FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Review #2,041: Promo Only "Dance Radio August 2023"

Reviewed on 7.11.2023 (Review #2,041)
 
 
Anotha month, anotha review! Been workin’ every single day, once again, just like last month… Just took a 3-hour, 15-minute nap to get up for my Promo Only Dance Radio August 2023 review! It’s now here, as of Friday…! I didn’t get to grab it till Sunday, which was tha end date of my latest playlist. So, I got to peep out some of tha tracks that were already released, as well as some betta versions, remixed. Can’t wait ta get to these tracks! We’ll see how err-body does, on this August 2023 edition…! Start Tyme: 2:10 PM | End Tyme: 3:34 PM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2023 Review (Review #2,041) reviewed on 7.11.2023 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. ACRAZE feat. Aviella “In A Dream”
Label: Thrive/Virgin
Didn’t get to hear, yet; only got to see hints of what it was… Our boy, A, must be back to flippin’ them throwback tracks, as tha original’s artist, Rockell, iz a Long Island, NYer, like myself! Awesome ta know I was born on a—technically, island…! >>> Definitely really feelin’ this beginning, as it’s off to a brand-new start! “In A Dream” or no “In A Dream”, it’s definitely on a dope level!! Definitely feelin’ this newly-updated version with this chick on tha vocals!! Definitely a mega-plus from this bein’ tha 1st track since my Mount Rushmore trip, less than two weeks after tha last review! “I wanna celebrate success!” Seems like that’s what it’s about, all tha way round?! Hope this one gets to have an awesome run, in tha world—dance “world,” I’m guessin’? Give it up! S/O ACRAZE fa growin’! My Rating: 4.9
EDIT: Had ta do research on tha vocal, since I was so curious… Shout-out to Aviella!
 
 
02. JAUZ feat. Paige Williams “Lights Go Out”
Label: Bite This!
A track that’s startin’ to get its start in tha world… Sounds like a good track, with some bonus vibes from this female vocalist…! Likin’ that chorus & how tha build-up transitions with tha chorus… Nice music; S/O to its exposure, so far… My Current Rating: 4.1
 
 
03. Tiësto feat. Poppy Baskcomb “Drifting”
Label: Musical Freedom
Anotha one of those tracks out there, on a new level… Likin’ how Mr. Ësto speeds it up, a lil’, with this P-Baskcomb on tha vox…! Just like with “Lights Go Out”, this anotha good track that’s borderline of tha decent level fa me… My Current Rating: 3.9
 
 
04. deadmau5 & Kaskade feat. Haley “I Remember (John Summit Remix Radio)”
Label: mau5trap
Seems like a guilty pleasure, especially for this to appear pretty early in this review, imo… >>> Cool lil’ update from Mr. Summit, here… I’m always there to inspire & with me talkin’ to this chick nine years younger than me, I feel like I’m a good leader for her for inspiration, in many wayz. Like, I remember tha review I did of tha original version of this track, back on tha November 2008 edition. Those tymes’ll always be with me & will solidify me as some1 valuable! Some1 who appreciates life, in many wayz…! With that bein’ said, this a good update, still with Haley… My Rating: 3.8
 
 
05. FISHER & Aatig “Take It Off”
Label: Big Beat/Atlantic
One of those that’s already out there. However, I didn’t rush to get it to my latest playlist or not. Just wanted to wait for this review to see what’s up with this collab. I was tripped out by tha 1st/previous Aatig track I heard, collabbin’ with Chris Lake on “In The Yuma”. Now that those winter (“Yuma”) tymes are beyond this current weather, here comes this…! >>> Lol @ that intro; gets you goin’… A nice house track to appreciate in tha hot weather… Beats are okay, I guess? Tha weather’s betta? Cool beats, durin’ random parts, even tho it’s just an okay track, overall. I’ll let it hop on in, tho—tha playlist, that iz. My Rating: 3.9
 
