FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Review #1,495: Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2016

Reviewed on 2.24.2016 (Review #1,495)



Wuzzamin’? LOL, this ya boy FrankieThaLuckyDog a.k.a. Frank Calhoune, here, finna do an exciting, anticipating review fa Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2016!! Now, I didn’t even look at tha tracklist when it was released, nor when it got released, nor when it shipped! Today, it appeared in tha mail and I can’t wait ta hear it!! I hope it’s like tha other March Promo Onlys, where it’s really exciting and year-defining! I also didn’t look at my sources’ playlists and all that (e.g., Party 105), and I avoided listenin’ to Music Choice Dance/EDM, during tha, like, last 10 dayz! So, without further or do, let’s do dis!! It’s a live review, so I’m filmin’ all my opinions live on camera!! Start Time: 3:19 PM | End Time: 5:42 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2016 CD Review (Review #1,495) reviewed on 2.24.2016 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Cash Cash feat. Jacquie Lee “Aftershock”
Big Beat & Atlantic Records on tha label, of course… With tha 1st song, I had a feelin’ I was gonna know what it was, already. I didn’t think it was gonna be this, but it iz! Heard it on Music Choice Dance/EDM about when I stopped listenin’ for a lil’ bit, and it’s pretty hot! Let’s rehear it fa tha review, though! >>> Of course, big beats in tha beginning, here, as it builds up! Gotta luv tha euphoric feelin’ on tha chorus, especially after so much fuckin’ stress and anxiety!!! Just luv those vocals and great build-ups during tha 1st verse and chorus!! Of course, tha drop and chorus iz definitely on-n-poppin’!!! Speakin’ of aftershocks, can’t wait to continue goin’ up tha ladder with training! Could be a new assistant manager?! It’s all about tha “aftershock” of how to get there, secretly!! Can’t wait to defeat tha current fuckin’ monster!!! My Current Rating: 4.6


02. Sigala feat. Bryn Christopher “Sweet Lovin’”
Ministry Of Sound on tha label, here, and as soon as I seen that, I knew it could’ve been this song… And, it iz!!! What an exciting feeling, especially a hot 2nd single, comin’ from tha 10/15’s “Easy Love”!!! What a fuckin’ surprise!! Just like tha previous single, I’m diggin’ tha tropical house, repetitive sound!! Those vocals definitely sound nice and almost sampled, but original, to me! Just luvin’ that music and tha energy of this!!!! Hope it blows up like tha previous single!!! My Current Rating: 4.8


03. Benny Benassi & Vassy “Even If”
Yes, anotha Vassy-vocal song and anotha Vassy-vocal song on a live review! Remember when I reviewed “Two Hearts” (9/15 PO)? It was live! So, this time, brought to you by Ultra, let’s see how this gon go!!! >>> A nice lil’ start and I’m diggin’ how it’s buildin’ up on tha chorus, between tha vocals and tha beat!! Excellent drop, here; feelin’ tha melody to tha fullest!!! Gotta luv it!! I feel like this winter has flown!! Hope this one does well ‘cause I’m really feelin’ it!! It’s not even near tha cheesiness of “Dance The Pain Away” or somethin’ like that! Usually, I’m not used to hearin’ BB on a female-vocal track, here! So, of course, this uniqueness passes with me! My Rating: 4.7


04. Jonas Blue feat. Dakota “Fast Car (Promo Only Club Edit)”
Capitol on tha label, here, includin’ a remake of tha old ‘80s track (I think, ‘80s). Seen that Party 105 got it and I went to listen to it, knowing that it was a remake. So, not sure what you guys did with tha “Club Edit,” here, but I wanna hear it… I think it only gon be decent, though… >>> Prolly just a “Club Edit” of tha extended original? Kinda a dry start, though pretty euphoric-soundin’ in tha background of this 1st verse… Lots of quiet beats during tha chorus but it sounds pretty nice. Definitely diggin’ this climax; not your usual boring song!! Yeah, I’m likin’ this a lot betta than I thought I would! I luv how tha beat on tha climax gives me tha same anticipation as “Say My Name (Remix Edit)” (11/15 PO); luv it!! My Rating: 4.2


