FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Review #1,493: Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2016

Reviewed on 2.04.2016 (Review #1,493)


Yes!! It’s about that time again!! Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2016!! Can’t believe it’s February already!! Shout out to my boy, Infa Red, outta dat Jigga House Records; he 30 today! So, I’m quite honored to do this review on his birthday! Can’t wait to see what we got!! I have a feelin’ tha previous CD gon be better, but I’m surprised how underrated it’s been! Like, here’s all tha songs that still haven’t hit my outlets, yet:

04. Florian Picasso “Want It Back (Origami)”
05. Fono “Real Joy”
08. Mike Hawkins & Spencer Tarring “Burn The Maps”
09. Candyland feat. RKCB “Speechless”
11. Mark F. Angelo & Eric Lumiere “New Day”
14. Steve Angelo feat. The Presets “Remember”
17. EDX “Belong”
18. Sia “Alive (AFSHeeN Remix)”
19. Cedric Gervais feat. Juanes “Este Amor (Spanish)”
22. Kygo feat. Maty Noyes “Stay”

Like, dance-music outlets, wake up!! Start Time: 6:12 PM | End Time: 8:04 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2016 CD Review (Review #1,493) reviewed on 2.04.2016 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Tiësto & Oliver Heldens feat. Natalie La Rose “The Right Song”
Can’t believe it’s been a year this PO that I started gettin’ nice and in tha zone/fulla dat shit fa these reviewz! Since then, EVERY PO moment has been EUPHORIC!!! Just a Casablanca on tha label, here… Think I got a sample from it on YT but I think it was kinda dry…? >>> Sounds real hot for tha start, here… Definitely diggin’ tha unique vocals of this “Somebody”, lol… Really diggin’ tha deep house rhythm in tha beginning! And, even tha hook sounds hot! I think it just needed exposure with this PO appearance to make me like this more! Excellent, catchy deep house tune!! Great job with tha 2nd verse, too! Can’t believe how much I like this more on this listen, lol!! My Rating: 4.4


02. Cheat Codes “Say Goodbye”
I have a feelin’ this one gon really surprise me, and I’ll be surprised if it does!! Thrive on tha label, 129 BPM! LOL! >>> It’s an okay start; waitin’ for an exciting drop or somethin’… Oh yeah, definitely supa-hot here!!! Nice climax and nice drop! Likin’ tha climax just a touch better, but definitely a hot 2nd song on this PO!! Soundin’ like a hot 2nd verse, here; oh, God bless thee interesting!! Can’t believe I was right about tha surprised sounding!!! My Rating: 4.6


03. Borgeous feat. M.BRONX “Souls”
Ooh, lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this new one, off Spinnin’, of course! >>> Excellent-soundin’ slow start, here! Beats kickin’ in at :23 and it’s soundin’ like a hot dance track! Definitely diggin’ tha chorus and climax; whoo!! Great male-vocal song!!! Wow, just keeps gettin’ better!!! Excellent drop!! Excellent-produced track, as it progressively got better!! Luv how tha 2nd verse build up with its greatness, as well!! My Rating: 4.5


04. MORTEN feat. Frida Sundemo “Beautiful Heartbeat”
I know this may sound crazy, at tha moment, but I like Avicii’s remix tha best… Surprised that he made such a nice-soundin’ remix! Either way, with ICONS & PRMD, here, this original version ain’t too bad… A lil’ slow, but still nice vocals… Drop iz super dry and plain; can’t fuck wit it! Too deep house-y… My Rating: 3.7


05. Galantis “In My Head”
Luvin’ all tha new music, non-stop!! Big Beat & Atlantic, here, with a content warning…; let’s see what it do! >>> Kinda sounds a lil’ calm, here, with these vocals and beat… Once it gets to tha climax, it sounds much catchier… Really struck outta nowhere with tha chorus, here! Feelin’ its power! Nice lil’ drop, too! Full-on quality, here!! Kinda slow, at times, but mostly tight! My Rating: 4.3


06. Adele “When We Were Young (DiscoTech 2AM Radio Edit)”
It’s always exciting to work with someone who always sings outta nowhere! And, here’s where this song comes into play… Not that I think she qualifies for POs, at this 2016 time, but I think I can let it slide… XL & Columbia, here… >>> Likin’ tha slow beats for tha beginning, too… Weird to say, but I’m feelin’ it, easily… Definitely likin’ tha remixed music, here… Kinda boring with tha continuous 1st verse, so it looks like it gon be a mixed review fa me… Catchy chorus part, at times, but mainly boring and too long to deal with, lol. Yeah, definitely a mixed review, here, as I like tha music, but am bored by tha continuous verses/chorus parts… Oh, I hope there’s a REAL HUGE song comin’ up next, since I seem so bored…!! My Rating: 3.6