 
06. Jazzy “Giving Me”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
S/O to this new chick comin’ through, sparkin’ up tha “club” with this one…! Definitely feelin’ her debut approach with this dance-meets-R&B vibe, on tha vocals! Awesome lil’ house-y vibe in tha music, too, includin’ tha repetitive parts to feel zoned out to…! Shout-out to all tha females that have that UK vibe in their music, as well as from tha UK, too! Dublin in tha house with this one…! She sounds like she can be a 2020’s queen of tha dance-meets-pop world-with-these-dance-tracks world? My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
07. TECH IT DEEP “Maria Maria (Diplo Radio Remix)”
Label: Arista
I’ono if I’ll feel this remake, which iz startin’ to make noise out there… >>> Yeah, a lil’ bleh… Like, that chorus, with tha cut-off vocals… Ick… I get it, Dip wants some John Summit vibes or somethin’…? Basically, one of those random-soundin’ songs fa his Revolution—Diplo’s Revolution, that iz. I’ll pass on this one; not special like “In A Dream”, for example! My Rating: 2.1
 
 
08. Showtek feat. Sonny Wilson “Feeling”
Label: Skink
From an icky “Maria Maria” to this, I think this gon be an awesome transition! I remember durin’ tha past, that was tha luck & I now have a “Feeling”…! >>> Showtek have been havin’ an awesome year fa 2023! Can’t believe this their sixth single to be released, durin’ this year!! Definitely huge & so iz this progressive house-type vibe! Awesome music, awesome beats & tha vox are cool, too! Wouldn’ta recognized Sonny, here, but definitely dope! Keep tha energy goin’, boyz!! My Rating: 4.5
 
 
09. SOFI TUKKER “Jacaré”
Label: Ultra
This one’s been out there… *Rehears* A lil’ betta with this current listen… Wasn’t too sure how to take this track, at first, but I’m definitely feelin’ tha variety of music parts! Definitely one for tha beach—every beach, basically! My Current Rating: 4.0
 
 
½tyme: Got to tha ½tyme fast, it seems like…? It’s all good ‘cause that’s where we’re at, ya heard me? A 3.9-rated release, currently, with more surprises to offer…?!
 
 
10. The Blessed Madonna & Gabriels feat. Jacob Lusk “Mercy”
Label: Major/Warner
I’ono what I gon think of this one… >>> Tha music seems a lil’ boring & dry, here… Tha male vocals are a lil’ ehh but sound more disco-y with tha “Merrrrcy” chorus; ick… Sounds a lil’ stranger with tha choir-like female on tha chorus! Yuck… What was with tha last 10 seconds? Odd that these ‘skits’ make it but tha quality of me likin’ their track, musically & vocally, ain’t there! My Rating: 2.2
 
 
11. KSHMR “Heartbeat”
Label: Spinnin’
A slower KSHMR track to offer… >>> Sounds like a hidden male vocalist on tha vox, here… Sounds like a dude we’ve heard somewhere before… This kinda reminds me of a MEDUZA-like track, with these vocals & this vibe… Cool lil’ KSHMR-like drop but I think it’s a lil’ slow & dry, at tymes… My Rating: 3.7
 
 
12. Kylie Minogue “Padam Padam”
Label: BMG
Alwayz somethin’ on a plus-like level when Kylie’s on tha scene…! *Rehears original version…* I like tha remixes that are out betta but this a cool lil’ comeback track for Kylie. Beats are kinda dry in tha chorus, makin’ it sound more like it’s an upbeat pop/dance-pop song than upbeat dance song. Gotta luv how she’s ageless but I alwayz miss when her sister, Dannii, was on tha scene. Can’t believe it’s been two decades since I first heard of her, too & I neva looked back! My Current Rating: 3.5
 
 
13. JES “Forever Young (Morgin Madison Remix)”
Label: Magik
Speakin’ of two decades, in less than five months, it’ll be a whole two decades since Long Island’s Party 105.3 added JES’ 1st track, with Motorcycle, “As The Rush Comes”, to their playlist. Oh, what throwback tymes! It’s in my blood, at this point! Now, here comes JES & Morgin Madison with this one…! >>> Sounds like a nice start with instantly jumpin’ in to tha 1st verse! Awesome vocals from JES, in a Morgin Madison perspective! Definitely feelin’ when tha beats get betta with tha music…! Definitely a nice chorus & tha drop’s definitely dope! Gotta luv tha Morgin Madison vibe & how he brings tha euphoria to tha 2020’s!! JES’ tracks usually don’t get tha proper exposure they deserve. This one deserves to break in with tha consistency & props Morgin Madison has been receivin’…! *Crosses fingers…* My Rating: 4.6
 
 
14. Viiq, Kiral & Todd Stucky “Touch Ground”
Label: Hysteria
A cool lil’ track that I first heard, courtesy of peepin’ through tha POOL player… Alwayz nice to hear Viiq on them dance tracks of tha 2020’s, as well! Nice collab to progress through these groundless tymes! My Current Rating: 4.0
 