05. Sam Feldt & The Him feat. The Donnies & The Amys “Drive You Home”
Spinnin’ Records & Island Records on tha label, here… I expect this one to be slow and maybe, boring? I know that previous single, remake of “Show Me Love” from tha 6/15 PO, was real dry… But, I was diggin’ The Him’s “Roses” remix, from tha 11/15 PO, so this could be a 50/50 fa me! Let’s see! >>> Yeah, kinda “Roses”-y, as well as somethin’ dry… An okay chorus and tha last word or two in it sounded like it could’ve been somethin’ memorable… Also, diggin’ this climax; nice drop, too! Who would’ve thought a trumpet sound like this would sound so great? I luv how it’s buildin’ up, too! Overall, I’m definitely diggin’ this! What a turn-around with tha chorus, climax & drop!!! And, tha camera survived on my legs!!! My Rating: 4.3


06. Martin Solveig feat. Sam White “+1”
Big Beat & Atlantic on tha label, as always… And, I believe this one’s pretty catchy, as well… Music Choice Dance/EDM and pretty much everyone else has this… I heard it before, so let’s see how I gon remember it on this listen… >>> Didn’t think of addin’ it right away, or whateva, but it’s definitely hot with these vocals and this beat! Seems like everyone’s songs are gettin’ so much betta, these dayz!! Vocalist sounds like tha “I Got U” (4/14 PO) track from Duke Dumont & Jax Jones—wow, that sound in tha drop really had me vibratin’!! Ooh!! Anotha excellent turn-around from a track that I thought was just decent!! My Rating: 4.5


07. G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha “Me, Myself & I (Marc Stout & Scott Svejda Remix)”
Formerly, Mixin’ Marc & Tony Svejda and now, look at it! Could you believe that I talked to G-Eazy on MySpace back in 2008? I reviewed one of his CDs and it was pretty awesome! Neva would I have thought I’d see him on a Promo Only: Dance Radio edition!! And, here we are in 2016, thanx ta RCA Records! Should be an exciting remix? >>> Exciting to have a review with some1 that appreciated my reviewz! Nice chorus, but I’m really feelin’ it much-more on tha 1st verse with G-Eazy rappin’! Definitely diggin’ these beats from tha Marc & other Svejda!! Oh, fuck! Luv it! That’s also a part of my manager’s name, “J-D-A!” Tha 2nd verse don’t sound too bad with tha sound, this time… Hmm, thought I felt it better on tha 1st verse, but tha 2nd verse still sounds nice and consistent! For what I thought was a cheesy rap song when I seen it get out there, I think this remix definitely brings this to “life!” Even diggin’ tha “ba-ba-ba-ba-da-da”ness, too! Wow, so many pluses; who knew?! My Rating: 4.4


08. Jack Eye Jones feat. Toni Etherson “Fire In Your Soul (Todd Terry Radio Edit)”
Okay, so we got a classic person on tha radio edit, here, someone who was tha beginning of deep house before tha 2010’s explosion of deep house! Should be exciting; I trust it! First new label on this CD fa me: IBZ! >>> Sounds like it could be a strong anthem!! I’ono, but 123 BPM fa somethin’ powerful-soundin’ like this should be so crazy-like, crazy!!! And, here comes a random drop; sounds nice! I still think this sounds nice and interesting for a house song; nice job, everyone!! My Rating: 4.3