07. Jess Glynne “Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself (DJ SKT Radio Remix)”
I think this song has a great message for me, when people try and bring me down! Atlantic, here, with a new remix… >>> Compared to tha pop-dance-y original version, I’m diggin’ this deep house ‘90s start! Nice 1st verse goin’, too; makes me feel excited, lol! Great thing that deep house music can be dark and trippy, lol! Excellent-soundin’ chorus!! My Rating: 4.4


08. Matt Fox feat. Alexis Salgado “Bang Bang”
Finally gettin’ back to some of that mainly-unknown music that builds my anticipation up so high!! Crazy to know that I’m 7 ½ years older than Alexis! Yes! She just only turned 20 on January 19! She’s proud to know that I think it’s awesome that I’m 7 ½ years older than some1 like her, who’s on tha charts and shit! So, here goes tha special review, at 6:49 PM!! Carrillo!!! >>> A really slow and, can I say, Western movie-like music in tha background, lol? I dunno how much credit I’ll give this for full-on EDM, but I will say that it’s some special music from outta space or somethin’ dark! Go, darkness!! Interesting, though random-soundin’ chorus and drop? I dunno if many people dig Alexis’ voice, but you always know that every single dance-music artist has a special place in my heart!! Always!! Hearin’ tha 2nd verse and it’s soundin’ really random fa me, with tha bangin’ continuin’, lol. Hearin’ that chorus again and I swear, it literally sounds like unknown music from tha Internet, lol! Kinda a mixed review fa me, as I like its trippiness, but it’s a lil’ slow/strange for dance? Still turned out pretty good; lol @ tha how she sounds at tha end! My Rating: 4.1


09. Dave Audé feat. Kelsea Ballerini “Love Me Like You Mean It (Dance Mix)”
Wow, that last song was SO trippy, lol!! Now, to this… Kinda has me excited with DA as tha DJ, this new vocalist & “Dance Mix” as tha mix name, lol… Here it comes, courtesy of Black River! >>> Instantly started and it sounds hot! Vocals have, like, a pop vibe to ‘em, but sound great for this dance track! Nice lil’ chorus and drop! Feels like I’m in a river, lol, swept away by tha drop! Nice lil’ lyrics goin’ on with tha 2nd verse, here; “losers!!” Yeah! I dunno how good this’ll do with spins with me, for some reason… I’ono how much play potential it has with me… My Rating: 4.0


10. Inas X “Love Is (Riddler Radio Edit)”
Now, I know who tha artist iz!! Brand-new track from MTV Hits, last week, and she sounds unique! Signed with Fetty Wap’s RGF Productions, outta all labels, lol!! Can’t wait ta hear this remix!! >>> Beginning really caught me with its sped-up beat and vocals! Definitely tha needed mix for it! Needed a boost! Nice lil’ chorus, and, of course, this climax Riddler’s creatin’s really hot! And, kept tha original beat sounds for tha drop! Almost had a slightly-better sound goin’ on in tha original, but this an excellent dance-remixed vibe, though! Felt like tha 2nd chorus part came up so quickly! LOL, ain’t time ‘pose to be slowin’ down, lol? Nice job with tha remix, R…I…D…D…,… …l…o…l…! My Rating: 4.3


11. Charlie Puth “One Call Away (Lash Radio Edit)”
Hope it’s a great remix, especially before tha ½time…! Atlantic, here; a quickie! >>> Might be a lil’ too slow fa this CD fa a remix, like Adele… A lil’ too poppy with tha chorus, here; liked his “Marvin Gaye” song betta… Hearin’ tha drop and it’s really Oliver Heldens-like; sounds like a ripoff? Not sure how much I can fuck wit it, fa’real! Maybe, I won’t mind it too much as far as spins? Either way, I think it gon be tha least-rated song on this CD… My Rating: 3.1


½time: A lot betta than I expected, so far! Wow, tha Cheat Codes song’s my top-rated, so far!! Will it hold it down at #01? I’d be so surprised if that happened!! For now, we must move on! Can’t wait fa tha 2nd ½!! A 4.1-rated CD, so far!!


12. Club Banditz feat. Anthony Trainor & Matthew Steeper “Open Your Eyes”
What a lineup!! Dug CB’z “Mission Control” from tha 9/15 PO, and I feel like this gon be hot, too, but in a different-soundin’ way!! AfterCluv on tha label!! >>> Oh, this gon be hot!! Really diggin’ these male vocals and tha music’s only gettin’ better!! Really diggin’ tha 2nd ½ of tha 1st verse; holy shit!! Even has such an excellent drop, too!! Their previous song was clubbish and now, this iz that energetic, top-notch EDM!!! Gonna tie this with tha Cheat Codes song. I think I gon pick them over this, but it ain’t that far off!! My Rating: 4.6


