin’ intro, here, with how tha beat sound sounds pasted in, lol? I think I do a better job with distinctively keepin’ tha beat sound changin’! But, vocals are ehh, and tha beat’s pretty anticipatin’, after all! LOL @ tha chorus and title part, especially when tha drop slammed outta nowhere!!! Keepin’ it goin’ as tha beat stays strong and it sounds like a consistent verse? Tha beat now slowed down around 2:01 and it’s soundin’ like an okay verse. I honestly think this song’s playin’ with my mind as it wants me to enjoy it as much as possible! Uh, L…O…L…?!? That long chorus part played after tha hot drop, as well; odd? Either way, definitely feelin’ this one!! My Rating: 4.5 (oh!!! Oh, it got tha best of me!!!)


18. Don Diablo “On My Mind”
Instead of Spinnin’ Deep on tha label, here, it’s just Spinnin’; should be good, though… >>> Oh, of course I had a feelin’ I heard this before… And, here we are, feelin’ like 12, again, with my music taste debut! That’s where we heard Junior Jack “My Feeling”, throughout 2001! Oh, reminds me of playin’ Tony Hawk Pro Skater!! Luv my nostalgia!!! As for this, I’m actually diggin’ it for a dance vs. dance song; luvin’ tha versatile beats! MCD has a mixshow of DD on their channel, at times, so that’s prolly where I heard this from! My Rating: 4.3


19. Cash Cash feat. B.o.B., Busta Rhymes & Neon Hitch “Devil”
ROFL! Looks like they were tryna go pop with this one? Ain’t realize it was 145 BPM… Big Beat & Atlantic, here, and, lemme re-hear this… Of course, had to get into tha chorus with tha return of NH, fuckin’ with tha “devil,” lol! Almost thought it was, like, 70 BPM ‘cause of tha slow drop; that’s why I ain’t register 145 on tha BPM… And, they’re experimentin’ with rap and top-notch mainstream rappers, here… B.o.B. on tha 1st verse (not Busta, PO order), and it sounds nice to hear! I may’ve wanted to hear a full-on dance sound, but this iz still nice, in a different way. Whoo, it’s that speed with Bussa-Buss on tha 2nd verse, lol! Definitely diggin’ his fast-ass rappin’, compared to tha regular-soundin’ B.o.B. verse! Also, likin’ tha extra NH part before tha 3rd chorus! As I just stare at this picture of myself with one of my co-workers, Destiny, I feel like I’m gonna like this a lot more and wanna get to play it, lol! Go, Dest!! My Current Rating: 4.2


20. OMI “Hula Hoop”
Ultra & Columbia on tha label, here, since “Cheerleader” blew up for this summer, unexpectedly! However, heard a sample at my job and I have a feelin’ I’m not gonna like this at all, lol, smh! Like, not a dance artist and no mix on this!! >>> Kinda likin’ tha beginning and am feelin’ this 1st verse… Sounds a lil’ betta than I expected; only thang cheesy iz that title/chorus part!! Likin’ tha beat and tropical house sound to this, though; great sound… I’m definitely likin’ this a lot betta than “Cheerleader”, though, lol! My Rating: 3.4


21. Justin Bieber “What Do You Mean?”
Oh, man… Of course, this PO’s ending’s lookin’ like some extra songs that had to get out there! I “mean,” “what” about “Nothing Stopping Me” by Vicetone & Kat Nestel? That should be here! As for this, of course, maybe one of his best-soundin’ songs for a solo artist, but after a while, I think I wanna slap it like a whistlin’ fly on me! Speakin’ of, I had 70 baby ticks on me on Sunday!!! Tha day after my great-grandma passed; crazy!!! Long Island, NY, home of ticks?!? But yeah, ugh, tropical house sound in this beat! Watch how everyone’ll think it was this song that started it!!! Oh, that whistle just gets to me; it’s soooooooooooooooooo soft fa this Bieeeeeeeeeeeeberin’ Bieber!!! Can’t believe I was in NYC and I saw a van that said, “Bieber;” why?!? My Current Rating: 3.0


22. MizGin “If I Said I’m In Love (Suicide) (Riddler Radio Edit)”
Ooh, a new mix!! Thought tha original would do better with me, but I think now, this iz why this mix iz here! To rescue it! MCD just got tha original version, so I’m glad it’s gettin’ out there again! Of course, once again, Paper on tha label! >>> Definitely feelin’ this as a remix; great job, Riddler! Almost got me concerned after tha slowness of tha “2 Heads” joint (6/15 PO, just like this song’s original)! Nice lil’ build-up and an okay, dreamy-kinda drop, here… Almost thought this was gonna be a full-on house remix, but, here’s tha 1st verse of tha original… Oh, nice and mixed! Diggin’ tha pre-chorus part’s beat; nice change, Ridd!! Even got enough room fa tha 2nd verse, here… LOL, I almost expected a longer ending… Oh yeah, that kid Tyler’s birthday’s coming up (October 14th)! Wonder if I should add this on that day, for a special occasion? Like, him and his “suicidal” wayz of showin’ luv!! Ugh!! My Rating: 4.4


Overall: Wow, I was really diggin’ this CD a whole lot!!! And, even with my great-grandma passin’, there was still a perfect-rated song!!! Lots of huge and interesting bangerz on here!! Can’t wait to hear ‘em and play tha shit outta ‘em!! Somethin’ tells me I gon play these a lot more than tha previous PO, even though I loved those a lot more, statistically!!! Such excitement fa this fall; let’s hope tha moments continue ta grow from here!!!


Rankings:

22.       DJ Cassidy feat. Chromeo “Future Is Mine (Solidisco Remix)” 1.2
21.       Justin Bieber “What Do You Mean?” 3.0
20.       Ed Sheeran “Photograph (Felix Jaehn Remix Edit)” 3.1
19.       OMI “Hula Hoop” 3.4
18.       Lost Frequencies feat. Janieck Devy “Reality” 3.6
17.       Loveless feat. Varren Wade “They Don’t Know” 3.7
16.       Avicii “For A Better Day” 3.9
15.       Lany “ILYSB (Ferdinand Weber Edit)” 4.0 (15th! :( No!)
14.       Cash Cash feat. B.o.B., Busta Rhymes & Neon Hitch “Devil” 4.2
13.       Skrillex & Diplo feat. AlunaGeorge “To Ü” 4.3
12.       Don Diablo “On My Mind” 4.3
11.        Eddie Amador & Terri B! “Flesh & Bones” 4.3 (11th!!!)
10.       MizGin “If I Said I’m In Love (Suicide) (Riddler Radio Edit)” 4.4
09.       The Magician “Together” 4.4 (9th for a 4.4-rated song?!? Wow, high scores!!)
08.       Volt & State “Sandcastles” 4.5
07.       ROMANS “Uh Huh (Markus Schulz Radio Edit)” 4.5
06.       tyDi feat. Nash Overstreet “Tear Me Up” 4.5
05.       DubVision feat. Emeni “I Found Your Heart (Vocal Radio Edit)” 4.6
04.       Deniz Koyu & Amba Shepherd “The Way Out” 4.7
03.   Sigala “Easy Love” 4.7
02.   Leona Lewis “Thunder (Danny Verde Radio Edit)” 4.8
01.   Magnificence & Alec Maire feat. Brooke Forman “Heartbeat (Nicky Romero Edit)” 5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      89.1
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.1


LOL, tha previous October CD had one less song and’s score was 70.5, 18.6 less points!!! Average CD rating was only a 3.4!! I had two deaths this year, none last year!! I had so many great moments last year vs. this year, and this October’s was way better, lol!!! Luv tha PO fate!!!