09. SNBRN feat. Nate Dogg “Gangsta Walk”
OMG, look who’s on tha feature!! Wow, really bringin’ tha dead back in a great way!!! Can’t believe he’s gone—five years on tha 15th of March!! Wow, unbelievable!! Can’t wait to hear!! Just like his song before “Beat The Sunrise” (12/15 PO), he did “California” (7/15 PO), which resurrected Tupac!! >>> Wasn’t sure how much I could’ve felt it in tha beginning, but since Nate ain’t alive, anymore, you know I gotta give it tha benefit!! Yeah, “Smokin’ blunts;” who wouldn’t?! Wow, definitely feelin’ how this sounds, especially with tha SNBRN sound on tha chorus! LOL, deep house and its raptacular-rap from Nate-Diggity-Dogg!! Whoo, definitely somethin’ you’d imagine and hear for tha 1st time while high!! Like, you can’t believe we can create anything!!! “Ran outta blunts,” huh? Neva!! Thumbs up to tha fuckin’ dream-come-true-type music, here!! Definitely some interesting-soundin’ combinations, especially with tha rapness on this CD, so far!! My Rating: 4.8


10. R3hab & Ciara “Get Up”
Well, back when I started tha PO reviewz, Ciara had her track with Chamillionaire called “Get Up”. Well, I guess this iz a decade later (wow, a whole entire decade went by!!)! Spinnin’ on tha label; prolly can’t deny it!! >>> Almost doesn’t sound like that track’s lyrics, but it sounds definitely pure with tha ice-tastic-soundin’ beats!! Ooh, different chorus, here; definitely somethin’ new! Of course, tha Hab has tha track on lock!! Definitely sounds like a plus, here! Can’t deny these tracks, ya heard me?! Just diggin’ how all these non-dance vocalists can just blend right into a dance track, no matter what, today; lovely!! Gotta luv tha pureness of tha track!! Warm weather vibes; spring’s a month away—not even!!! When it’s 30 degrees out, summer just seems like a dream!! Tha bridge sounds nice; gotta luv tha empowerness of yourself! Great job, Ciara! My Rating: 4.2


½time: Wow, such an incredible Promo Only!! I can’t believe there’s almost never a chance at failin’, here!! Mainstream dance music neva sounded so pretty, so beautiful, so, you-know-what!!! I’m ratin’ this CD a 4.5, at tha moment, based on tha scores (44.8), divided by tha number of songs (10). And, I don’t usually look at how many songs are on tha CD fa this, when it’s a blind review like this. However, I seen it in tha description, so this iz officially tha ½time! There’s 20 tracks! Lots of surprises have been on here, so far, such as tha Nate Dogg resurrection, tha “Sweet Lovin’”, and how I love so many of these songs, now, no matter what they sound like!! Let’s keep it goin’!! I expect more unique surprises!!!


11. Betsie Larkin “We Are The Sound”
Magik Muzik on tha label, here… I’m diggin’ her mixshows on tha Music Choice Dance/EDM channel! Definitely some great trance on there, includin’ this new one I’m diggin’ from Mohammed Khalila “Sahknin”; I fuckin’ love it!! Trance music resurrected fa tha 2016!! That’s one of my greatest wishes!! So, I give her props fa dat!! >>> Really diggin’ tha sound in tha beginning!! Almost thought it was a vocalist like Annie Baltic, but I keep forgettin’ that Betsie does it all! Vocals! Beats! DJ, you know!! Just like me, at times!! It’s all about bein’ a one-man band!! Excellent-soundin’ climax and a not-so-bad drop!! Really feelin’ her spacey-soundin’ sounds, in tha verses! Really caught an ear at 1:48!! Whoo, tunnel, anyone?! Definitely some excellent-soundin’, JES-like, spacey-like, great shit!! My Rating: 4.7


12. Ola “Olatunji (Lema & Bankay Desert Radio Edit)”
Ola from tha 11/11 PO?! Can’t believe there’s a random comeback, here!! His name’s even in tha title, and Lema are on tha edit, as well! Back to back with Magik Muzik on tha label; can’t wait ta hear!! This gotta be a fuckin’ dream!!! >>> Maybe, tha wrong person? Yeah, a lot different than I expected! Different Ola, different label! Beat sounds a lil’ familiar, and a lil’ familiar, but I don’t think I’ve heard it before… An okay, but silly-soundin’ chorus, here… Oksana!! Whoo!! I have to say, this might be my least-favorite track on this CD, so far? I’ono, but now, tha drop came at 1:16 and it sounds like it’s much betta fa a dark-soundin’ track! Such a random title; reminds me of an insect?! LOL, tarantula?! Still sounds like you can appreciate it, especially from a different country! I’ono how this’ll do with spins with me… I’d hate to under-rate it and then, you neva know how much it could explode?! LOL!! It’s been a while since a reggae-soundin’ dance track has exploded… We’ll see how this does! My Rating: 3.9