 
15. Lawrent “When I’m With You”
Label: Seminal
Wonder what this be ‘bout… >>> Don’t know if I can appreciate these male vocals, yet… Kinda sounds like a cringy chorus, between tha “youuuuu…” & tha whistlin’. Likin’ how tha 2nd verse sounds but I’ono if it’s strong enough for a decent rating, imo… Everything from tha bridge on iz a total waste of space, as well. My Rating: 2.9
 
 
16. Kesha “Only Love Can Save Us Now”
Label: Kemosabe/RCA
That odd moment where an original Kesha version makes tha Dance Radio editions, these dayz… *Rehears original version…* I don’t think it’s 100.00% on a dance vibe. Not really feelin’ tha trap-like bass throughout tha verses & tha whole vocal vibe in tha chorus. Tha chorus’ beats just sound like a build-up; that’s it but it’s an attempt for some excitement. I do like tha KC Lights Remix, as well; this original version gotta go, tho. That ending kinda cringy with tha crazier-soundin’ ad-libs on tha “eat your breakfast” part… My Current Rating: 2.0
 
 
17. Jorja Smith “Little Things x Gypsy Woman (L Beats Mashup)”
Label: FAMM
Wonder what this mashup’ll be like… >>> Can be a love/hate relationship with these vocals… Not too sure if this sounds a lil’ annoying or it’s a decent mashup to appreciate. I’ono… A lil’ short? My Rating: 3.6
 
 
18. Martin Jensen “Harry Styles”
Label: Robbins
A new Robbins track but, imo, an awful title of a track? Does it really have to be him? >>> Decent, with some odd-soundin’ male vocals for me, here… Hearin’ tha chorus & it sounds like tha Martin vibe we’ve alwayz been used to. Don’t know how much I can appreciate this slow, male-vocal vibe, tho… My Rating: 2.4
 
 
19. Sam Smith & Madonna “Vulgar (Marlon Hoffstadt Remix)”
Label: Capitol
Oh… no? How will this end this edition off? >>> Holy fastness!! Luv tha 30-second intro but wtf @ Sam’s vocals! Also, Madonna with her background vox, at tymes… Lmao @ Madonna’s appearance!! Like, speakin’ of two decades ago, once again, it sounds like her rappin’ of “American Life”! Only, honestly, her rhymes on that track were way betta than this! This iz just randomness that people gon hate but this fast vibe iz on a dope level. Too bad it’s so awkward with those vocals…! My Rating: 4.2
 
 
Overall: I enjoyed this edition, tho there were a quantity of bumps in tha road with some of tha dance music comin’ out… A few exciting tracks, as well as some interestin’ ones. Just a bunch of vibes or original versions that didn’t fit well, in my tastes, but it doesn’t stop me from believin’ in betta tymes ahead!
 
 
Rankings:
 
19. Kesha “Only Love Can Save Us Now” 2.0
18. TECH IT DEEP “Maria Maria (Diplo Radio Remix)” 2.1
17. The Blessed Madonna & Gabriels feat. Jacob Lusk “Mercy” 2.2
16. Martin Jensen “Harry Styles” 2.4
15. Lawrent “When I’m With You” 2.9
14. Kylie Minogue “Padam Padam” 3.5
13. Jorja Smith “Little Things x Gypsy Woman (L Beats Mashup)” 3.6
12. KSHMR “Heartbeat” 3.7
11. deadmau5 & Kaskade feat. Haley “I Remember (John Summit Remix Radio)” 3.8
10. FISHER & Aatig “Take It Off” 3.9
09. Tiësto feat. Poppy Baskcomb “Drifting” 3.9
08. SOFI TUKKER “Jacaré” 4.0
07. Viiq, Kiral & Todd Stucky “Touch Ground” 4.0
06. JAUZ feat. Paige Williams “Lights Go Out” 4.1
05. Sam Smith & Madonna “Vulgar (Marlon Hoffstadt Remix)” 4.2
04. Jazzy “Giving Me” 4.3
03. Showtek feat. Sonny Wilson “Feeling” 4.5
02. JES “Forever Young (Morgin Madison Remix)” 4.6
01. ACRAZE feat. Aviella “In A Dream” 4.9
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                       68.6
Total Songs:                       / 19
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:    3.6