13. Lunde Bros “Hot Stepper”
Ooh, anotha song from Thrive! Will it be a 4.6 or higher like tha previous one, lol?! Like, previous one (Cheat Codes)—oh wait, anotha previous one (Club Banditz), LMAO!!! >>> Wow, completely unexpected from what I expected!! Should’ve realized what it was with tha title! For a ‘90s song, this remade ‘90s sound has it goin’ on, here!! Definitely a nice lil’ remake fa me, in a deep house perspective! Jamaicanz got it goin’ on, here! Lots of hot beats in tha background, too; dark, deep & warp-y!! Like how after tha 2nd verse, tha “Na-na-na-na-na-na…” chorus part comes on; nice! My Rating: 4.2


14. EDX feat. Mingue “Missing”
LOL, already a new EDX song, and I have a feelin’ this gon be a lot betta! Spinnin’ Deep, here… >>> LOL, again, caught me off-guard with tha remake, here! I have a feelin’ I gon like tha “Hot Stepper” better than this Everything But The Girl remake… Again, I feel like this iz jackin’ Oliver Heldens’ sound; I don’t get it?! Vocals are pretty nice with tha music on tha chorus, but I can’t really fuck wit deep house remakes… My Rating: 3.2


15. Reid Stefan vs. Debbie Deb “Lookout Weekend (Original Mix)”
Off tha Dim Mak label, here… Once again, anotha remake, lol! Hopefully, it’s as powerful in tha music as 23 POs ago (“Touch Me Like You Mean It”)!! >>> Yeah, I think I’ll completely pass on this! Sounds way too much like tha original, here… Really strange beats goin’ on here in tha drop; completely not what I expected… I guess I should give Reid Stefan props fa always changin’ up sounds on different remixes, despite this one bein’ ehh fa me… My Rating: 2.3


16. Tujamo feat. Taio Cruz “Booty Bounce”
LOL @ Spinnin’! Lemme see… >>> Such a silly song/comeback, lol!! Diggin’ tha production and who can’t fuck wit this, lol? LOL @ tha “booty”-bouncin’ drop, here! Oh, crazy song!! LOL, don’t need no more feedback! OMG, can’t believe tha choruses!! My Rating: 4.6


17. am2pm “Turn Me Out”
Ooh, a new Carrillo song! Tha previous one on here was trippy, so I can only imagine what this gon sound like—I can’t imagine!!! I’ono!!! >>> Oh, hope this won’t be a remake! Almost thought it was gonna be with tha beginning sound… Really diggin’ tha stylized artist name… Vocals aren’t too bad, here, but I’m feelin’ this music! Feels like an ice country, lol—how random of me, lol! Sounds like this song takes me to anotha place or somethin’! Nice perspective on it; mainly decent fa me… Kinda close as to which Carrillo song I liked better on here, but I feel like this deserves it… My Rating: 4.2


18. Snakehips feat. Tinashe & Chance The Rapper “All My Friends (99 Souls Radio Edit)”
Hearin’ it on Music Choice Dance… I’ono how much more of tha 99 Souls sound I can take… That song of theirs with DC & Brand-y (lol, I rhymed) iz nice, especially that it’s gettin’ out there. However, I have a feelin’ they’ll only be known for this year only, like D. Ramirez, who I thought was gonna be big, but only had success in ’07! But, RCA, here; I’ono how much I gon feel this… >>> An okay chorus, though definitely not for tha EDM world… Hearin’ Tinashe on tha 1st verse and it sounds like a dry, but prolly-better-than-tha-original-version-soundin’ remix… It ain’t too bad for a slow remix… LOL @ tha content on tha chorus with “all my friends are wasted,” includin’ wastin’ “another Friday night.” This slow vibe’s on tha boring side fa me… It was a thumbs down for pop remixes on this CD, here… What a short part from Chance The Rapper at tha end? My Rating: 3.0


19. ZHU x Skrillex x THEY. “Working For It”
Columbia, here, and so iz ZHU! Continuin’ to feel his music a lot more, these dayz! Heard a sample of his song with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and that sounds tight, too! Bet that one’s better than this, though… >>> Tha ZHU voice in tha beginning’s nice… I’m really feelin’ how this beat sounds; definitely intense at times, to me! Just feelin’ this vibe, and I haven’t heard tha drop, yet! Well, really slow-soundin’ drop, here… Tha high detects that it’s pretty nice, even though a lil’ slow… Strange-soundin’ vocals after tha drop, here… Anotha mixed-reviewed song fa me, as it’s good in some areas, but kinda ehh in others… Even a flute at 2:15? Wow, ZHU—zooooooo, lol! My Rating: 3.5