13. Shawn Hook “Sound Of Your Heart (Jump Smokers Radio Remix)”
Hollywood Records, here… I’ono about this one… Unless I can be really impressed, I’ono… I can’t think of failing, right now, but, you neva know… >>> Wow, my smile really made me like that beginning!! I can’t believe this iz catchin’ me by surprise!! Ooh, definitely feelin’ tha beats during tha pre-chorus, here!! I thought I might’ve heard tha original version from somewhere, but I forgot… Either way, wow, what an incredible remix, right here!!! Definitely feelin’ tha drop, here, too!! Wow, can’t believe everyone but a fuckin’ Jamaican remix got at least a 4.0, so far!!! Wow, totally taken away with tha drop and sound, here!! Oh, these vocals definitely make me feel so anticipated!! Wow, can’t believe it!! Can’t believe how much of a winner we got, right chea!!! Hmm, no drop? A lil’ bit of a bridge? Okay, I dig it… And, back to tha drop!! Wow, why so fuckin’ hot, right now?! My Rating: 4.8


14. Castell “You Got It Wrong”
Well, I “got it [right],” as far as guessin’ tha label before I looked at it! Tha artist name reminds me of a Robbins artist, just by tha way it looks! Now, last year at this time, Alison Wonderland & Wayne Coyne “U Don’t Know” was tha #14 track, which was my top-rated track on that review! Let’s see how this gon do! Could you imagine if it’s my top-rated song in tha ’16?! >>> Wow, definitely diggin’ this beat, here! Definitely has some sorta unique vibe with a full-on dance sound!! Wow, and Robbins-signed songs haven’t been doin’ as good as they used to on tha dance outlets/radio!! And, they sound betta than eva!! I can’t wait till there’s anotha Robbins-signed song on this CD/released!! Excellent-soundin’ vocals with super-catchy-soundin’ beats all tha way round!!!! Whoo, tha drop at 1:04 sounds like bells clashing, but in a trippy, unique-soundin’ way!! OMG, don’t even tell me it gon be my top-rated song?! Just luv those unique-soundin’ male vocals, here, with this catchy-ass beat!!! What do those vocals remind me of…? Hmm…? I don’t remember, at tha moment. If I hear tha verse again, I’ll remember. It sounds like someone from last year… Well, let’s see how this catchiness does… My Rating: 4.8


15. Comet Blue “Spaceship”
Ultra on tha label, right after a Robbins song… Let’s see how it gon do! Robbins vs. Ultra, tha ultimate, top-favorite battle of mine!! >>> Oh, only 118 BPM, with a tropical house-sounding sound to it… And, where I thought tha previous track was gonna be a female, it was a male. Now, where I might’ve thought it was gonna be a male, it turned into a female… Okay, tha beats are pretty nice, here, and tha vocals sound like an India.Aire or somethin’ R&B, with this tropical house-soundin’ beat… Drop’s kinda plain, but then, that “flower power” comes outta nowhere, lol! “Flower Power;” that term reminds me of tha Bellatrax sound from tha ’08 and beyond dayz! Always love that sound and will embrace it! Miss those dayz!! It was like instant hits, just like your favorite fruit drink!! LOL!! Nice vocals, here; I’m diggin’ this, but not as much as tha Robbins song… I’m sittin’ here, reminiscing, of, like, wow, I’m not young, anymore! I can’t believe I’m almost 28, makin’ my own decisions! Like, wow, I had a brother that died of an overdose! Like, who knew? Can’t believe there’s been death casted my way, throughout my blood, I mean! My Rating: 4.0


16. Firebeatz & Jay Hardway “Home”
Wow, look at tha two artists combine!! OMG!! Spinnin’ on tha label; should be fuckin’ incredible!!!!! >>> Definitely sounds like some hot music in tha beginning; am I expectin’ vocals? Okay, I hear tha vocals, here, from this female and I swear, this sounds like it’s remakin’ somethin’! Like, what could it be?! Sounds like some AfterCluv-type shit; luv it!! Why am I laughin’, right now?! OMG, this makes me feel so fuckin’ great!!! OMG, tha sound in tha drop sounds like it could be tha beat sounds to what I can’t think of’s original?! Notice it’s a “Home” title, just like “Back Home” from last year!! Slammin’ beatz!! Just can’t think of what it could sound like… OMG, just luvin’ those vocals and that beat!! Could be anotha #1 contender!! My Rating: 4.8


17. AtellaGali feat. Amanda Renee “Dance The Night Away (AtellaGali Remix)”
AfterCluv on tha label; we were just talkin’ about them! First heard them with “Superfans” on tha 7/15 PO! I believe it was that one? LOL, almost not rememberin’! But, I luv how there’s a re-entry song, here! On tha live review? Yes! Nice! Should be exciting to hear!! Wonder how a remix gon differ from an original version from tha 12/15 PO? >>> Sounds more house-y but I’m glad it’s gettin’ more exposure, lol!! “Gettin’ high…;” so excellent, Amand!! “Baby, don’t grow up;” I always feel like I’m 19 and I’m almost 28! Gotta stay young!! Gotta feel young!! I liked how tha original version sounded with tha sounds but I like this a lil’ differently. Tha drop sounds too much like Don Diablo fa me, here, like, almost thinkin’ it’s an error on tha ID? Naw, just playin’ a guess, there! PO doesn’t really have errors, anymore! But, yeah, I like it in a different way. Still, excellent lyrics from this social medialess vocalist!! I wish she was on social media, already!! You would think a pop song would re-enter and get tha remixed treatment. However, it’s a dance song that didn’t really get out there!! Gotta luv that uniqueness!! My Rating: 4.1


18. Eric Prydz feat. Rob Swire “Breathe”
Astralwerks on tha label… Music Choice Dance/EDM got this not too long ago and it sounds like somethin’ different! Note that PO ignored Prydz’s “Generate” from last spring/summer! Definitely was hot! It was my #20 most-played song of 2015! So, now, we’re onto this, with only 90 BPM (180?)… >>> Electronica music lives on!! Such a unique sound from tha combination of Mr. Prydz and Pendulum’s lead singer dude! Just really luv tha sound of this, between tha vocals and beat!! It really sounds like somethin’ so pure!! Like, it’s golden! Yeah, I hear just 90 BPM, here! What an excellent sound fa only 90 BPM!!! “When you close your eyes…” I’ve been doin’ that when tha lyrics played and I feel my body rising up!! *Spins around like a monkey!!* My Rating: 4.8


19. Netsky feat. Digital Farm Animals “Work It Out”
Almost thought I wouldn’t’ve remembered who tha artist was, but now I remember. Only time I heard them was in 2010, remixing Underworld’s “Scribble”; throwback!! >>> Tha intro almost sounds like Peter Gabriel “In Your Eyes” with tha beat intro… Doesn’t sound as dark as I thought it was gonna be… Tha chorus sounds okay; not bad with these vocals… Am I gonna be expectin’ a fast beat or somethin’?! No way!!! Wow, it really hit me outta nowhere with its fastness!! That 86 = 172 BPM!! Think: doubled!! Pretty loud, stadium-like sound, here! Where did this Sky pick up these “Farm Animals” from?! LOL!! My Rating: 4.3