20. Yall feat. Gabriela Richardson “Hundred Miles”
Really anticipatin’ these new artists, but what’s with tha decreasing BPM at tha end of these most-recent PO CDs, lol? Ultra on tha singin’, here, but really, 98 BPM, lol, smh? >>> Almost thought it was “Lean On” in tha beginning… Vocals even sound like it, like where MØ, tha vocalist iz from… Can’t complain about this, but it’s such a slow beat fa me… Luv when tha music builds up past tha chorus! Definitely a nice-soundin’ weird song fa me! More positive than negative feedback I have fa this one! Luvin’ tha hints of Egyptian shit in tha background, at times! My Rating: 4.0


21. Bobby Green feat. Whitney Phillips “Lights”
And, tha slowness of 100 BPM continues, lol! But, a follow-up to tha 1/15 PO song, “Changing Me”. I feel excited to hear this, so here goes anotha Robbins release! >>> Had no idea what that was in tha beginning, but it’s tha ocean… Hearin’ tha 1st verse and I’m definitely diggin’ these vocals and I can betcha this music gon really sound uplifting and excellent! Yeah, I’m lovin’ these vocals; excellent pre-chorus! Sounds like a warm-soundin’ track, includin’ tha chorus! Sounds like a really-anticipating song ta play! LOL, nice lil’ Caribbean-soundin’ drop, too! So positive-soundin’! Could be a close contender for #01? I might just have to make it that!! We shall see! Gonna tie it with tha other 4.6’ers! Water on tha outro!! My Rating: 4.6


22. Floduxe feat. Ava Re “Way Up (Original Mix)”
Talk about trippin’! Yesterday, instead of 6 Sugared Raised donuts, 86 were ordered! Instead of 86 Glazed donuts, 6 were ordered! Instead of 70 Brownie Batter, 0 were ordered! Instead of 0 New Yorker donuts, 70 were ordered!! Buggin’ tha fuck out, here!! Look at this: an Unsigned song!! Haven’t seen that since tha final song on tha 6/11 PO! Wow, that was five years ago!!! Glad I neva feel aged!! Let’s get inta this! Really diggin’ tha artists’ names! >>> Even more water on tha track? Wow, I seem like I’m buggin’ tha fuck out, lol!! Really strange, but excellent-soundin’ music in tha beginning!! Almost sounds like a mix of Taylor Swift & Rihanna on tha vocals, here… Nice-soundin’ chorus on this, here… Tryin’ to get into tha music but it’s very choppy and all dub-y… BPM of 128? Almost makes me feel like it’s just 64, half of it… Ehh, music should’ve really gave me a 128 BPM feel! Too slow fa me, but still a decent effort! It’ll prolly do better than sucky with me, though… My Rating: 3.4


Overall: Seemed like it got kinda iffy with all tha slow songs at tha end, but for tha most part, I was definitely feelin’ this CD! Lots of great songs on here, once again! Can’t wait to do a blind, live review of it comin’ up next month! Should be excellent!! And, should be trippy and crazy, since I have no idea what to expect!! Also, have ta say, really felt tha trippy songs on here, despite their ratings!!


Rankings:

22.       Reid Stefan vs. Debbie Deb “Lookout Weekend (Original Mix)” 2.3
21.       Snakehips feat. Tinashe & Chance The Rapper “All My Friends (99 Souls Radio Edit)” 3.0
20.       Charlie Puth “One Call Away (Lash Radio Edit)” 3.1
19.       EDX feat. Mingue “Missing” 3.2
18.       Floduxe feat. Ava Re “Way Up (Original Mix)” 3.4
17.       ZHU x Skrillex x THEY. “Working For It” 3.5
16.       Adele “When We Were Young (DiscoTech 2AM Radio Edit)” 3.6
15.       MORTEN feat. Frida Sundemo “Beautiful Heartbeat” 3.7
14.       Yall feat. Gabriela Richardson “Hundred Miles” 4.0
13.       Dave Audé feat. Kelsea Ballerini “Love Me Like You Mean It (Dance Mix)” 4.0
12.       Matt Fox feat. Alexis Salgado “Bang Bang” 4.1
11.        am2pm “Turn Me Out” 4.2
10.       Lunde Bros “Hot Stepper” 4.2
09.       Inas X “Love Is (Riddler Radio Edit)” 4.3
08.       Galantis “In My Head” 4.3
07.       Jess Glynne “Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself (DJ SKT Radio Remix)” 4.4
06.       Tiësto & Oliver Heldens feat. Natalie La Rose “The Right Song” 4.4
05.       Borgeous feat. M.BRONX “Souls” 4.5
04.       Club Banditz feat. Anthony Trainor & Matthew Steeper “Open Your Eyes” 4.6
03.   Tujamo feat. Taio Cruz “Booty Bounce” 4.6
02.   Bobby Green feat. Whitney Phillips “Lights” 4.6
01.   Cheat Codes “Say Goodbye” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      86.6
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.9


Bwahahahahahahahahah @ my #01!!!!!!!!!! I swear, you neva know!! Same thing with how high #06 ranked!!