20. The Chainsmokers feat. Daya “Don’t Let Me Down”
Disruptor & Columbia Records on tha label, here… Didn’t I hear this? Yeah, I sampled it after I caught it on Party 105’s mixshow a few weeks ago. That was prolly tha last new track I got a sample of before I took a break from listenin’ to dance music ‘cause of it bein’ on here/figurin’ out what was gon be on here! But, If I can recall, I think it’s anotha slow one like “Roses”, since this only has 80 BPM! That’s tha unique BPM for tha Baton Rouge, LA underground rap tracks that I loved! It even caused a controversy with one of ‘em and I told ‘em, “Since tha May 2006 CD with Wonderland Avenue “White Horse”, I got into an argument with someone on June 3, 2006. Since then, because it only had 127 BPM, at age 17, I decided to remember every single artist/title/label/BPM off tha top of my head, while I listen to music/drive!! So, with that bein’ said, leggo!! >>> Luv tha dark-as-hell-soundin’ beat with this “Hide Away” singer! Really hypnotized by this beat and its sound; nice! Catchy sound with tha vocals, just like her “Hide Away” song! Yeah, I think I needed to wait to see this get out there a lil’ more before I was gon add it… A lil’ bit of a trap-soundin’ drop, here; nice! Likin’ Daya a lot on here! Tha sound continues to sound hot on this track, right chea, especially around tha 2:17 mark, where it speeds up a lil’ bit! Definitely diggin’ this fa an ending song, overall! My Rating: 4.3


Overall: Wow, I cannot believe how incredible this review was!! OMG, with all tha stress I’ve been goin’ through with my anxiety at work, I think everything combined and literally, tha more stress, tha hotter tha music!! I can’t believe it!! OMG, 19 of 20 songs made it to 4.0!! I cannot believe by 0.1 that I did not have a five-star-rated PO! Only tha 2/11 one did that but this was so close!! I knew I was gonna regret it when I rated that song 3.9 but you know what? It could be a hugely-played song with me, ya feel me?!


Rankings:

20.       Ola “Olatunji (Lema & Bankay Desert Radio Edit)” 3.9 (not 4.0!!!!! Whaahh!!!!!)
19.       Comet Blue “Spaceship” 4.0
18.       AtellaGali feat. Amanda Renee “Dance The Night Away (AtellaGali Remix)” 4.1 (wow, #18!!!)
17.       Jonas Blue feat. Dakota “Fast Car (Promo Only Club Edit)” 4.2
16.       R3hab & Ciara “Get Up” 4.2
15.       Netsky feat. Digital Farm Animals “Work It Out” 4.3
14.       The Chainsmokers feat. Daya “Don’t Let Me Down” 4.3
13.       Sam Feldt & The Him feat. The Donnies & The Amys “Drive You Home” 4.3
12.       Jack Eye Jones feat. Toni Etherson “Fire In Your Soul (Todd Terry Radio Edit)” 4.3
11.        G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha “Me, Myself & I (Marc Stout & Scott Svejda Remix)” 4.4 (11th!!!)
10.       Martin Solveig feat. Sam White “+1” 4.5 (10th!!)
09.       Cash Cash feat. Jacquie Lee “Aftershock” 4.6
08.       Betsie Larkin “We Are The Sound” 4.7
07.       Benny Benassi & Vassy “Even If” 4.7
06.       SNBRN feat. Nate Dogg “Gangsta Walk” 4.8
05.       Eric Prydz feat. Rob Swire “Breathe” 4.8
04.       Castell “You Got It Wrong” 4.8
03.   Sigala feat. Bryn Christopher “Sweet Lovin’” 4.8
02.   Shawn Hook “Sound Of Your Heart (Jump Smokers Radio Remix)” 4.8
01.   Firebeatz & Jay Hardway “Home” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      89.3
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.5


Well, look at this from tha February 2011 CD:



Average CD Rating turned out to be just a 4.3, before tha 5.0 rating! This has tha highest I’ve eva seen it at!! A 4.5!!! Incredible!! Neva have I seen tha rating maintain its rating!! That CD had 21 songs and tha total score was 89.7. This CD had only 20 songs and tha total score was 89.3, just 0.4 less with one less song! Wow, good thing for my intentions to do, most-likely, tha most-interesting review EVER!!! So glad this was live and that tha ratings are phenomenal!!!!!